• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how they can keep Armstead. The rate for franchising him is 18 million for one season. No way is he worth close to that.

I don't consider franchise tagging resigning that's just delaying free agency. Now it they have to franchise him to them try and trade him and get something more than essentially a 4th round pick all the better.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see how they can keep Armstead. The rate for franchising him is 18 million for one season. No way is he worth close to that.

Right now he's worth that.

But ok, they'll have to judge his worth going forward. I want him too but don't think he'll fit after the others.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider franchise tagging resigning that's just delaying free agency. Now it they have to franchise him to them try and trade him and get something more than essentially a 4th round pick all the better.
I would not pay him 18 mil under any circumstances. he is a slightly above average lineman who played well this season because Ford, Bosa and Buckner were taking the attention off of him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now he's worth that.

But ok, they'll have to judge his worth going forward. I want him too but don't think he'll fit after the others.
What? LOL! He's worth more than Bosa and Buckner combined? You've lost it.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the Niners trade down from 32 and draft Wisconsin C/OG Tyler Biadasz
Then I'd use the extra pick from the trade to draft Michigan OG Ben Bredeson

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd like to see the Niners trade down from 32 and draft Wisconsin C/OG Tyler Biadasz
Then I'd use the extra pick from the trade to draft Michigan OG Ben Bredeson

This Tyler Biadasz is mocked in Round 1, so odds are we can't get him if we trade down.

In the big picture i like going defense with round 1 picks, but next draft i'm fine with a player like Biadasz.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Tyler Biadasz is mocked in Round 1, so odds are we can't get him if we trade down.

In the big picture i like going defense with round 1 picks, but next draft i'm fine with a player like Biadasz.
Yes I know but, I've noticed he's trending down into the top 3rd of the 2nd round in many mock drafts

I'd be happy taking him there and trading up into the late 3rd early 4th for Bredeson

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Armstead is a free agent after the season, so can't trade him. He'll leave but we should get draft compensation in 2021.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You
Armstead is a free agent after the season, so can't trade him. He'll leave but we should get draft compensation in 2021.

If you franchise tag him like I said you are signing him to a one year deal and then could trade them I believe. Now because it would be only a guaranteed one year deal you probably wouldnt get as much as a player signed to a longer deal but it's probably better than a third round comp pick.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You

If you franchise tag him like I said you are signing him to a one year deal and then could trade them I believe. Now because it would be only a guaranteed one year deal you probably wouldnt get as much as a player signed to a longer deal but it's probably better than a third round comp pick.

Ok.

This is committing to Armstead whether he gets traded or not. If the new team doesn't negotiate a long term deal, we have to keep Armstead and his franchise cap hit. By keeping Armstead, it may or may not affect our ability to extend both Buckner and Kittle? I'd think we could extend one of these guys, but what about both? Doubt both because this means adding two players as the highest paid players in their positions.

Granted this is what KC did with Dee Ford, but a top pass rusher is always in demand. Even then, KC only got a 2nd rounder from the 49er's. I would think Armstead would get a 4th rounder, granted in 2020.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

This is committing to Armstead whether he gets traded or not. If the new team doesn't negotiate a long term deal, we have to keep Armstead and his franchise cap hit. By keeping Armstead, it may or may not affect our ability to extend both Buckner and Kittle? I'd think we could extend one of these guys, but what about both? Doubt both because this means adding two players as the highest paid players in their positions.

Granted this is what KC did with Dee Ford, but a top pass rusher is always in demand. Even then, KC only got a 2nd rounder from the 49er's. I would think Armstead would get a 4th rounder, granted in 2020.

Yes and they say a pick in an earlier round is worth a round later in the current draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes and they say a pick in an earlier round is worth a round later in the current draft.

Ok so if we tag Armstead and manage to get a 4th rounder (2020), then we're even against the 3rd rounder (2021).

But again, this assumes we find a trade partner able to sign Armstead long term and give up a 4th rounder? A DT who had one solid year playing along side 3 studs, doesn't command the same interest as a double digit pass rusher. For me i wouldn't take the chance tagging him just to break even on draft capital.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tag Armstead
Offer up Buckner to the Colts for Nelson

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tag Armstead

Why not just resign Armstead? I would rather tag Armstead and trade him and draft picks for Nelson.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why not just resign Armstead? I would rather tag Armstead and trade him and draft picks for Nelson.

Tagging Armstead is a dangerous game cause this assumes someone else wants him badly? I'm sure other teams want him but might not be at the level WE think he's worth? I for one think he's valuable, but i'm very biased.

It is also dangerous because don't think you can do this PLUS extend Kittle and Buckner? If you're ok deferring Kittle another year, then ok tagging Armstead. For me, i'd rather bite the bullet now and extend Kittle, maybe fit Buckner too? Kittle will certainly be the highest paid TE in the NFL. Buckner will command a Pro Bowl level contract, ie one of the highest for DT's.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tag Armstead

Nelson is a top OG, but i wouldn't trade Buckner for him. You can find an OG more easily than a top 3-Tech.

I certainly wouldn't tag Armstead thinking i could trade him to the Colts for Nelson. The Colts spent a 6th OVERALL on Nelson, they won't be able to justify it.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Colts would bite, I'd expect it would have to be a one for one trade.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson is a top OG, but i wouldn't trade Buckner for him. You can find an OG more easily than a top 3-Tech.

I certainly wouldn't tag Armstead thinking i could trade him to the Colts for Nelson. The Colts spent a 6th OVERALL on Nelson, they won't be able to justify it.
Except we have another already
I know, a DT is much more the sexier a position than a OG

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Colts would bite, I'd expect it would have to be a one for one trade.

I'm guessing the Colts would want more than just Armstead for Nelson.