• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles is reportedly a FA

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most of us knew this was the potential outcome, but seems like it's now reality.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most of us knew this was the potential outcome, but seems like it's now reality.

I’ve seen the option and buyout written in stone no matter. It’s what happens now that will be interesting. If they tag him shortly expect trade news very quickly after. Or right on top of the tag announcement.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to have to agree to the trade for that to happen. Otherwise he can just refuse to sign it. The Eagles cannot trade him until he signs the tag.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he gets the franchise tag and traded

Doubtful. I believe the contract for that franchise tag (@$20mm) moves with him. I doubt any team out there is willing to pay him top ten money and give up anything meaningful in return for that opportunity.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to have to agree to the trade for that to happen. Otherwise he can just refuse to sign it. The Eagles cannot trade him until he signs the tag.

That's the one catch in all of this. If Foles plays that game it can also bite him in the arse because the Eagles can also remove the tag at any moment if not signed. Teams who may have interest in him (at most I see 4) could go a different route if they see Foles is playing hardball in not signing the tender ... and his market could dry out quickly. He could find himself released of the tender and with nowhere to go for that big payday. In signing the tender he's guaranteed the 25 mil unless he signs a long term deal with his new team.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I just hope Wentz doesn't turn out to be the porcelain princess I fear he's going to be. Fragile QB's seldom become not fragile and all the Eagles fans will be left with is a statue of better times.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I just hope Wentz doesn't turn out to be the porcelain princess I fear he's going to be. Fragile QB's seldom become not fragile and all the Eagles fans will be left with is a statue of better times.
What about fragile Drew Brees? Missed time his 2nd year starting. His whole shoulder was remade after his 4th year starting.
Never hurt again.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Fragile Ben Roethlisberger?
Hurt age 23.
Hurt age 28.
Still gets hurt, but great career anyway.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams do it anyhoo despite "technically" violating the terms. Kind of like teams dealing with potential free agents way prior to being allowed. I think all stars would have to align for the Eagles to be able to pull off a trade ... there's just a lot of hurdles with this. Foles can sign the tender immediately then refuse to negotiate with the team he's potentially going to be traded to. I highly doubt teams looking to trade for him are looking to pay the 25 mil the tender carries as well as giving up a pick; instead signing him to a long term deal where year one of the contract is closer to a 10-15 mil cap hit. Foles has all the leverage in this situation ... unless he wants to do the Eagles a favor, I don't see the Eagles in a position of power here.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams do it anyhoo despite "technically" violating the terms. Kind of like teams dealing with potential free agents way prior to being allowed. I think all stars would have to align for the Eagles to be able to pull off a trade ... there's just a lot of hurdles with this. Foles can sign the tender immediately then refuse to negotiate with the team he's potentially going to be traded to. I highly doubt teams looking to trade for him are looking to pay the 25 mil the tender carries as well as giving up a pick; instead signing him to a long term deal where year one of the contract is closer to a 10-15 mil cap hit. Foles has all the leverage in this situation ... unless he wants to do the Eagles a favor, I don't see the Eagles in a position of power here.
I don't care if the Birds get a 7th for him. I just want him moved out of the NFC East. He knows our coaches and planning to well.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if the Birds get a 7th for him. I just want him moved out of the NFC East. He knows our coaches and planning to well.

Right, but if Foles signs that tender immediately then states he is not going to negotiate with any team he is traded to ... the Eagles would be royally screwed. The last thing they need is to have the backup QB taking up 25 mil in Cap Space.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sheesh....why does this writer feel triggered to me?
All legitimate points....just feels like it is delivered with a sledgehammer.

My feeling on this all along....the Eagles would not even explore the possibility of the tag without checking the following:

* Where would Nick feel good going?
* Is that team interested in a trade with the understanding that Nick will sign an extension upon trade?

If it is yes to both THEN they drop the tag on him.

If they do it any different than this I am not happy with it. And if they cannot line up Yes on both of the above questions let him walk and get the comp next year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya man but.......:hope:.......anyway!
Foles is often hurt, too. Neither one has shown stability.

Together they have had tremendous production for two years at the position.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheesh....why does this writer feel triggered to me?
All legitimate points....just feels like it is delivered with a sledgehammer.

My feeling on this all along....the Eagles would not even explore the possibility of the tag without checking the following:

* Where would Nick feel good going?
* Is that team interested in a trade with the understanding that Nick will sign an extension upon trade?

If it is yes to both THEN they drop the tag on him.

If they do it any different than this I am not happy with it. And if they cannot line up Yes on both of the above questions let him walk and get the comp next year.

I took this article with a grain of salt

I'm pretty confident Roseman and the rest of the Eagles FO know what they are doing

But I saw it so I figured I would post the article here

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is often hurt, too. Neither one has shown stability.

Together they have had tremendous production for two years at the position.
Foles got them the SB and generates a whole lot of excitement. He's proven he can win the big game. You're clearly a Wentz fan so I hope he doesn't disappoint you. Wentz's Legacy with the Eagles is an 11-2 season before going down to a season ending injury. Demand more.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took this article with a grain of salt

I'm pretty confident Roseman and the rest of the Eagles FO know what they are doing

But I saw it so I figured I would post the article here
No doubt, Snowdog....didn’t mean for that to come across your way at all.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is deep.