• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL refs still suck

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same projection last year and the Eagles saw the 6th or 7th seeded Giants. I think whoever sees the Lions in their first playoff game in forever is a live dog that weekend.
Depends, early season Lions or last few weeks Lions. Very different teams.

Lions at their peak play I think any team would like to avoid.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, the Chiefs RT is actually leading the league in penalties. We actually just played a game against the Raiders where the refs called zero penalties on the Raiders.

I'm not sure the refs are competent enough to rig games

You might be right but look at the penalties for and against the eagles this year. It is mind blowing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right but look at the penalties for and against the eagles this year. It is mind blowing.
+2, -5, -1, -4, +2, +4, +10, +4, 0, 0, +7

So 3 of the first 4 the Eagles had more penalties than the opponents. Chiefs and Cowboys even. That said, we haven't seen the refs hit the Eagles harder than their opponent since week 4.

I wouldn't call it mind blowing but they do have a penalty advantage on the year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+2, -5, -1, -4, +2, +4, +10, +4, 0, 0, +7

So 3 of the first 4 the Eagles had more penalties than the opponents. Chiefs and Cowboys even. That said, we haven't seen the refs hit the Eagles harder than their opponent since week 4.

I wouldn't call it mind blowing but they do have a penalty advantage on the year.
That's great coaching by the Eagles staff. Good stuff.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 to play.

I think the two best teams are SF & Philly (even with one losing this coming week) while all others seem second tier.

better to play a few more

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends, early season Lions or last few weeks Lions. Very different teams.

Lions at their peak play I think any team would like to avoid.
I don’t trust Goff. I don’t trust Aaron Glenn. I think Glenn is destined to get out coached and I think Goff will make critical errors in a pressure situation. Time will tell. But I think the road team in that spot is 50/50 to win the game outright.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great coaching by the Eagles staff. Good stuff.
Nope. You’re wrong. The Eagles have had the best record in the NFL every day since September 2022 and that condition only exists because of a grand conspiracy to elevate the Eagles. Did you see that ref kick a 59 yard FG in those conditions yesterday? That ref made a hell of a catch from Hurts on 3rd and 15. Just lean into it. We are almost there. The irrational bull shit people used to throw at the Patriots when they were on their run are not starting to come the Eagles way. People will do anything they can to diminish winners. Just embrace it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t trust Goff. I don’t trust Aaron Glenn. I think Glenn is destined to get out coached and I think Goff will make critical errors in a pressure situation. Time will tell. But I think the road team in that spot is 50/50 to win the game outright.
Early season Goff was a godsend. He was killing it. I am not sure what it takes to get him back. I won't argue on Glenn, everytime he interviews for a HC gig I am giddy.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. You’re wrong. The Eagles have had the best record in the NFL every day since September 2022 and that condition only exists because of a grand conspiracy to elevate the Eagles. Did you see that ref kick a 59 yard FG in those conditions yesterday? That ref made a hell of a catch from Hurts on 3rd and 15. Just lean into it. We are almost there. The irrational bull shit people used to throw at the Patriots when they were on their run are not starting to come the Eagles way. People will do anything they can to diminish winners. Just embrace it.
They got outplayed the last 5 games. Refs saved them. And dont compare the eagles to the pats. They are not even close. Its been a year and a half or so for Philly. Pats did it the better part of 20 years.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got outplayed the last 5 games. Refs saved them. And dont compare the eagles to the pats. They are not even close. Its been a year and a half or so for Philly. Pats did it the better part of 20 years.
Like the Ravens anal raping the opponent outplayed?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be that one of the biggest issues overall is that the Refs are not full time. I think there is a lot of training that could go on in the off-season if guys were treated as full-time NFL employees. It wouldn't solve all the issues, but getting all the refs together and doing training together, and going through off-season drills together would likely go a long, long way to helping mitigate one of the biggest issues in officiating - the large disparity between crews in how games are called....

Make the officials full time NFL employees, with a full off-season of training and getting officials all together in one spot for a month, or two, leading up to the season and I'd wager a decent amount we'd see a lot smoother transition between crews in-season.

It is ridiculous that a league as rich as the NFL doesn't have full-time employees as officials.

I would add that a replay ref in each game should have the ability to tell the crew to throw a flag quickly after the play if they miss something egregious.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the calls they still miss after looking at replay? some are easy and some are not. It's funny that some of these tough to judge calls aren't even reviewed. Really makes no sense

I don't think those are misses. They are CYA, not wanting to reverse their own calls.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, the Chiefs RT is actually leading the league in penalties. We actually just played a game against the Raiders where the refs called zero penalties on the Raiders.

I'm not sure the refs are competent enough to rig games

He should stop lining up in the backfield. They let that go for quite a while before finally waking up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't the current Eagles need to win one first before the Patriots comparisons start lol?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the current Eagles need to win one first before the Patriots comparisons start lol?
Nope they already have four of the top three WRs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my apologies to the hoop redskin fans. I was wrong.

you guys aren't the worst Dallas envy fans on the hoop.

universal hate.

LOVE THIS PLACE

hut...hut