• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft Talk

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'd have to say Cleveland was the big winner of round 1, got the players many said they needed AND picked up a future 1 and 4

So sad for Houston, that they need a QB and the best one on the board is another Carr

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'd have to say Cleveland was the big winner of round 1, got the players many said they needed AND picked up a future 1 and 4

So sad for Houston, that they need a QB and the best one on the board is another Carr

I disagree. I'd say the Rams were the runaway winners in round 1. They got arguably the best lineman on each side of the ball. Robinson from Auburn was the consensus best offensive lineman in the draft and will anchor their line, and Aaron Donald is just an absolute wrecking ball force at DT. He was a steal at 13 and makes their already great d-line the best in the NFL now.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Robinson is the best lineman in this draft but I do like Donald. I like Buffalo moving up for Watkins and I think the Vikes did well with Barr and Teddy...

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I'd say the Rams were the runaway winners in round 1. They got arguably the best lineman on each side of the ball. Robinson from Auburn was the consensus best offensive lineman in the draft and will anchor their line, and Aaron Donald is just an absolute wrecking ball force at DT. He was a steal at 13 and makes their already great d-line the best in the NFL now.

I don't like Robinson much, I didn't think he was better than Matthews

Aaron Donald was a steal but not as much of a steal as Manziel at 22, plus for trading back and still getting Gilbert, they picked up a 1st and 4th next year

I can see a case for the Rams, but it certainly isn't a runaway and this is mostly based on my

Might seem like Aggie bias but its not, though as a Tampa fan I also loved the pickup of Evans as well

Rams got 2 top 10 talents in the top 13 picks, Cleveland got 2 top 10 talents in the top 22 picks, while also picking up extra picks next year

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Robinson much, I didn't think he was better than Matthews

Aaron Donald was a steal but not as much of a steal as Manziel at 22, plus for trading back and still getting Gilbert, they picked up a 1st and 4th next year

I can see a case for the Rams, but it certainly isn't a runaway and this is mostly based on my

Might seem like Aggie bias but its not, though as a Tampa fan I also loved the pickup of Evans as well

Rams got 2 top 10 talents in the top 13 picks, Cleveland got 2 top 10 talents in the top 22 picks, while also picking up extra picks next year

Manziel is far from a sure thing though. There are plenty of evaluators out there who question his abilities within the pocket. If he tries to scramble like he did in college, he will get murdered. I know you're incredibly high on him because you're an A&M fan, but he's still very raw. He could wind up being a steal for sure because the upside is there. I also question labeling Justin Gilbert as a Top 10 talent. Scouts, Inc had him as the 3rd best CB and 20th best player in the draft.

The Rams got 2 guys who are definitely pro-ready and will start from day 1. That's why I'd rank their draft #1.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Robinson is the best lineman in this draft but I do like Donald. I like Buffalo moving up for Watkins and I think the Vikes did well with Barr and Teddy...

Just about every talent evaluator out there had Robinson as the #1 lineman in the draft. I guess a case could be made for Matthews.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel is far from a sure thing though. There are plenty of evaluators out there who question his abilities within the pocket. If he tries to scramble like he did in college, he will get murdered. I know you're incredibly high on him because you're an A&M fan, but he's still very raw. He could wind up being a steal for sure because the upside is there. I also question labeling Justin Gilbert as a Top 10 talent. Scouts, Inc had him as the 3rd best CB and 20th best player in the draft.

The Rams got 2 guys who are definitely pro-ready and will start from day 1. That's why I'd rank their draft #1.

I think its splitting hairs at this point, but I do agree that Donald is a beast and might be the best player of all 4 discussed, but Robinson has bust written all over him to me

To be fair the Browns' guys will probably end up starting if not Game 1, then soon, due to the internal options being that bad

Hoyer is coming back from a serious knee injury and Vince Young is Vince Young

And looking at the Browns depth chart is a bunch of no names at the corner opposite Haden

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the question form the other board JTA..yes Larry Allen definitely counts. I think when all is said and done Tyron will be in that conversation with Larry. I believe it was Terps that asked if Martin was the nest lineman we've drafted in the last 20 years. My point really was that he's not even the best we've drafted in the last 4 years. He is good though. Adding him w/ Frederick, Tyron, Free, and possibly Leary is a damn good line. I'm sure Murray is excited.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW JTA. I bet you were just as excited as I was about the possibility of the Cowboys drafting Johnny. I think this will haunt us.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel is a farce.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Manziel is a sure thing, and if I was to rate him, I'd have him as the #4 or 5 qb in the entire draft. Undersized, doesn't stay in the pocket long enough, constantly throws off his back leg and throws prayer passes in the air that mike evans was talented (and tall) enough to jump up and save him with.

He's a competitor, and he likes to win. But the fact that when he got drafted and did the "get money" sign on stage epitomizes why the vast majority of people hate him. Show some humility, or defenses will show you the hard way.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know being the best player in the entire SEC and all...smh

Stats wise. Skill wise, no. If he was the best player in the sec, i'm positive he wouldnt have been the 8th or 9th sec player taken. When you have one of the first few picks, you don't pick needs, you pick the best player. And I think Clowney was the best player, and he's the best player in the SEC. Did his stats show it? No... but I have a hard time understanding any argument that he still isn't the better player. That's like saying that Greinke (sorry, its my obsession) was a horrible player the first 4 years of his career. Everyone knew he was a stud and he had the talent, but the stats didn't show. He needed to develop and learn the work ethic (as well as get it mentally sorted out) how to succeed at a pro level.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope all QB's that dominate the SEC are automatic...just ask Florida

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats wise. Skill wise, no. If he was the best player in the sec, i'm positive he wouldnt have been the 8th or 9th sec player taken. When you have one of the first few picks, you don't pick needs, you pick the best player. And I think Clowney was the best player, and he's the best player in the SEC. Did his stats show it? No... but I have a hard time understanding any argument that he still isn't the better player. That's like saying that Greinke (sorry, its my obsession) was a horrible player the first 4 years of his career. Everyone knew he was a stud and he had the talent, but the stats didn't show. He needed to develop and learn the work ethic (as well as get it mentally sorted out) how to succeed at a pro level.

Oh I agree...I was being more sarcastic toward the comment about him being a farse...you are totally right here.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope all QB's that dominate the SEC are automatic...just ask Florida

What's your point? No QB's in any conference are automatic. Just ask UT and the Titans. A lot of people knew that was a mistake.

I think Johnny will have the Browns in the playoff within a few years. That team was already talented.