• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's ironic that you brought up the "Cowboys" into this b/c they are the reason why we're not sitting undefeated right now. and honestly it's not even the cowboys, but Whitner's fault, which is why he's on my bad side right now and may stay there for a long time to come! I dont care if Madieu is a bum, Whitner tore my heart out...and I hate him for it. I don't really hate him, but I'm just saying...

You blame Whitner, but Carlos Rogers said after the game Whitner was following the right assignment and he (Rogers) blew his assignment leading to the big play.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Datko was having a pretty disappointing year on the field as well. This might be a blessing in disguise for him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Datko was having a pretty disappointing year on the field as well.

Agreed. I thought he was one of the more overrated prospects this seaason.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jared Crick done for the year (and for his CFB career) with a torn pectoral.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To follow up on Greg Henderson (CB Colorado)

The three quarters that I watched this blowout, he had only two passes come his way; 1.) to Fleener in the back of the endzone, which would have been a difficult catch to make and stay in bounds 2.) The other on a goaline fade to 6'8 Levine Toilolo. He played it about as perfectly as you could on a guy who skies 9 inches overhead. No completion given up by Henderson on either play.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you guys feeling about Morris Claiborne? He seems to be climbing up draft boards and for good reason. He's no Patrick Peterson, but he seems to be the top CB eligible for the draft next year. He had a very nice pick in the redzone today that he nearly ran all the way back.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How are you guys feeling about Morris Claiborne?

I'm not as big a fan of him as most. He doesn't look like he has the agility to keep up with #1 NFL receivers. and he's being touted as a top 15-20 pick.

I think Kirkpatrick has a much higher ceiling & might be better right now as well. And Jenkins is a better overall CB (on the field).

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not as big a fan of him as most. He doesn't look like he has the agility to keep up with #1 NFL receivers. and he's being touted as a top 15-20 pick.

I think Kirkpatrick has a much higher ceiling & might be better right now as well. And Jenkins is a better overall CB (on the field).

I can see what you mean about his agility. That would be my biggest concern with him as well, all though i think he has the ability to get better in that area. He's a bigger more physical corner who could end up excelling in press coverage.

I like Kirkpatrick. I see him as a mid to late first round pick, but he's playing some solid football right now. The thing about those Alabama DB's that i worry about is how sound their Defense is all around and i think that probably contributes to them getting over valued at times. With that being said, Kirkpatrick is probably my favorite Bama CB to come out in recent years.

This years draft reminds me a lot of the '08 draft where there are a lot of CB's who could be taken in the first round. I'm sure some of them will be busts, but with Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, Hosley, Gilmore, Dennard, Jenkins, Judie, ect. there are a lot of guys who teams will probably gamble on.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see what you mean about his agility. That would be my biggest concern with him as well, all though i think he has the ability to get better in that area. He's a bigger more physical corner who could end up excelling in press coverage.

I like Kirkpatrick. I see him as a mid to late first round pick, but he's playing some solid football right now. The thing about those Alabama DB's that i worry about is how sound their Defense is all around and i think that probably contributes to them getting over valued at times. With that being said, Kirkpatrick is probably my favorite Bama CB to come out in recent years.

This years draft reminds me a lot of the '08 draft where there are a lot of CB's who could be taken in the first round. I'm sure some of them will be busts, but with Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, Hosley, Gilmore, Dennard, Jenkins, Judie, ect. there are a lot of guys who teams will probably gamble on.

Cliff Harris is the one I want us to gamble on. He's the one that has played the most man coverage, and has played it well. His suspension has really hurt his stock and I think he'll be there in the 2nd round. We might have to trade up for him in the 2nd or maybe even trade back out of the first for an extra early 2nd, but we need to make the move for him.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His attitude is what concerns me. He's a risk in that way, but i wouldn't be upset if we drafted him. I think the second round would be a good spot for us to go CB or WR.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any way we can draft Sammy Watkins two years before he's eligible?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cliff Harris is the one I want us to gamble on. He's the one that has played the most man coverage, and has played it well. His suspension has really hurt his stock and I think he'll be there in the 2nd round. We might have to trade up for him in the 2nd or maybe even trade back out of the first for an extra early 2nd, but we need to make the move for him.

