• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles is reportedly a FA

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jernigan back on a 1 or 2 year deal and draft a DT for the future.

meh on Agholor. dude is invisible on the field way too often for the money he is going to want.

I agree on Agholor... good guy and has a nice skill set, but is most effective from the slot and not nearly as consistent as you need your slot to be. If they do extend Aggy I don't want to see it for more than $5M/year, I don't think he's worth more than that.

Andy Isabella is a guy to me that could be the answer to our slot WR woes; he's fast, athletic, great hands and a true student of the game... I think he could also play a bit on the perimeter because he has legit downfield speed, not just a "quick" guy. If he's still there with one of 2nds I would strongly consider him as a replacement and solution to address the slot position. He's like Edelman but with more speed.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Agholor... good guy and has a nice skill set, but is most effective from the slot and not nearly as consistent as you need your slot to be. If they do extend Aggy I don't want to see it for more than $5M/year, I don't think he's worth more than that.

Andy Isabella is a guy to me that could be the answer to our slot WR woes; he's fast, athletic, great hands and a true student of the game... I think he could also play a bit on the perimeter because he has legit downfield speed, not just a "quick" guy. If he's still there with one of 2nds I would strongly consider him as a replacement and solution to address the slot position. He's like Edelman but with more speed.

Love Isabella ... hell, we need a slot if Aggy is gone "and" we also need a legit #2. We can't just rely on Mack Hollins coming back from injury to simply hop in to that role and take over. This is a great WR class so hopefully we can get both.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Isabella ... hell, we need a slot if Aggy is gone "and" we also need a legit #2. We can't just rely on Mack Hollins coming back from injury to simply hop in to that role and take over. This is a great WR class so hopefully we can get both.

Yup, we don't have a legit outside threat except for Alshon... I don't know what the Eagles are are planning in FA, if someone like Robbie Anderson or Tyrell Williams are targets, but they need a #2 as well. I'd actually like to see them draft one instead, but who knows what Howie has up his sleeve... another intriguing Eagles off-season to come, can't wait.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, we don't have a legit outside threat except for Alshon... I don't know what the Eagles are are planning in FA, if someone like Robbie Anderson or Tyrell Williams are targets, but they need a #2 as well. I'd actually like to see them draft one instead, but who knows what Howie has up his sleeve... another intriguing Eagles off-season to come, can't wait.

Robbie Anderson is a RFA ... I think the Jets would get our 2nd rounder if we were to sign him away. I don't think we're doing that. Ty Williams would be great as our #2, but he's one of the few WR's in free agency this year who would be worthwhile signing; that means he's likely going to be waaay overpaid. I think WR with one of our picks in Rd 2 then again with one of our picks in Rd 4 (we have 2 4th's) or 5.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he meant was there was no trade market. Or perhaps, more accurately, there was no market for the risk they would take playing cap games for the trade. At least that’s what I read into it. Teams have gotten more savvy at reading these situations and not giving up something they might not have to.

Not to say Nicks feedback didn’t play in. I just doubt it was an ultimatum. He told the team what he would like to see and they could not swing it for good worth. You let the guy go at that point and take the comp.
Valid point

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robbie Anderson is a RFA ... I think the Jets would get our 2nd rounder if we were to sign him away. I don't think we're doing that. Ty Williams would be great as our #2, but he's one of the few WR's in free agency this year who would be worthwhile signing; that means he's likely going to be waaay overpaid. I think WR with one of our picks in Rd 2 then again with one of our picks in Rd 4 (we have 2 4th's) or 5.

I’m down with Anderson for the skill level if he is UFA. But I’m not down with giving up a pick. For that I think Williams would be the better fit of the two. I just agree that his market value will greatly inflate past our valuation and capability.

I still like the John Brown idea. He’s been more or less pedestrian for a while....but he had real beast moments in the past in Arizona, and could fold into the “Eagles family” really well IMO.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could get Brown for a 5th round pick, I'm in. I still would want to draft another receiver. I want Alshon, Aggy, Mack, and 2 new guys (Brown and a draft pick).

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could get Brown for a 5th round pick, I'm in. I still would want to draft another receiver. I want Alshon, Aggy, Mack, and 2 new guys (Brown and a draft pick).

Brown's a free agent I think ... no need to trade a pick

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he goes to the Jags so I can root for him. They need some weapons to throw to though. They don't have Foles' types with size yet.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he goes to the Jags so I can root for him. They need some weapons to throw to though. They don't have Foles' types with size yet.

Dede Westbrook has upside. Keelan Cole has had flashes too.

Neither of these guys are top end WRs. Not even likely on Alshons level. Admitted. But I think they could be much better than they have shown with Foles.

It always can make or break how good a WR is based on the guy throwing the ball to him. Coincidentally, the times I can remember these receivers looking good were games where good Bortles had shown up.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dede Westbrook has upside. Keelan Cole has had flashes too.

Neither of these guys are top end WRs. Not even likely on Alshons level. Admitted. But I think they could be much better than they have shown with Foles.

It always can make or break how good a WR is based on the guy throwing the ball to him. Coincidentally, the times I can remember these receivers looking good were games where good Bortles had shown up.
Cole didn't do anything this year. I do like Westbrook, but neither is the big body Foles likes to throw to.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole didn't do anything this year. I do like Westbrook, but neither is the big body Foles likes to throw to.

That’s fair. Maybe I’m remembering not so much a good game or two, but a good catch or two from Cole.

You are dead on. They do not have an Alshon that can high point a ball and go get it. Then again, Riley Cooper was not that big body either.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really happy for Nick ... I wish him all the best and the Jags were just the perfect spot for him. All that said ... how can the Jags have an agreement in place when they are not allowed to talk business with the players or their agents till March 11th? The current team has up till that point to try and work with their free agents without interference from other teams. I'm sure the Eagles are fine with it because he's going to an AFC team, so nothing will come of it ... but if teams are just going to throw aside free agency rules then why even have them?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s fair. Maybe I’m remembering not so much a good game or two, but a good catch or two from Cole.

You are dead on. They do not have an Alshon that can high point a ball and go get it. Then again, Riley Cooper was not that big body either.
Coop was 6'4.
Cole was awesome for them the end of 2017. If he is still there come camp I do think he's the deep guy Foles would be slinging it to at this point. I don't know what was wrong with him last year, but he kind of came out of nowhere and then went back to nowhere. So we'll see with him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really happy for Nick ... I wish him all the best and the Jags were just the perfect spot for him. All that said ... how can the Jags have an agreement in place when they are not allowed to talk business with the players or their agents till March 11th? The current team has up till that point to try and work with their free agents without interference from other teams. I'm sure the Eagles are fine with it because he's going to an AFC team, so nothing will come of it ... but if teams are just going to throw aside free agency rules then why even have them?
Probably because the agent is lying.
(But I still wanted to play along).

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put me in the boat that is confused by how this info could leak when players/teams still cannot contact each other....

However, it's got to be good knowing you can root for the guy. The Jags are the furthest thing from being relevant to the NFC East.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coop was 6'4.
Cole was awesome for them the end of 2017. If he is still there come camp I do think he's the deep guy Foles would be slinging it to at this point. I don't know what was wrong with him last year, but he kind of came out of nowhere and then went back to nowhere. So we'll see with him.

Ha....point to you! I was thinking 6'0 in my head this morning for Coop.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not agree with it....but teams have been bending on these rules where they think they can forever.

"where they think they can" matters I think. Possibly they checked with the Eagles, or just knew we weren't trying to resign him (who doesn't know that). I think there have been complaints on these things before.....not that they lead to anything.