• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL to have Deflation Investigation done in 2-3 Days

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......hmm,........I wonder what the weight of those balls were in your loss to the colts...?,......looks like those balls peyton threw must've been light, everyone of them sailed over the receiver's head.....!?,.......*MM wants an investigation/asap*. :whistle:

!....^^^^....!

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bring up a totally different question.......

What if Brady and Belichick are NOT lying? Who has the most to gain if the opposing team is playing with a less than adequate football? Is it possible that some one outside of the Patriot organization thought that IF they deflated the footballs, Brady would have problems with them? Who has been the most embarrassed during the playoffs? John Harbaugh the head coach of the Ravens who cried like a baby because he didn't recognize an offensive formation. Then he screamed cheaters cheaters and then had to back off because the NFL immediately went looking to see if the Patriots cheated and found the formations totally legal. So Harbaugh called the Colts and told them that the Patriots "might" be using under inflated balls.

The Patriots and Colts were playing the game in 50 degree temps in a driving rainstorm with winds blowing between 20-30 mph. Between every play the officials took the ball in play, placed in a towel, rubbed the ball as dry as possible and when the offense came to the line of scrimmage, placed the ball on the ground and immediately moved. With the extra handling of the ball to keep them dry, whay didn't the officials notice that the Patriots balls were softer than the Colt's balls.

That's pretty fishy to me.

This is the funniest f'ing thing I have read in a long time. Thank you so freaking much! :suds:

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the funniest f'ing thing I have read in a long time. Thank you so freaking much! :suds:

....hmm,.....I thought the funniest thing was your "crybaby" HC starting all this deflate-gate, because he didn't win the div. round.......!?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is just going bullshit about ""INTEGRITY"".......so who's leaking all of this information to Peter King and other media people?? The NFL is certainly NOT calling press conferences to announce anything.

Here are a couple things that have just been discussed on 98.5 Sports Hub with Michael Felger and Tony mazzeroti................

1. The referee at the Colts/Patriots actually tested every single one of the 48 footballs prior to the game with a pressure guage and all 48 were of the league mandated limit of 12.5 to 13.5 psi. That's supposedly fact from the NFL. The question is this.......are game balls checked before every NFL game or were they checked before this game because the league wanted to catch the Patriots doing something to the balls? If the suspected the Patriots were doing something to the balls, why didn't they follow the balls from the Officials Locker room to the field with a secret camera and keep the camera rolling when the balls were taken out of the ball bag??

2. The 48 balls were checked at halftime and the 11 balls with less than 12.5 psi were found. All 12 of the Patriots balls were removed and set aside. After the game, all of the balls that were used in the second half were checked and all of the balls were fine.

3. at the start of the second half, a "kicking ball" was sent out to the field instead of a game ball. The officials noticed that, stopped the game and it took several minutes to find a game ball.

According to Peter King, the Patriots ball had to have been tampered with by a human being in the 10 minutes that the game balls to given to the ball attendants and the start of the game or at some time while the first half was being played.

The final statement is that the league is continuing its investigation to see if they can find any video evidence of anyone actually doing something to the balls during the game or in the time that the balls left the officials locker room and were transported to the field. IF the balls were tampered with, they have to get the guy who got them from the officials and walked them to the field and start from there.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL issued a statement Friday on "DeflateGate," saying it's been determined that footballs used by the Patriots in the second half of Sunday's AFC Championship Game were properly inflated, but footballs used by the Patriots in the first half were "under-inflated."
The investigation is being led by Ted Wells and Jeff Pash. Wells and Pash have interviewed 40 people, and their investigation remains "ongoing" with no timetable for a resolution. Per the initial statement, "The goals of the investigation will be to determine the explanation for why footballs used in the game were not in compliance with the playing rules and specifically whether any noncompliance was the result of deliberate action."

So pretty much nothing new:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is just going bullshit about ""INTEGRITY"".......so who's leaking all of this information to Peter King and other media people?? The NFL is certainly NOT calling press conferences to announce anything.

Here are a couple things that have just been discussed on 98.5 Sports Hub with Michael Felger and Tony mazzeroti................

1. The referee at the Colts/Patriots actually tested every single one of the 48 footballs prior to the game with a pressure guage and all 48 were of the league mandated limit of 12.5 to 13.5 psi. That's supposedly fact from the NFL. The question is this.......are game balls checked before every NFL game or were they checked before this game because the league wanted to catch the Patriots doing something to the balls? If the suspected the Patriots were doing something to the balls, why didn't they follow the balls from the Officials Locker room to the field with a secret camera and keep the camera rolling when the balls were taken out of the ball bag??

2. The 48 balls were checked at halftime and the 11 balls with less than 12.5 psi were found. All 12 of the Patriots balls were removed and set aside. After the game, all of the balls that were used in the second half were checked and all of the balls were fine.

3. at the start of the second half, a "kicking ball" was sent out to the field instead of a game ball. The officials noticed that, stopped the game and it took several minutes to find a game ball.

