• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft Talk

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed in the cowboys pick...... I wanted them to draft Clinton-Dix. They had that fucking scrub Jeff Heath playing free safety last year. The free safety position has sucked since Darren Woodson retired. 15 years of bad free safeties is no bueno.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they wanted to take the best possible player, which was probably that Martin guy. They have SO many picks coming up (like 11 more?) that they can take many risks and chances in drafting defensinve players. They are bound to pick up at least 2 starters throughout the rest of the round. I mean 11 whole picks. A lot of defensive guys fell as well. There is a lot of talent on the board going into today, and there weren't any real STANDOUT db's in college football this year anyway in my opinion. A lot of the talent is close, so we could afford to get, lets say the 10th ranked DB instead of the 5th.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if washington wants to participate in this draft this year

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed in the cowboys pick...... I wanted them to draft Clinton-Dix. They had that fucking scrub Jeff Heath playing free safety last year. The free safety position has sucked since Darren Woodson retired. 15 years of bad free safeties is no bueno.

Secondary players are much bigger risks in the first round than highly-rated tackles. There have been quite a few first round safety and corner busts recently. I agree that safety is definitely a need, but Clinton-Dix isn't rated as a phenomenal talent, just a really solid player. Both Kirkpatrick and Millner from the Alabama secondary have disappointed in the NFL so far. A lot of evaluators had Pryor rated higher than HHCD too. I think Martin was definitely the safest pick and he fills another weak spot. Hopefully there will be some secondary help in the next few rounds for Dallas.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondary players are much bigger risks in the first round than highly-rated tackles. There have been quite a few first round safety and corner busts recently. I agree that safety is definitely a need, but Clinton-Dix isn't rated as a phenomenal talent, just a really solid player. Both Kirkpatrick and Millner from the Alabama secondary have disappointed in the NFL so far. A lot of evaluators had Pryor rated higher than HHCD too. I think Martin was definitely the safest pick and he fills another weak spot. Hopefully there will be some secondary help in the next few rounds for Dallas.

Pretty sure Oklahoma made Dix look pretty foolish once Alabama faced a team that could pass the ball.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I was not very high on him.

Thought if they went defense it should've been Mosley, but he didn't fill a need, as he plays pretty much the same position as Lee, though he could've probably played outside but not a natural fit

Martin was a good pick and hopefully (for the Cowboys) its the finishing touch on a really good O-line

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought if they went defense it should've been Mosley, but he didn't fill a need, as he plays pretty much the same position as Lee, though he could've probably played outside but not a natural fit

Martin was a good pick and hopefully (for the Cowboys) its the finishing touch on a really good O-line

Agree. I'm actually glad that they went with an offensive player. The defensive side of the ball is obviously where they need the most help, but it's not smart to pass on a safer and probably better overall player just to try and fill a defensive spot. That's why so many great players fall in the draft, because teams make the mistake of thinking they absolutely have to pick a certain position. I like the strategy of picking the safest/highest-rated talent as long as it's not from a position where you already have significant depth and talent. I feel the same way about the Martin pick as I did when they drafted Tyron Smith... just a very solid pick who will certainly help their line.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as bad of shape as the cowboys are in they need to step back and start building for two to three years from now. Not next season. That involves taking the best players available regardless of the side of the ball they're on.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be the last to find out but happy to see we got a new Demarcus. He even plays the same position. .. should be easy to remember.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are these idiots going to do about Free Safety? they had the 30th ranked passing defense, these guys need a ball hawk.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch many Boise St. games. Actually, I don't ever watch Boise St games. It might be dumb but I hate that blue field. I won't pretend to know much about Lawrence, but I have watched his combine and some of his tape. He has really quick feet and kind of has the same build as Ware. He just needs to get a little bigger which shouldn't be a problem. They paid a big price to get him so I hope Will McClay knows as much as everyone keeps saying he does.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch many Boise St. games. Actually, I don't ever watch Boise St games. It might be dumb but I hate that blue field. I won't pretend to know much about Lawrence, but I have watched his combine and some of his tape. He has really quick feet and kind of has the same build as Ware. He just needs to get a little bigger which shouldn't be a problem. They paid a big price to get him so I hope Will McClay knows as much as everyone keeps saying he does.

Refuse to watch any game on that abomination of a field.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are these idiots going to do about Free Safety? they had the 30th ranked passing defense, these guys need a ball hawk.

Supposedly they still have faith in Wilcox. I'm sure they will draft one down the line. If we put more pressure on QBs it won't leave the secondary out to dry like last year. Injuries killed the D last year. Some people forget we were without Ware, Spencer, Ratliff, Crawford, and Brent last year. I guarantee they wouldn't be ranked 30th in the league if they were relatively healthy on the line. You have to have pressure in this defensive scheme.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that program, but I am not surprised you hate them probably a little more.

Meh, that Oklahoma team deserved to be beat that game. Even if it was a bunch of school yard bull shit that beat them. They've sunk back to irrelevance for the foreseeable future like I figured they would.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys signed Ben Malena from A&M. Maybe next year they'll draft Trey Williams. He's a first round talent even though RBs aren't highly regarded anymore.

I have no doubt he's better than Randle.