• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL to have Deflation Investigation done in 2-3 Days

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should have read as follows:

The NFL is NOT going to repeat the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson debacles. They will attempt to find out who, if anyone deflated the balls.

notorious98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you football geniuses.......what competitive advantage does a QB have using an underinflated football? Please explain any scientific proof that the football will perform better with less air. This ismpart of the problem that the NFL is having. The guidelines for inflation of 12.5 to 13.5 psi is to insure that the ball performs to a certain standard. Overinflation improves flight, speed, spin and reluctance to gravity. Underinflation causes the ball to wobble, flies slower, is pulled down much quicker by gravity and cannot travel as far. The fear is that the home team would underinflate the balls provided to the visiting team.

Every Patriot hater wants Belichick suspended. The NFL has to have absolute proof that he deflated those balls or instructed someone to do so. They literally have to have him on camera or tape. Every Patriot hater wants the Patriots to lose draft picks. The total nut cases want the Patriots bounced from the Super Bowl and the Colts to be allowed to play in their stead. The NFL is going to repeat the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson debacles. They will attempt to find out who, if anyone deflated the balls. Then they must prove whether or not that person acted on their own or if they were instructed or ordered by someone else to deflate the balls. All of this have to be proven beyond a doubt.

It doesn't matter what the outcome of this situation is...........it'll be a lifetime of "Cheaters, Cheaters, Cheaters"...................

What will they find when the Patriots go to the Super Bowl next year??

Do you also own the alternate color Patriot footie pajamas?

Even Perillo is pissed about this and the dude works for Patriots.com. He isn't pissed at these "haters", he's pissed at the team itself. Many Patriot fans are pissed off at the team for bringing more potential "cheater" question marks to their team. You want to defend the indefensible, by all means, go ahead. But it doesn't matter because the NFL has rules to adhere by. If there was no advantage to be gained, why would they bother setting a standard for ball inflation? Why would they be investigating at all? Why would there be a minimum fine of $25,000 for doing it? Why would the Patriots need to deflate the balls if there was no advantage to be had? I think, at this point, it's more than obvious that they did.

You keep toting the banner, though. Because you definitely don't seem to be in the majority according to Perillo and the people calling up Felger and Mazz. They're pretty pissed at Belichick and whoever else for completely ruining what should be a good moment.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you football geniuses.......what competitive advantage does a QB have using an underinflated football? Please explain any scientific proof that the football will perform better with less air. This ismpart of the problem that the NFL is having. The guidelines for inflation of 12.5 to 13.5 psi is to insure that the ball performs to a certain standard. Overinflation improves flight, speed, spin and reluctance to gravity. Underinflation causes the ball to wobble, flies slower, is pulled down much quicker by gravity and cannot travel as far. The fear is that the home team would underinflate the balls provided to the visiting team.

Every Patriot hater wants Belichick suspended. The NFL has to have absolute proof that he deflated those balls or instructed someone to do so. They literally have to have him on camera or tape. Every Patriot hater wants the Patriots to lose draft picks. The total nut cases want the Patriots bounced from the Super Bowl and the Colts to be allowed to play in their stead. The NFL is going to repeat the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson debacles. They will attempt to find out who, if anyone deflated the balls. Then they must prove whether or not that person acted on their own or if they were instructed or ordered by someone else to deflate the balls. All of this have to be proven beyond a doubt.

It doesn't matter what the outcome of this situation is...........it'll be a lifetime of "Cheaters, Cheaters, Cheaters"...................

First off in bad weather an underinflated ball is much easier to grip for a quarterback making it easier for him to throw a spiral. Also it helps receivers as a softer ball is much easier to catch. Have you ever caught a football that is rock hard in cold weather? Not a fun experience. So even just a bit softer makes it that much easier. It also because it improves grip makes it much hard to fumble compared to an overinflated football.

So while in regular weather it probably doesn't add much of an advantage, in the cold and wet weather it definitely produces an advantage.

If you want to read from actual scientist on the subject here is an article...Scientists Say The NFL's 'Deflate-Gate' Isn't All Hot Air : The Two-Way : NPR

They said it should have given Indy an advantage as well but I don't think they realized that each team uses their own balls not that they share footballs.

As for Belichick having to have any information on the situation that is just not true. Supposedly Sean Payton didn't have any clue the bountygate was happening yet he was suspended for a year. So it is not unheard of to suspend the HC because he is the top man of the team (I know owner really is but you can't really suspend them unless they do something outside the NFL to embarrass the NFL).

notorious98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm pretty sure that the NFL doesn't need absolute proof or need him on video tape. The last time I checked, Goodell was able to suspend a bunch of players from the Saints with some of the shittiest evidence known to man. Evidence so horrendously bad that Tagliabue came in and pretty much eliminated all of the suspensions and killed the entire Bountygate investigation.

notorious98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off in bad weather an underinflated ball is much easier to grip for a quarterback making it easier for him to throw a spiral. Also it helps receivers as a softer ball is much easier to catch. Have you ever caught a football that is rock hard in cold weather? Not a fun experience. So even just a bit softer makes it that much easier. It also because it improves grip makes it much hard to fumble compared to an overinflated football.

This is exactly what Brad Johnson brought up. That he bribed the ball boys to deflate the balls because the ball was hard as a rock in the NFC title game against the Eagles. He said it the cold made the ball harder to grip and deflating it made it easier.

