• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articles/135104-lynch-discusses-strong-draft-class-49ers-belief-pettis/

Hard to believe they REALLY believe in Pettis?

They have to say this in public, but i doubt Pettis is going to get enough opportunity now? They'll likely lean more reps to Hurd than Pettis?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Trade-offs isn't surprising cause your team is only GOOD due to very good player performances. Very good players can make more money joining other teams, that's just American (land of opportunity).

Lynch can address the current FA's but he needs to do it looking ahead. This is where trade-offs come in, even though he wants these current FA's, he wants other FA's even more.

The way to stay cap "healthy" is draft WELL every year, ie get lucky in the draft. One bad draft and the window closes faster.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mims is making himself a lot of money in post season bowls and the combine
ND's Claypool passes/excels all the shorts and a T-Sirt tests

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mims is making himself a lot of money in post season bowls and the combine
ND's Claypool passes/excels all the shorts and a T-Sirt tests

As much as i would like a WR like Mims, not so sure we'll draft someone with his value? Even if we trade down we're looking at end of 2nd and end of 3rd. There will still be good WR's but not as good as Mims etal.

It would only make sense if the prospect can be good 'downfield'. An Emanual Sanders with a little of Goodwin's speed. For the shorter stuff we already have the WR's for that, adding Hurd and Taylor.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as i would like a WR like Mims, not so sure we'll draft someone with his value? Even if we trade down we're looking at end of 2nd and end of 3rd. There will still be good WR's but not as good as Mims etal.

It would only make sense if the prospect can be good 'downfield'. An Emanual Sanders with a little of Goodwin's speed. For the shorter stuff we already have the WR's for that, adding Hurd and Taylor.
The Niners talked to Ruggs. It would seem they have some interest with a speed merchant.
I only watched one Baylor game last season and I fully admit WR wasn't anywhere on my radar.
He's only been helping himself in the post season with the Senior Bowl and now the Combine.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/202...***********&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref

The 49ers are at least doing their due diligence on the 2020 wide receiver class. Alabama wide receiver Henry Ruggs said via Cam Inman of the Bay Area News Group that he met with San Francisco, making him the third top WR prospect to announce at least an informal meeting with the club. LSU’s Justin Jefferson and TCHU’s Jalen Reagor also said they talked with the 49ers at the combine

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are several WRs and DBs with track experience/speed is what we need in lower rounds available!?!:) Some may be able to adjust to LB and DL.?.

Last edited:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are several WRs and DBs with track experience/speed is what we need in lower rounds available!?!:) Some may be able to adjust to LB and DL.?.

We can find pure speed in lower rounds, but a good player needs more than straight line speed. Most lower round players don't become starters, so thats bucking big odds.

Not saying don't draft WR's and CB's, of course we do if value is there. But am saying we shouldn't expect a lot.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was watchng a little of the scouting combine, and really think we should keep the D-line strong. So if Armstead leaves (almost for sure), we should consider staying at 31st for Marlon Davidson. The commentators said he's good against the run and can move inside and pressure.

I saw at least on mock with him in the 1st round.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How 49ers can replace Armstead in NFL draft if DL leaves

I have to think we'll draft someone to replace Armstead......TRY to replace Armstead. With little draft capital this means a '2nd tier' DE prospect.

Too bad with Soloman Thomas, their very first pick and 3rd overall....sheesh! Its a wonder we got to the SB without Thomas and Foster, two 1st round picks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who 49ers could target in draft if Sanders signs elsewhere

IMO we can't afford to keep Sanders because we need to extend Kittle or Buckner first. Then we can apply those savings (partially) to look at Ward next. I veteran WR would be nice but i'd go ahead and look at one of these guys. Just one of those 'tough decisions' you have to make.

Mims will be gone by the time we pick, so it can be a Parker or Hogkins much later.

I don't think we can sign Armstead and is why i put Ward next.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/202...***********&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref

Yes, two 2nd's for 31st plus 5th would be my choice, but the other option isn't too bad.

The key is if a QB slides all the way down to 31st, hmmmmm

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They probably wont find one in the 5th, 6th, 7th round

yes, the odds are VERY low.

I'm ok if we don't draft any WR. Yes we could use one and at very least, a burner like Goodwin. But won't be disapointed if we don't add any. I get we're short of draft picks and there are other positions that'll work too.

We already have Taylor and Hurd to add into the mix.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, the odds are VERY low.

I'm ok if we don't draft any WR. Yes we could use one and at very least, a burner like Goodwin. But won't be disapointed if we don't add any. I get we're short of draft picks and there are other positions that'll work too.

We already have Taylor and Hurd to add into the mix.

I wouldn't count on Taylor he can't stay healthy.