• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, what do you think of Barkley at this point?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've already all but decided that in an underwhelming NFL draft class such as this (outside of the top 2) I want the Niners to either (1) trade into the top (2) trade the first round pick for a player or (3) trade down to the late 20's or 30's. I know it's way too early to take this position, but I don't expect to change my mind.

I say if the Niners can get Luck do it. If they have the 2nd pick take Matt Kalil. After that I think the best bang for yer buck is trading down. This was my stance in 2006 as well. I wanted the Niners to either trade up for D'Brick or trade down.

Speaking of D'Brick I wouldn't be opposed to trading for him if he's franchised. Then the Niners could either trade Staley or just cut him. Who knows? The Jets don't have much cap space...

It is an under whelming draft class outside of Luck, Kalil, Blackmon, and L. Jones, but if we aren't able to get any of those guys then i am hoping we can trade back to the second round and go after Ryan Broyles or one of the many CB's who i believe could be there in round 2. Dre Kirkpatrick, Cliff Harris, Jayron Hosley, or Claiborne could be available as a late first/early second round picks. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting 2 CB's with our first 2 picks either (assuming Luck, L. Jones, and Barkley are all out of reach).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Clyde, you never said what you think of Barkley...

I know Clemson is fighting to be the new bust U, but Brandon Thompson is lookin' pretty good. He's super fast off the snap & is consistently pushing back the OL. I've been a pretty big fan of his.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde, you never said what you think of Barkley...

I know Clemson is fighting to be the new bust U, but Brandon Thompson is lookin' pretty good. He's super fast off the snap & penetrates on nearly every play. I've been a pretty big fan of his.

Let's just say that the only QB I like in the first round this year is Luck, but there's a lot of time left and some things can change, but I'm not nearly as high on Landry Jones and Matt Barkley as a lot of people are.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Keshawn Martin being taken off the list. Not as laterally quick as I thought.

Kirk Cousins now looking more like a 5th round prospect.

Forgot to add Adonis Thomas RB Toledo to the updated list. Currently out with a fractured arm.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keshawn Martin being taken off the list. Not as laterally quick as I thought.

Kirk Cousins now looking more like a 5th round prospect.
Forgot to add Adonis Thomas RB Toledo to the updated list. Currently out with a fractured arm.

Like he's always been.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like he's always been.

The guy is smart, accurate, and has a decent enough arm, it just seems like he's on autopilot on occasion. Not entirely focused on the game.
---
+ Jamal Tuner WR Nebraska (frosh)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck can play WR if he flops at QB. ;) What a fucking catch!

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Barkley reminds me of Nick Foles - some weeks he looks as if All Pro is right around the corner and other weeks he's just meh. Of course, Barkley has a higher ceiling than Foles but he hasn't quite gotten there just yet.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yosh, what's going on my dude. Russell Wilson is seriously making some noise out there as a legitimate prospect. I'm finally giving him his props. The dude is a better version of Christian Ponder as a prospect. Wilson has a Kurt Warner type release (not in terms of delivery/ mechanics, but oh how fast the ball jumps out of his hands) - especially in the accuracy department. The dude may not be a star in the league, but he sure will be a long time starter for yrs to come (he could be the next Romo. In this day in age I'm not sure if that's a compliment). I can tell you that...he's very good!

The one player that gets me aroused (no h0m0) in college football is Sammy Watkins. I was a little intrigued with Stephen Hill, but he has a lot of things to work on. Let's cut Whitner and draft Tyrann Mathieu, but if his boy Claiborne is a much better propect to have on our team IMO.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo get off my hype. I've been on Watkins for a month now. ;)

Miami DT Marcus Forston is done for the season, BTW.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemichael James just had a gruesome looking arm injury. It was so bad they blurred out the replay on my ESPN. From what I can tell his elbow bent the wrong way. Most likely out of the season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is lookin' like the right draft class for you if you want an interior OL. Lots of great prospects.

Cordy Glenn: might even be able to play RT; maybe even LT but probably not. He's playing LT now for the bulldogs & doing a fine job of it.

David Decastro: Just about everything you want in a guard.

Michael Brewster: Maybe not as dominant a prospect as Maurkise Pouncey, but he's a good one.

...And there are others who could be great prospects too. Both OGs for Alabama, Kevin Zeitler looks pretty good. DJ Fluker is probably a RT, but he could easily play G.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemichael James just had a gruesome looking arm injury. It was so bad they blurred out the replay on my ESPN. From what I can tell his elbow bent the wrong way. Most likely out of the season.

For what it's worth...

California Golden Bears vs. Oregon Ducks - Recap - October 06, 2011 - ESPN

"It's not a season-ending injury and I'll be fine," he said. "I'm tough. I'm a warrior and I'm never going to quit on my team."

James said that X-rays showed the arm was not broken. But he would not speculate on whether he'll play next Saturday against No. 22 Arizona State.

"We're gonna wait and see," he said. "We have the best trainers in the country and I'm sure they are going to get on it ASAP and I'll be there four times a day so I can get on that field."

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yosh, what's going on my dude. Russell Wilson is seriously making some noise out there as a legitimate prospect. I'm finally giving him his props. The dude is a better version of Christian Ponder as a prospect. Wilson has a Kurt Warner type release (not in terms of delivery/ mechanics, but oh how fast the ball jumps out of his hands) - especially in the accuracy department. The dude may not be a star in the league, but he sure will be a long time starter for yrs to come (he could be the next Romo. In this day in age I'm not sure if that's a compliment). I can tell you that...he's very good!

The one player that gets me aroused (no h0m0) in college football is Sammy Watkins. I was a little intrigued with Stephen Hill, but he has a lot of things to work on. Let's cut Whitner and draft Tyrann Mathieu, but if his boy Claiborne is a much better propect to have on our team IMO.

We can't, he's a true sophmore. He has to wait until at least next season to come out.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Beyond Mathieu being a true soph, as explained in the post above, why would we cut our BEST SS to draft him? Wouldn't it make more sense to cut Williams or someone?

If Dallas drafted a WR, I doubt they would cut Dez Bryant or Miles Austin.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is lookin' like the right draft class for you if you want an interior OL. Lots of great prospects.

Cordy Glenn: might even be able to play RT; maybe even LT but probably not. He's playing LT now for the bulldogs & doing a fine job of it.

David Decastro: Just about everything you want in a guard.

Michael Brewster: Maybe not as dominant a prospect as Maurkise Pouncey, but he's a good one.

...And there are others who could be great prospects too. Both OGs for Alabama, Kevin Zeitler looks pretty good. DJ Fluker is probably a RT, but he could easily play G.

Fluker could conceivably play any guard position, but he's a better tackle long term if you're talking about NFL career projection. Man is a beast! :flame:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beyond Mathieu being a true soph, as explained in the post above, why would we cut our BEST SS to draft him? Wouldn't it make more sense to cut Williams or someone?

If Dallas drafted a WR, I doubt they would cut Dez Bryant or Miles Austin.

It's ironic that you brought up the "Cowboys" into this b/c they are the reason why we're not sitting undefeated right now. and honestly it's not even the cowboys, but Whitner's fault, which is why he's on my bad side right now and may stay there for a long time to come! I dont care if Madieu is a bum, Whitner tore my heart out...and I hate him for it. I don't really hate him, but I'm just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.