• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, at this time last year we were already into the draft talk.......for 8 weeks long. :-)

We have a 1st, two 5th's, one 6th, and two 7th's. Unless we get real lucky ala "Kittle", odds say we add one starter and the rest are depth.

Have no idea on comp picks?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, at this time last year we were already into the draft talk.......for 8 weeks long. :-)

We have a 1st, two 5th's, one 6th, and two 7th's. Unless we get real lucky ala "Kittle", odds say we add one starter and the rest are depth.

Depending on value this could be a good trade back draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Depending on value this could be a good trade back draft.

IF it is then i'm fine with a trade back, but the depth in this class needs to match where we're looking? At this point i'd guess we'll be looking at C/OG or Safety?

Our first pick really needs to go BPA, but the second pick would be looking at C/OG or Safety IMO. These are the two spots we couldn't address in the last draft. Granted FS depends on if Ward re-signs or not?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling it would be safety first but who knows.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a feeling it would be safety first but who knows.

If Ward leaves, then for sure FS would be a Need. But Ward likely won't "break the bank" due to his injured history, he has a decent chance to re-sign IMO.

Believe this is Richburg's second visit to the IR in two season's? Not to mention Person is injured and on the wrong side of 30. Drafting a C/OG would be a good second pick, if we traded down. IF we're going O-line, i would ordinarily say LT, but since we're talking late 3rd or mid 4th, an LT doesn't have as much value.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle went into last years draft with 4 picks and came away with something like 10 or 11, so anything is possible on the trade front. Safety, interior O-line, LB and another pass rusher, in no particular order.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seattle went into last years draft with 4 picks and came away with something like 10 or 11, so anything is possible on the trade front. Safety, interior O-line, LB and another pass rusher, in no particular order.

While its true anything can happen, for me i wouldn't trade down more than once. We already have two 5th's, one 6th, and two 7th's. The odds are low you end up with quality starters this late, so why add more? Yes, there are surprises such as Kittle but thats the exception, not the rule. The odds don't favor starters that late in the draft.

We can possibly add to our depth for sure, but that's already five picks for this purpose.

Anything can happen includes trading into 2021. Not necessarily our 1st rounder, but after that's traded down.

BTW - Not thinking trade down but at this point i can see its a viable option. As it stands now, prefer using that 1st rounder to add a quality player.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While its true anything can happen, for me i wouldn't trade down more than once. We already have two 5th's, one 6th, and two 7th's. The odds are low you end up with quality starters this late, so why add more? Yes, there are surprises such as Kittle but thats the exception, not the rule. The odds don't favor starters that late in the draft.

We can possibly add to our depth for sure, but that's already five picks for this purpose.

Anything can happen includes trading into 2021. Not necessarily our 1st rounder, but after that's traded down.

BTW - Not thinking trade down but at this point i can see its a viable option. As it stands now, prefer using that 1st rounder to add a quality player.

A lot will depend on the strengths and weaknesses of the draftees. I think getting a bunch of 2nd and 3rd rounders ain't a bad idea if they've got guys in mind, but it's soooo long from now....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot will depend on the strengths and weaknesses of the draftees. I think getting a bunch of 2nd and 3rd rounders ain't a bad idea if they've got guys in mind, but it's soooo long from now....

Yes, a long way to go no doubt.

We'll have a late 1st rounder so can't see it turning into a "bunch" of 2nd and 3rd rounders? We MIGHT get one late 2nd plus one late 3rd?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they can get that guy Edwards-Helaire from LSU that would be ideal. They are going to need replacements for Mostert and Brieda and he fits the bill.. Perhaps get a top flight receiver in free agency and they're set.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, a long way to go no doubt.

We'll have a late 1st rounder so can't see it turning into a "bunch" of 2nd and 3rd rounders? We MIGHT get one late 2nd plus one late 3rd?
They don't need a lot though. They are a #1 receiver and a versatile running back from being a dominant team if healthy.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ward leaves, then for sure FS would be a Need. But Ward likely won't "break the bank" due to his injured history, he has a decent chance to re-sign IMO.

Believe this is Richburg's second visit to the IR in two season's? Not to mention Person is injured and on the wrong side of 30. Drafting a C/OG would be a good second pick, if we traded down. IF we're going O-line, i would ordinarily say LT, but since we're talking late 3rd or mid 4th, an LT doesn't have as much value.
Its to easy to find quality O Linemen at the end of the draft or in free agency ala Brunskill, Skule and Person to waste a top pick there..

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its to easy to find quality O Linemen at the end of the draft or in free agency ala Brunskill, Skule and Person to waste a top pick there..

Brunskill and Skule did ok filling in, but i don't consider them long term starters. Interior offensive linemen aren't 'glamorous" picks, but a neccessity for JG. It could easily fall apart if he gets hurt again. A GOOD healthy Center is also big for the running game, not to mention Aaron Donald.

Not pining for a Center with our first pick, but would be more than fine if we did. Last year that was a big issue, but we just couldn't address everything.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They don't need a lot though. They are a #1 receiver and a versatile running back from being a dominant team if healthy.

No doubt we could use more skill at the WR spot, but we could also use more skill on D and O-line.

With the way Dee Ford is going part-time, i would even draft a pass rusher if value is there? You never know when Nick Bosa might go down with injury too? The pass rush is what helps the LB's and secondary, it has to keep up going forward.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can get that guy Edwards-Helaire from LSU that would be ideal. They are going to need replacements for Mostert and Brieda and he fits the bill.. Perhaps get a top flight receiver in free agency and they're set.

I don't know the contract status of either guy but trading one or both in the offseason could be a good way of gaining some draft capital.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the contract status of either guy but trading one or both in the offseason could be a good way of gaining some draft capital.
Mostert and Breida are both free agents and will be getting good offers based on this year; especially Mostert.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too but I would rather keep Buckner, Kittle, Sanders, Armstead and Ward.
I don't see how they can keep Armstead. The rate for franchising him is 18 million for one season. No way is he worth close to that.