• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL to have Deflation Investigation done in 2-3 Days

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This case is similar to: Chargers Use Stickum on balls 2012

Result: $20,000 Fine for concealing and refusing to give up evidence.

Had to remind some mouthy Charger fans today about their own recent history.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same dumb thing I see every Patriot fan say. Deflating the balls is the same as corking a bat in baseball. It's intentionally nefarious. Stop attempting to equate the two, they aren't similar in the slightest. Reason being? You don't get fined $25,000 for holding.

I didn't equate the two.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought on why we haven't heard anything from the league and why Brady hasn't spoken to anyone from league. There has been lots written and said since Monday morning but unless I missed it, I've seen no quotes from the referee on Sunday night. Could it be the referee never inspected the balls as he is required to do so and that nobody intentionally let air out of the balls Brady picked out to use for the game? If that's the case the league has a big shitstorm ahead of them and they are figuring out how to go down that road. Why else would we be into this 5 days already and nothing from the league? Like I said..just a thought.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought on why we haven't heard anything from the league and why Brady hasn't spoken to anyone from league. There has been lots written and said since Monday morning but unless I missed it, I've seen no quotes from the referee on Sunday night. Could it be the referee never inspected the balls as he is required to do so and that nobody intentionally let air out of the balls Brady picked out to use for the game? If that's the case the league has a big shitstorm ahead of them and they are figuring out how to go down that road. Why else would we be into this 5 days already and nothing from the league? Like I said..just a thought.

...but.....but.....:bawling: mark brunell :bawling:....doesn't wanna hear that, tex...!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter whether it was the deciding factor in them winning or not. It's the fact that they knowingly broke the rules in order to gain an advantage.

......hmm,........I wonder what the weight of those balls were in your loss to the colts...?,......looks like those balls peyton threw must've been light, everyone of them sailed over the receiver's head.....!?,.......*MM wants an investigation/asap*. :whistle:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bring up a totally different question.......

What if Brady and Belichick are NOT lying? Who has the most to gain if the opposing team is playing with a less than adequate football? Is it possible that some one outside of the Patriot organization thought that IF they deflated the footballs, Brady would have problems with them? Who has been the most embarrassed during the playoffs? John Harbaugh the head coach of the Ravens who cried like a baby because he didn't recognize an offensive formation. Then he screamed cheaters cheaters and then had to back off because the NFL immediately went looking to see if the Patriots cheated and found the formations totally legal. So Harbaugh called the Colts and told them that the Patriots "might" be using under inflated balls.

The Patriots and Colts were playing the game in 50 degree temps in a driving rainstorm with winds blowing between 20-30 mph. Between every play the officials took the ball in play, placed in a towel, rubbed the ball as dry as possible and when the offense came to the line of scrimmage, placed the ball on the ground and immediately moved. With the extra handling of the ball to keep them dry, whay didn't the officials notice that the Patriots balls were softer than the Colt's balls.

That's pretty fishy to me.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a thought I had yesterday as well.
I said the very same thing to the wife this morning!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bring up a totally different question.......

What if Brady and Belichick are NOT lying? Who has the most to gain if the opposing team is playing with a less than adequate football? Is it possible that some one outside of the Patriot organization thought that IF they deflated the footballs, Brady would have problems with them? Who has been the most embarrassed during the playoffs? John Harbaugh the head coach of the Ravens who cried like a baby because he didn't recognize an offensive formation. Then he screamed cheaters cheaters and then had to back off because the NFL immediately went looking to see if the Patriots cheated and found the formations totally legal. So Harbaugh called the Colts and told them that the Patriots "might" be using under inflated balls.

The Patriots and Colts were playing the game in 50 degree temps in a driving rainstorm with winds blowing between 20-30 mph. Between every play the officials took the ball in play, placed in a towel, rubbed the ball as dry as possible and when the offense came to the line of scrimmage, placed the ball on the ground and immediately moved. With the extra handling of the ball to keep them dry, whay didn't the officials notice that the Patriots balls were softer than the Colt's balls.

That's pretty fishy to me.

Thought that too.
Don't think so though, it would be pretty tough to do.
Deflating footballs may not be as easy as it sounds

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off yes the league has looked into that and found the refs to have actually checked the footballs.