According to Peter King, the Patriots ball had to have been tampered with by a human being in the 10 minutes that the game balls to given to the ball attendants and the start of the game or at some time while the first half was being played.

The final statement is that the league is continuing its investigation to see if they can find any video evidence of anyone actually doing something to the balls during the game or in the time that the balls left the officials locker room and were transported to the field. IF the balls were tampered with, they have to get the guy who got them from the officials and walked them to the field and start from there.

This was not a Patriot specific check. The NFL by their regulations check every ball with a gauge before every single game. This was not the first time they did this. Every game it is a required routine check. So no conspiracy that the NFL is out to get the Patriots here.

Throw in the Colts balls were checked for comparison and not a single ball had lost pressure during the 1st half of the game so yes it shows that if these balls were deflated some then it had to be done by a human not just by the weather or whatever else excuse people have been throwing out.

So essentially at this point it is not a matter of whether someone tried to cheat the system but a matter of who was involved in the cheating and what kind of punishment will be dished out.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was not a Patriot specific check. The NFL by their regulations check every ball with a gauge before every single game. This was not the first time they did this. Every game it is a required routine check. So no conspiracy that the NFL is out to get the Patriots here.

Throw in the Colts balls were checked for comparison and not a single ball had lost pressure during the 1st half of the game so yes it shows that if these balls were deflated some then it had to be done by a human not just by the weather or whatever else excuse people have been throwing out.

So essentially at this point it is not a matter of whether someone tried to cheat the system but a matter of who was involved in the cheating and what kind of punishment will be dished out.

Got a link for that? everything I read said they were still above 12.5, but it nothing about what it started at. So they may in fact have lost pressure but started higher.

My point, Colts found a loop hole, intentionally started with a higher pressure, and threw Pats under the bus.

Has the NFL ever tested at halftime before? Or has it always tested prior to game start and not thereafter?

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a link for that? everything I read said they were still above 12.5, but it nothing about what it started at. So they may in fact have lost pressure but started higher.

My point, Colts found a loop hole, intentionally started with a higher pressure, and threw Pats under the bus.

Has the NFL ever tested at halftime before? Or has it always tested prior to game start and not thereafter?

Whether the Colts balls lost some pressure or not really shouldn't matter here. From what I have read most of the balls for the Pats were found to be 2 PSI too low. With there only being a 1 PSI difference between the bottom and top level of legal it still doesn't explain why the Pats balls would have fallen more than that of the Colts.

Now about the halftime testing I have no clue. My guess is since the issue was brought to the officials before the end of the half that this testing is not a usual occurrence. IF both teams are ok with what is going on with the balls then the officials really have no reason to be suspicious. The fact that Baltimore told the league and the Colts to watch out for this though put this issue on heightened levels. So with the fact that two teams now were suspicious in a row the officials had no choice but to step in and test. This is not like the league was looking for a way to catch the Patriots cheating. When you have two premier franchises though in two straight weeks making the same claim then the league has to do something.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether the Colts balls lost some pressure or not really shouldn't matter here. From what I have read most of the balls for the Pats were found to be 2 PSI too low. With there only being a 1 PSI difference between the bottom and top level of legal it still doesn't explain why the Pats balls would have fallen more than that of the Colts.

Now about the halftime testing I have no clue. My guess is since the issue was brought to the officials before the end of the half that this testing is not a usual occurrence. IF both teams are ok with what is going on with the balls then the officials really have no reason to be suspicious. The fact that Baltimore told the league and the Colts to watch out for this though put this issue on heightened levels. So with the fact that two teams now were suspicious in a row the officials had no choice but to step in and test. This is not like the league was looking for a way to catch the Patriots cheating. When you have two premier franchises though in two straight weeks making the same claim then the league has to do something.

I read 1 report that said 11 of 12 were below 12.5 psi with 1 as much as 2 psi below.
I then read a lot of conjecture that 11 balls were 2 psi low.
If the Pats balls started at 12.5 and 10 of them were found at 12.3 while the Colts started at 13.0 and were found to be 12.7 that makes a HUGE difference.
These are details no one knows yet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read 1 report that said 11 of 12 were below 12.5 psi with 1 as much as 2 psi below.
If the Pats balls started at 12.5 and 10 of them were found at 12.3 while the Colts started at 13.0 and were found to be 12.7 that makes a HUGE difference.

