• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller is legit Sick, he's a fav of mine.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller vs Blackmon today. Can't wait!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill with terrible ball placement trying to hit Fuller and that is game. Blackmon looked good as usual except for ball security. Cost his team a TD when he lost the ball into the endzone all on his own.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a pick by Stephon Gilmore. He is having a bad game. He needed that.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I was looking at the NFL teams and trying to determine which team will be going for a QB. This is what I have so far.

Teams that could end up with bad records but don't need a QB.
Rams
Jags
Panthers
Vikings
Bengals
Titans

Teams that could draft a QB but may not for one reason or another but still could; example Arizona Cardinals just traded for Kevin Kolb so they may not want to draft another QB. They may opt for another WR to try to build around Kolb.

Cardinals; they have Kevin Kolb.
Broncos; it depends on how they feel about Tebow. I lean towards then drafting a QB.
Dolphins; Henne isn't bad but if they could get a franchise QB they probably should.
Colts; depending on what happens with Manning I could see them going after a top QB. They could draft a top QB now and not miss a beat when Manning retired.

This is the group of teams that I do not want to finish ahead of us because they will be going after a top QB. Hopefully they'll sneakout some W's and not end up in the top 5.

SeaChickens; they're playing Tavaris Jackson!
Redskins; even though they're 2-0 they need a top QB, GrossMan!.
Chiefs; Cassel isn't for real!

A month ago I would have added the Bills to this list but Fitzpatrick has proven that he is an NFL qb. Hopefully others will play their way into their team keeping them for the future. I'm really hoping Chad Henne can pull this off for the Dolphins. I'd even like to see Rex GrossMan have a really good year and get the deadskins to the playoffs just to keep them away from a top QB.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How do the Vikings not need a QB?

I know the answer is going to be Ponder, but I'm implying that they still need a QB despite the gargantuan reach for Ponder.

I would submit that the Cardinals are more likely to pass on a QB than the Vikings; Ponder is a poor man's Kolb anyway. And if the Bears' O-line keeps playing like the 2004 Niners' OL then they have a shot at a pretty high pick as well.

Man I'm gonna look stupid if Ponder becomes great...

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do the Vikings not need a QB?

I know the answer is going to be Ponder, but I'm implying that they still need a QB despite the gargantuan reach for Ponder.

I would submit that the Cardinals are more likely to pass on a QB than the Vikings; Ponder is a poor man's Kolb anyway. And if the Bears' O-line keeps playing like the 2004 Niners' OL then they have a shot at a pretty high pick as well.

Man I'm gonna look stupid if Ponder becomes great...

I agree with you but do you draft a QB in the top 15 two years in a row or do you do what it takes to build around your 1st round QB. They've gotta see what they've got in Ponder before they decide to go in a different direction. I think Ponder will end up playing the second half of the season so things could change. Then again, how many GM's are going to admit they made a mistake in drafting a QB in the draft just one year after drafting him.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt the Vikings would pass on Andrew Luck. If they don't have a top pick, then i would imagine they would stay away from the other QB's. They majorly reached for Ponder, so they must really like him.

I say it comes down to the Colts, Seahawks, Dolphins, Chiefs, Redskins (in that order).

I'm still not convinced Cassel is such a bad QB. I don't think people realize how good he was last year. His pocket presence, quick decision making, accuracy, and his ability to limit mistakes last year was incredible. I have a feeling he's playing more hurt than people realize and the loss of Charley Weis was obviously a big blow to his development. They should have brought in McDaniels.

After all is said and done i think it's between the Colts and Seahawks unless somebody trades up. I also have a feeling Landry Jones is going to be a Dolphin next year.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I seriously doubt the Vikings would pass on Andrew Luck. If they don't have a top pick, then i would imagine they would stay away from the other QB's. They majorly reached for Ponder, so they must really like him.

I say it comes down to the Colts, Seahawks, Dolphins, Chiefs, Redskins (in that order).

I'm still not convinced Cassel is such a bad QB. I don't think people realize how good he was last year. His pocket presence, quick decision making, accuracy, and his ability to limit mistakes last year was incredible. I have a feeling he's playing more hurt than people realize and the loss of Charley Weis was obviously a big blow to his development. They should have brought in McDaniels.

After all is said and done i think it's between the Colts and Seahawks unless somebody trades up. I also have a feeling Landry Jones is going to be a Dolphin next year.