Harris can also return punts. This guy has the tools you need to be playing in man 2 man coverage.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with Kirkpatrick is that he's still prone to giving up big plays. I still don't think he is that great in jamming receivers on the line but his play has definitely improved from last year. He also is a heavy hitter and it showed in the Arkansas game. He's potentially one of the top 2 corners in next year's draft should he declare - he just needs to work on what I stated.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm officially lifting the pass rusher ban I imposed on myself after rating Aaron Maybin as the best defensive player in the 09' draft. He has actually become a decent situational pass rusher with the Jets. Already 3 forced fumbles this year and two sacks after playing in only three or four games.

With that I'd like to say that Gholston's brother on MSU, at 6'7 280 lbs, looks like the real deal.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Originally Published: October 19, 2011Big Board has new top cornerA class without an elite corner prospect thus far finally has a new name to watchEmailPrintComments10 By Mel Kiper
ESPN Insider
Archive Last season, LSU corner Patrick Peterson was a player who, for a time, could have been considered for the No. 1 overall pick. He landed at No. 4 and has a chance to be a special player as he continues to develop in Arizona. Thus far in 2011, the cornerback class doesn't lack for depth, but it has lacked a player I think could be a safe bet to land among the top 10 picks if the draft were held today. But Morris Claiborne might be in that conversation now as he continues a brilliant season for the Tigers. He isn't big, but he's a better pure cover corner than Peterson was at this time last year. Claiborne ends up the biggest riser on this week's board.

Elsewhere, Robert Griffin III landed on the Big Board for the first time last week, and while the Baylor defense didn't hold up against Texas A&M, Griffin responded pretty well, with 430 yards and three TD passes. Read on and let me know who you think should be higher. As always, juniors and draft-eligible sophomores are noted with an asterisk.

1Andrew Luck *AGE: 21DOB: 9/12/89HT: 6-4WT: 235POS: QBComp 129Att 181Pct 71.3Yds 1,719TD 18Int 3A great year so far, but Luck really could use some competition. Washington might offer the first real challenge. He's the total package. Arm strength, size, smarts, demeanor. A safe bet to be No. 1 overall.

LAST WEEK: 1 | PLAYER CARD

2Quinton CoplesAGE: 21DOB: 6/22/90HT: 6-6WT: 285POS: DETkl 28Sack 3.5Int 0The numbers aren't remarkable, but Coples draws plenty of blocking attention, and the team has done well. He's a gifted pass-rusher suited to be a pure 4-3 defensive end at the next level.

LAST WEEK: 2 | PLAYER CARD

3Matt Kalil *AGE: 22DOB: 7/6/89HT: 6-7WT: 295POS: OTGP 6GS 6Kalil has the size, athleticism, footwork and bloodlines. He projects as a blindside tackle. The USC offensive line is a very inexperienced group this season, but Kalil still plays well. No drop-off at all this year.

LAST WEEK: 3 | PLAYER CARD

4Landry Jones *AGE: 22DOB: 4/22/89HT: 6-4WT: 229POS: QBComp 171Att 253Pct 67.6Yds 2,177TD 16Int 6Jones has been a big numbers producer, and I like the way he's battled in some tough games so far in 2011. He has some INTs, but you really need to watch the tape. Good size, a strong arm and fantastic accuracy.

LAST WEEK: 4 | PLAYER CARD

5Justin Blackmon *AGE: 21DOB: 1/9/90HT: 6-1WT: 208POS: WRRec 53Yds 608Avg 11.5TD 7Dominating week after week. He is a better prospect than recent OSU star Dez Bryant. Versatile and explosive and really works to get open. Great ball skills; breaks tackles. Exceptional work ethic.

