• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Passing on Lamb for Kinlaw. We knew of Kinlaw's knee issues in advance of drafting him. If those issues cost him time and effectiveness, it'll only make the decision to bring in a big man with knee issues all the worse, particularly considering who we passed on.

Considering the low number of picks we had, In terms of realistic returns, we'll be doing well if either Kinlaw or Aiyuk turn into above average starters (or better). I.e., if Aiyuk turns into a playmaker, it won't matter if Kinlaw is the next Balmer or brittle as Ward/Armstead.

We obviously want all of our picks to do well but if i had to choose one, its Kinlaw. Reason being a DT is defending on every play whether run or pass. Whereas a WR typically gets 5 catches a game. I know WR's do more than catch but his impact is when he catches the ball. Aiyuk won't be the focus on offense since we have other skill players.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We obviously want all of our picks to do well but if i had to choose one, its Kinlaw. Reason being a DT is defending on every play whether run or pass. Whereas a WR typically gets 5 catches a game. I know WR's do more than catch but his impact is when he catches the ball. Aiyuk won't be the focus on offense since we have other skill players.
Eh, While I agree, that same rationale applies to Kinlaw, as we have 3 other very good D-linemen.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, While I agree, that same rationale applies to Kinlaw, as we have 3 other very good D-linemen.

That's why I felt Kinlaw was the top choice - along with a receiver/OL - we really don't know what to expect with the D-line. No Buckner for starters, Ford's questionable knee, and who knows what Armstead will do. Yeah, he balled out in a contract year, but is that who he is going forward? Bosa right now is the most sure thing.

I think we'll be good....we'll see.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I felt Kinlaw was the top choice - along with a receiver/OL - we really don't know what to expect with the D-line. No Buckner for starters, Ford's questionable knee, and who knows what Armstead will do. Yeah, he balled out in a contract year, but is that who he is going forward? Bosa right now is the most sure thing.

Ronald Blair and DJ Jones are also good players to rotate in.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ronald Blair and DJ Jones are also good players to rotate in.

DJ Jones will be the starter and a very good one against the run. Ford, Blair, etc will rotate in including....gulp....Soloman Thomas.

I bet in the Pre-Season (ok maybe no Pre-Season) Soloman Thomas will be given the first chance to shine? BTW - we don't really have a back-up to Ford do we, that pure speed rusher off the edge?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yep, from early on we both agreed on Kinlaw but as the draft got closer, we both swayed close to WR. :-)

The D-line is solid but one major injury and it could all fall apart? It is hard enough to build a front four so can't complain about depth, just saying. I prefer Kinlaw starts by being good against the run, then any flash pressure plays is gravy. But IMO his first goal is stay low and stop the run.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I get your gist but its a little different on defense. If Kinlaw turns out bad for example, the opponent will keep attacking him. Defenses can't have glaring weaknesses because the NFL is too good to hide it. This is why given only one choice, I prefer Kinlaw to excel.

Whereas on offense you choose to use other skill players if Aiyuk is bad. Our offense isn't as dependent on Aiyuk.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't use shovel's digging with an excavator is much easier work smarter not harder, I wouldn't expect you to understand.
That's how you got that hole you are in so deep so quickly?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how you got that hole you are in so deep so quickly?

Says they guy who says you never draft a senior at the top half of the draft. The hole I dug is to bury you in and your foolish logic.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says they guy who says you never draft a senior at the top half of the draft. The hole I dug is to bury you in and your foolish logic.
Don't be a fool. Put away the shovel, you are digging yourself in too deeply

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lynch and Herm Edwards on Brandon Aiyuk....

"So we watched him throughout the year, and he's a guy that just the more you watch, the more you like," Lynch continued. "I think we were probably helped by [his 40-time]. I don't think he was healthy. He's since had that core-muscle surgery, but he ran a 4.5, and our eyes sure didn't see a 4.5. Our eyes saw a guy that never got caught. Sure enough, when I talked to Herm, Herm said, 'Don't believe that. He's a high 4.3 guy day long.'

Huh?!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch and Herm Edwards on Brandon Aiyuk....

"So we watched him throughout the year, and he's a guy that just the more you watch, the more you like," Lynch continued. "I think we were probably helped by [his 40-time]. I don't think he was healthy. He's since had that core-muscle surgery, but he ran a 4.5, and our eyes sure didn't see a 4.5. Our eyes saw a guy that never got caught. Sure enough, when I talked to Herm, Herm said, 'Don't believe that. He's a high 4.3 guy day long.'

Huh?!
He has the core body injury and still ran the 49 at the combine which is why he was slower. According to Lynch he looked faster on tape and Herm Edwards he is faster which I would believe.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articles/138428-49ers-news-calls-rookie-javon-kinlaw-biggest-humans/

So positive to read Kinlaw is working hard but more importantly, doesn't seem like a rookie?! While i don't take this as he already knows everything like a vet, just saying its positive to know he's not lost.