Source: Footballs were properly checked before Colts-Patriots game | ProFootballTalk

Second come on BigKen you are better than trying to justify all of this with that of coming up with some conspiracy theory. I mean really what does John Harbaugh have to gain by trying to get the balls deflated? He has everything to lose such as his job and possible jail time for such an action. No coach would risk that just to deflate some balls against a team that he is not even playing. Come on Pats fans I know you guys are better than this.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deflating footballs may not be as easy as it sounds

So the balls are only out of the officials control for moments before the start of the game.
QB's supposedly like their balls at an EXACT SPECIFIC psi (per Brunell).
Some ball boy is going to PRECISLEY AND METICULOUSLY deflate the balls prior to the start and maybe even reinflate to the QB's HIGHLY CALIBRATED standard? In mere moments between coin toss and kickoff? With nobody noticing, week in and week out?

I'm not buying it. Not because I'm a Pats fan but because it just seems almost impossible. Granted, nothing is impossible. We have a saying in my business that impossible just means it costs more.

I believe Stafford who said he just plays with whatever his equipment manager brings out.

How does Brunell feel about that???

Seems more plausibe, perhaps, that Brady chose some balls out of the bushel basket that felt "right" to him, and nobody ever, NFL Official included, ever checked them for pressure.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off yes the league has looked into that and found the refs to have actually checked the footballs.

Source: Footballs were properly checked before Colts-Patriots game | ProFootballTalk

Second come on BigKen you are better than trying to justify all of this with that of coming up with some conspiracy theory. I mean really what does John Harbaugh have to gain by trying to get the balls deflated? He has everything to lose such as his job and possible jail time for such an action. No coach would risk that just to deflate some balls against a team that he is not even playing. Come on Pats fans I know you guys are better than this.

Sources say...

Oh, so an NFL official that may have his job on the line would not lie but BB and TB who have the reputation of their franchise on their shoulders would?

C'mon...

Is there any video proof the said NFL official actually did check pressure of all balls in question?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources say...

Oh, so an NFL official that may have his job on the line would not lie but BB and TB who have the reputation of their franchise on their shoulders would?

C'mon...

Is there any video proof the said NFL official actually did check pressure of all balls in question?

Well lets see...A franchise known for cheating in the past and lying about it or this other guy who wouldn't lose his job, the officials would...Hmmm yeah which one sounds more plausible?

Essentially almost every single NFL player, coach, and NFL official is saying that there is no way that Brady did not notice the difference in the balls but yeah lets believe Brady on this.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets see...A franchise known for cheating in the past and lying about it or this other guy who wouldn't lose his job, the officials would...Hmmm yeah which one sounds more plausible?

Essentially almost every single NFL player, coach, and NFL official is saying that there is no way that Brady did not notice the difference in the balls but yeah lets believe Brady on this.

What? When?
Illegal camera location again? Again???
BB never denied it. Admitted it and admitted it was his mestake for misinterpretting the rule. Where's the lie?

Or are you refering to the manipulation of injury reports that they were cleared of?
Anybody can lie or manipulate facts.
The media can also be manipulated.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have all heard the weather arguement, and here's proof from a prominent college and also Buffalo Bills fan.

Boston College Professor: Weather Had To Play Role In DeflateGate | New England Patriots | NESN.com

So my question, when has the pressure in a ball ever been checked at halftime before? Ever? Is it common practice to check ball pressure during or after a game? Is it uncommon practice?

Sake of arguement...

Somebody has said that 11 of 12 balls were under 12.5 psi with 1 as much as 2 psi under. How much were the others under? Were they hovering at 12.4?
If they were 12.5 at 70 degrees and did lose a bit due to weather conditions is this an issue that has ever been brought up to teams before? Has the NFL ever checked the air pressure DURING a game that is being played at near zero degrees? Any game any environment? I would expect balls to swell in Arizona in September, no?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mestake...my mistake...I'm not lying...honest, it was my mistake...not my ball girl's.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also...If the pressure has never been checked during or after a game before, "IF"...

Did the Colts realize this during their prior asswhooping and cook this whole scheme up with the hopes they could catch the Pats with teir pants down.

Or...

D'Qwell Jackson intercepts, Goes to sideline, Gives ball to equipment manager to hold (honestly), EM sticks needle in ball for a couple seconds, and goes to HC, to GM, to NFL.
NFL tests at halftime for first time finds 10 of 12 have lost .5 psi and 1 of 12 (the intercepted 1) has lost 2.
Feasible? Yes.
Never happen though because ONLY a Patriot would lie or be deceiptful.