Mr Steeler

ReMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hardly the point is it? I mean do the refs call penalties based on whether or not the play was affected? They broke the rules or they didn't.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Patriots fan I am a little embarrassed about this whole ball deflation scandal. Nothing good can come out of it. Even if the Patriots are found to not be at fault, some damage has already been done to their reputation.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once a cheating franchise, ALWAYS a cheating franchise. Pats should lose ALL draft picks in upcoming draft if it is proved they intentionally deflated the footballs. That's the only way the NFL will get across to these cheaters. And who the hell knows how long they've been doing this? If you honestly believe this is the first time they've done this, you are in some serious denial.

must suck to always live in a butthurt world.

Did they underinflate the footballs in the first half Sunday? It appears so.

Did it help them win? Absolutely not. The score at the half was 17-7 and Brady had mediocre numbers. In the second half they took the Colts to the woodshed 28-0 and Brady missed about 2 passes and had about twice as much yardage.

notorious98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did it help them win? Absolutely not. The score at the half was 17-7 and Brady had mediocre numbers. In the second half they took the Colts to the woodshed 28-0 and Brady missed about 2 passes and had about twice as much yardage.

It doesn't matter whether it was the deciding factor in them winning or not. It's the fact that they knowingly broke the rules in order to gain an advantage.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter whether it was the deciding factor in them winning or not. It's the fact that they knowingly broke the rules in order to gain an advantage.

It does actually and significantly matter. The people calling for the Colts to replace the Patriots as the rightful AFC representative in the SB are just blowing hot air and they know it. If the game had been close...esp if first half points helped to seal it...the clamoring for such a ruling may be actual.

I too am regretful about the situation as a fan and offer the following list of facts:

This is a story mostly because it's the Patriots. The ball inflation made no difference in the game. Many if not all NFL QBs have preferences for what condition they want their balls in. This is the first time any of us have even heard anything about ball inflation. It was stupid and unnecessary.

Before long, something bigger will replace this story and we'll all move on with more haters on board than ever.

I understand the representative nature of the transgression but for all practical purposes, it's a complete non-issue. We all broke the law driving to work this morning.

notorious98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does actually and significantly matter. The people calling for the Colts to replace the Patriots as the rightful AFC representative in the SB are just blowing hot air and they know it. If the game had been close...esp if first half points helped to seal it...the clamoring for such a ruling may be actual.

Point out where I said the Colts should replace the Patriots.

Cheat - To break a rule or law usually to gain an advantage at stomething.

Cheat - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I understand the representative nature of the transgression but for all practical purposes, it's a complete non-issue. We all broke the law driving to work this morning.

I didn't because I'm a stay at home dad. However, if I had, and I got caught, I'd expect to be punished. If I got caught doing it a second time, I'd expect to be punished again.

Also, this isn't speeding. A penalty in the middle of the game is equitable to speeding. This is more like a serious crime. You get it knocked down to a misdemeanor the first time. The second time, the judge slams the hammer down.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't because I'm a stay at home dad. However, if I had, and I got caught, I'd expect to be punished. If I got caught doing it a second time, I'd expect to be punished again.

Also, this isn't speeding. A penalty in the middle of the game is equitable to speeding. This is more like a serious crime. You get it knocked down to a misdemeanor the first time. The second time, the judge slams the hammer down.

Speaking of 1998

Cheat - to circumvent the salary cap.

Serious crime? Really?!

Come on dude, if you're going come in here and spout crap, make sure your own house is in order.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deflate the balls...rip off hand sigs...film a walk through... wear nasty smelly sweatshirts...no problem and no HOF for Belecheat and his sidekick Mr. can't win without cheating Brady. The all American QB.

Yeeeeha what a great Superbowl we have ahead of us. The outcome will be suspect no matter which team wins. Ha Ha Ha I think I'll go play a round of Golf instead of waste my time watching the WWF/NFL Championship.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deflate the balls...rip off hand sigs...film a walk through... wear nasty smelly sweatshirts...no problem and no HOF for Belecheat and his sidekick Mr. can't win without cheating Brady. The all American QB.

Yeeeeha what a great Superbowl we have ahead of us. The outcome will be suspect no matter which team wins. Ha Ha Ha I think I'll go play a round of Golf instead of waste my time watching the WWF/NFL Championship.

OK Nancy, don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya. AMF

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Point out where I said that you said that the Colts should replace the Patriots.

Nice def of cheating, which of course, applies to holding too.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

did you attend Whiney 101 given by Faulk? No doubt you were top of the class.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that just shows how fucking dumb they were to cheat in the first place. They did better against a pathetic Indy team when they weren't cheating. They can't even cheat well.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Patriot fans, this incident is similar to ..........

Driving a car on a country road, coming up to a stop sign and not stopping only to have the local sherriff sitting in the bushes.

To Patriots haters it's more like.............

Driving a snowplow at 50 mph through an elementary school yard during recess.

notorious98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point out where I said that you said that the Colts should replace the Patriots.

Nice def of cheating, which of course, applies to holding too.

This is the same dumb thing I see every Patriot fan say. Deflating the balls is the same as corking a bat in baseball. It's intentionally nefarious. Stop attempting to equate the two, they aren't similar in the slightest. Reason being? You don't get fined $25,000 for holding.

Last edited by a moderator:

notorious98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that just shows how fucking dumb they were to cheat in the first place. They did better against a pathetic Indy team when they weren't cheating. They can't even cheat well.

Deflategate: Baltimore Ravens tipped off Indianapolis Colts about New England Patriots' deflating footballs | FOX Sports

Any Patriot fan that thinks this was an isolated incident is pants on head retarded. Makes you wonder if there's a reason why the Patriots were able to overcome two 14 point deficits against the Ravens, doesn't it?