I agree that makes a difference but it still doesn't give us a reason why at least 1 (the NFL has let us know at least 1 ball was found to be at 2 psi below). Now I guess you could make the argument maybe it was a faulty ball or something but it does seem like the more details that come out the worst it looks for the Pats. Throw in unfortunately for the Pats the media is against them at this point and there is power in the press. Goodell is having to listen to this all week leading up to what is supposed to be the highlight of the entire season. The NFL doesn't have to go by court of law on this but can even punish just based on the issue of this being a distraction and possibly costing the NFL money. There are rumors that some sponsors are thinking of pulling out and fans speaking of boycotting the Super Bowl if the Pats play in the game or at least if BB is not suspended. Goodell is about the bottom dollar and while he is close with the Pats owner he still has 31 other owners to answer to and explain why they maybe lost millions of dollars without the organization that caused it being punished. Going to be interesting how they work this all out and what they actually find and beyond that how much we as fans are let into. I mean with Bountygate and Spygate we honestly know very little with so much of the evidence being kept to a select few.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every film/video of the handlers on the sideline show the Patriots balls in a plastic green trash bag, lying on the surface of the field. I have yet to see any film/video of the Colts game balls on the sideline. Did they keep the balls in a plastic bags also or did they have them in another type of container to keep them warm and dry? I've seen at least 4 different shots of the Patriots ball handler taking a ball from the bag and several more showing him tossing balls into the bag. I never saw him hesitate for a second in any of these. I haven't seen one shot of the Colts ball handler.

I'd bet my IRA that the officials didn't check every ball with a guage before the game. They went in, grabbed a couple of balls each, said these feel fine. Give 'em to the attendants.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every film/video of the handlers on the sideline show the Patriots balls in a plastic green trash bag, lying on the surface of the field. I have yet to see any film/video of the Colts game balls on the sideline. Did they keep the balls in a plastic bags also or did they have them in another type of container to keep them warm and dry? I've seen at least 4 different shots of the Patriots ball handler taking a ball from the bag and several more showing him tossing balls into the bag. I never saw him hesitate for a second in any of these. I haven't seen one shot of the Colts ball handler.

I'd bet my IRA that the officials didn't check every ball with a guage before the game. They went in, grabbed a couple of balls each, said these feel fine. Give 'em to the attendants.

I'd bet mine your right.
I'm really starting to think this was all a defamation attempt by the Colts.
Jim Irsay is a sleaze ball and runs a sleaze ball organization.
I am glad for Manning that he was able to get out when he could.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since it's out there in the wild that 11 of the 12 balls were underinflated and around 2psi low... the NFL should publish the measurements taken at halftime. They're already done a bang up job with the leaks and letting rampant innuendo fly in the media. I'm wondering what is served by not publishing the measurements taken.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it that we knew immediately the exact number of balls that were deflated and that none of the Colt's balls were deflated, yet, days later we have not one more shred of information?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
........why hasn't the NFL come-out with the exact weight of what each ball was deflated by,....now they say it wasn't by 2 lbs./psi.......maybe 1 lb./psi,.......thanks for the ~firestorm~/NFL...!,.......now i hope B.B./Brady/Pats are exonerated .....!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it's out there in the wild that 11 of the 12 balls were underinflated and around 2psi low... the NFL should publish the measurements taken at halftime. They're already done a bang up job with the leaks and letting rampant innuendo fly in the media. I'm wondering what is served by not publishing the measurements taken.

......^^^^........didn't see this,.......AGREED....! :10:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
........why hasn't the NFL come-out with the exact weight of what each ball was deflated by,....now they say it wasn't by 2 lbs./psi.......maybe 1 lb./psi,.......thanks for the ~firestorm~/NFL...!,.......now i hope B.B./Brady/Pats are exonerated .....!

I saw this story last night, that Mike Florio now reports the NFL is saying only 1 of the 11 balls not inflated to required psi spec was 2lbs/psi less and the rest were about 11.5. By game day Sunday we'll be hearing that all the balls were actually within required guidelines. I would love to see Mark Brunell live on ESPN pick a ball that is 12.5 and the one that is 11.5. I'd bet he can't do it. What a damn fucking tool!! And I also read that John Harbaugh was behind this whole mess and not the Colts, because Harbaugh was so pissed he was outcoached by Belichick.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this story last night, that Mike Florio now reports the NFL is saying only 1 of the 11 balls not inflated to required psi spec was 2lbs/psi less and the rest were about 11.5. By game day Sunday we'll be hearing that all the balls were actually within required guidelines. I would love to see Mark Brunell live on ESPN pick a ball that is 12.5 and the one that is 11.5. I'd bet he can't do it. What a damn fucking tool!! And I also read that John Harbaugh was behind this whole mess and not the Colts, because Harbaugh was so pissed he was outcoached by Belichick.

...morning tex,.....you know pussy-boy Pagano called up "cry-baby" harbough looking for pats weaks-n-strengths prior to the colts MASSacre,.....and one single ball felt (supposedly) deflated is what started all this soon to be = waste of a fkkn time.......!

Last edited by a moderator:

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Brunell might need a BIG diaper when the "truth" comes out........piece-a-shit.....!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Brunell might need a BIG diaper when the "truth" comes out........piece-a-shit.....!

he's not the only one. Aikman (who I have lost all respect for) is just as bad. The other dirtbags that were so riled up were no surprise, the likes of Bettis and that certain former Ratbird are at the top of the list.