LAST WEEK: 5 | PLAYER CARD

6Trent Richardson *AGE: 20DOB: 7/10/91HT: 5-11WT: 224POS: RBCar 132Yds 912Avg 6.9TD 15Really rolling now after a slow start. Has a shot to be a rare top-10 pick at RB. Developing consistency and improving in reading blocks while using better pad level. Powerful between the tackles; bounces off hits with ease.

LAST WEEK: 7 | PLAYER CARD
7Jonathan Martin *AGE: 22DOB: 7/6/89HT: 6-6WT: 304POS: OTGP 6GS 6Martin has great footwork, gets good leverage and is a really athletic type on the left side. He could improve his power as a run-blocker but does pretty well given his athletic build; he's trusted in the passing game.

LAST WEEK: 6 | PLAYER CARD
8Morris Claiborne *AGE: 21DOB: 2/7/90HT: 6-1WT: 185POS: CBTkl 26Sack 0Int 3Big rise so far in 2011; now the top corner here. Exceptional pure cover corner with impeccable instincts at the position; solid ball skills for the position. He is not a total burner but should run well.

LAST WEEK: 12 | PLAYER CARD
9Riley Reiff *AGE: 22DOB: 12/1/88HT: 6-6WT: 300POS: OTGP 6GS 6Great year on a so-so team. Reiff probably has the best tape of any left tackle so far because he's so complete. Durable, he has played from day one at Iowa. Gets under the pads of defenders very effectively.

LAST WEEK: 8 | PLAYER CARD
10Alshon Jeffery *AGE: 21DOB: 2/14/90HT: 6-4WT: 233POS: WRRec 30Yds 451Avg 15.0TD 5Not being helped by the erratic quarterback situation, Jeffery still manages to shine. An imposing presence, he's a matchup nightmare. Phenomenal hands, surprising burst for a long strider, not quick, but doesn't get run down.

LAST WEEK: 9 | PLAYER CARD
11Luke Kuechly *AGE: 20DOB: 4/20/91HT: 6-3WT: 237POS: LBTkl 99Sack 0.0Int 1Currently the No. 1 interior linebacker. Kuechly has been good amid a disappointing season. Dependable, a tackling machine, he makes great reads, sees the play develop and sheds blockers well. Exceptional instincts.

LAST WEEK: 11 | PLAYER CARD
12Matt Barkley *AGE: 20DOB: 9/8/90HT: 6-2WT: 220POS: QBComp 152Att 223Pct 68.2Yds 1,782TD 16Int 4The Cal game was another inconsistent performance, with great throws and some misses. He has shown a great growth curve in his three years and throws well on the move. Good, not great, arm.

LAST WEEK: 10 | PLAYER CARD
13Manti Te'o *AGE: 20DOB: 1/26/91HT: 6-2WT: 255POS: LBTkl 54Sack 4.0Int 0Te'o has risen this season and is a challenge to Burfict and Kuechly for top linebacker. He's making a ton of tackles in the middle of the field but with range to the sideline, and he has added blitzing skills. Rugged player with ideal size.

LAST WEEK: 13 | PLAYER CARD
14Brandon ThompsonAGE: 21DOB: 10/19/89HT: 6-2WT: 310POS: DTTkl 27Sack 0.05Int 0Has been consistent as Clemson has gotten off to an exciting start. Scheme-versatile, Thompson might not get the sacks but will pile up tackles for loss. Balances plugging running lanes with decent skills as a penetrator.

LAST WEEK: 15 | PLAYER CARD
15Vontaze Burfict *AGE: 20DOB: 9/24/90HT: 6-3WT: 250POS: LBTkl 36Sack 4.0Int 1Great instincts, makes plays sideline to sideline and is far more disciplined than he gets credit for. Has a ton of experience since landing at ASU, where he's started since his first game as a freshman.