It should be a weird draft. It would be almost impossible for Minnesota to pass up on Luck, but there is no way they can have two first round qb's back to back on their roster. I think we are going to see some good trades in next years draft, or at least I'm hoping. Maybe a Hershal Walker type trade to get luck or when the Saints traded away everything for Ricky Williams.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody else watched Isaiah Pead from Cincy? This kid could play. With Gore clearly on the downside of his career and Dixon not really what we need, Pead could be an interesting pick around the 3rd/4th to ultimately split time with Hunter. His over 6 yds a garry avg over the past two seasons and his almost 8 yds avg this season is impressive, indeed. His hands out of the backfield are also a weapon. This kid is the total package. If you get a chance to watch him, do so, he's the best overall rb in college.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgLgTrAXvUg&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody else watched Isaiah Pead from Cincy? This kid could play. With Gore clearly on the downside of his career and Dixon not really what we need, Pead could be an interesting pick around the 3rd/4th to ultimately split time with Hunter. His over 6 yds a garry avg over the past two seasons and his almost 8 yds avg this season is impressive, indeed. His hands out of the backfield are also a weapon. This kid is the total package. If you get a chance to watch him, do so, he's the best overall rb in college.

Isaiah Pead: The Wonderman - YouTube

I'm always of the mind that RB's can be found between rounds 3-6 (or even later in some cases). Out of all positions it is the easiest to find good talent at RB. He's a good 3rd or 4th round prospect, but i wouldn't give up any more than that. We just signed Gore to a new contract and Hunter has looked promising. While Gore hasn't looked very good this season, who knows how much that ankle had to do with it.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be a weird draft. It would be almost impossible for Minnesota to pass up on Luck, but there is no way they can have two first round qb's back to back on their roster. I think we are going to see some good trades in next years draft, or at least I'm hoping. Maybe a Hershal Walker type trade to get luck or when the Saints traded away everything for Ricky Williams.

I agree. They can't give up on their 1st round QB prospect after only 1 year. I think we're looking at more of a 2004 type draft if Jones, Barkley, and possibly RG3 all come out. While i don't expect anyone to pull an Eli, whoever wants to trade up to that 1st spot is going to have to give up a lot. The difference this year is that it will be worth it. The Andrew Luck sweepstakes makes the Reggie Bush sweepstakes look like dog shit.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always of the mind that RB's can be found between rounds 3-6 (or even later in some cases). Out of all positions it is the easiest to find good talent at RB. He's a good 3rd or 4th round prospect, but i wouldn't give up any more than that. We just signed Gore to a new contract and Hunter has looked promising. While Gore hasn't looked very good this season, who knows how much that ankle had to do with it.

That's the thing, Gore seems to be wearing down. To be truthful, i've been (pleasantly) surprised that he hasn't had any other major injuries due to the fact that he entered the league with both knees having been blown out. I understand the 3 year deal, I'm just not sure how many games we can expect him to play during those 3 seasons. I'm really not a fan of Dancin' Dixon, I think he should be replaced. Pead in the 4th would be a perfect spot to draft and groom him to split time with Hunter after Gore's contract.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, Gore seems to be wearing down. To be truthful, i've been (pleasantly) surprised that he hasn't had any other major injuries due to the fact that he entered the league with both knees having been blown out. I understand the 3 year deal, I'm just not sure how many games we can expect him to play during those 3 seasons. I'm really not a fan of Dancin' Dixon, I think he should be replaced. Pead in the 4th would be a perfect spot to draft and groom him to split time with Hunter after Gore's contract.

I'm not a huge fan of Dixon either, but the fact that Hunter got in the game to replace Gore is a good indication that they value Hunter more right now. We need a bigger guy to compliment Hunter and It's also fairly easy to find RB FA's. The Eagles got Ronnie Brown for quite cheap.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of Dixon either, but the fact that Hunter got in the game to replace Gore is a good indication that they value Hunter more right now. We need a bigger guy to compliment Hunter and It's also fairly easy to find RB FA's. The Eagles got Ronnie Brown for quite cheap.

You've got to understand where I'm coming from here, Pead will be a star. Gore is a bigger back that can get those tough yards. Hunter has shown that he can get those tough yards also. I like that backfield that we ran with Sop at fb, with Gore behind him for the short yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.