LAST WEEK: 14 | PLAYER CARD
16Cordy Glenn
HT: 6-5 WT: 348 POS: T /GGP 7GS 7
Really experienced player who has lined up everywhere for the Bulldogs. Glenn is massive and athletic enough for tackle, but I can see him being moved inside as a potentially dominant guard.

LAST WEEK: 17 | PLAYER CARD
17Ronnell Lewis *AGE: 22DOB: 1/1/89HT: 6-2WT: 244POS: LBTkl 37Sack 3.5Int 0Lewis is getting a lot of blocking attention, but he certainly could show more. A defensive end at Oklahoma, he'll take his elite athleticism to outside linebacker at the next level. Too quick for many tackles, he should pile up sacks in a 3-4 scheme.

LAST WEEK: 16 | PLAYER CARD 18
Courtney Upshaw
HT: 6-2 WT: 265 POS: LB
Tkl 20 Sack 3.5 Int 1
Showing improved pass-rush skills and should convert to 3-4 OLB at the next level. Great leverage player who uses hands well and battles well against the run. I continue to use the LaMarr Woodley comparison.

LAST WEEK: 18 | PLAYER CARD 19
Robert Griffin III
HT: 6-1 WT: 220 POS: QB
Comp 142 Att 182 Pct 78.0 Yds 1,9250 TD 22 Int 2
Super athletic and has altered and improved his delivery, resulting in better accuracy on downfield throws. Smart kid who will shine during interviews. No ill effects from 2009 knee injury. Showcase games await.

LAST WEEK: 19 | PLAYER CARD 20
Jerel Worthy
HT: 6-3 WT: 310 POS: DT
Tkl 12 Sack 2.5 Int 0
Has played well since a great showing at Ohio State. Disruptive defensive tackle in a class that's a little shallower, and that could benefit him. Good size and is tough to move -- just needs to bring it consistently.

LAST WEEK: 20 | PLAYER CARD 21
Janoris Jenkins
HT: 5-10 WT: 177 POS: CB
Tkl 38 Sack 0 Int 1
Quick as a cat with fluid hips and very good instincts for the position. He's a man among boys now at the Division II level with 4.4-second 40-yard dash speed. Has been dynamic as a punt returner this season.

LAST WEEK: 21 | PLAYER CARD 22
Dre Kirkpatrick
HT: 6-3 WT: 192 POS: CB
Tkl 17 Sack 0 Int 0
A big, physical corner, he has long arms and strong hands. Also has great length for the position. Solid in run support but must work on turning his head in coverage. Solid week at Florida.

LAST WEEK: 23 | PLAYER CARD 23
Bruce Irvin
HT: 6-3 WT: 245 POS: LB
Tkl 21 Sack 2.5 Int 0
Among national leaders in sacks in 2010 with 14.0, Irvin is explosive up the field and has decent countermoves. He's also seeing more attention. Fits as a 3-4 OLB at the next level.

LAST WEEK: 24 | PLAYER CARD 24
Stephon Gilmore *
HT: 6-1 WT: 193 POS: CB
Tkl 29Sack 0Int 2
Another SEC corner with good size, Gilmore has played well against some top competition. Well-schooled, he has a pair of INTs so far this year even though he's not drawing a ton of throws.

LAST WEEK: 25 | PLAYER CARD 25
Jared CrickAGE:
22 DOB: 8/21/89
HT: 6-6 WT: 285POS: DTTk l 22Sack 1.0Int 0A
chest injury will sideline the talented Crick for the season, but he still belongs in this range and can bounce back during the draft process. High-motor guy ideal as a DE in a 3-4 defense.

LAST WEEK: 22 | PLAYER CARD

Mel Kiper has been the premier name in NFL draft prospect evaluations for more than three decades. He started putting out his annual draft guides in 1978 and started contributing to ESPN as an analyst in 1984. For more from Mel, check out his annual draft publications or his home page. He can also be found on Twitter here.

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody really see Luke Kuechly as an elite player? I feel as if he is rated too high. He's 6'3 237, but he doesn't play like it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.