• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often do you guys factor in age when considering who to draft?

Do you downgrade a prospect if they are 23 yrs old? 24?

And on the other end, do you move a prospect up if they are 21?

I would look at if the prospect was 21. If he's on the same level as some 23 year olds when he's 21 then as of course I'd take that into consideration, it's a fact that you're going to get naturally stronger. At 23-24 I wouldn't lower them, I would just figure they are pretty much where they are going to be physically. At 26 I would figure they are pretty much maxed out at a physical standpoint. All prospects are still able to grow mentally imo, no matter the age.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha he seems like a better rb than wr. didn't see him line up in the wildcat in the games i seen. he looks similar to crabtree pre-injury when i watched him

That's what I like so much about him. I love how strong of a runner he is with the ball in his hands, a perfect wco wr. I also notice how choppy his steps are, before the combine they'll teach him to take longer strides to improve his run times. He's going to be a monster that reeks havoc on secondaries.

Look at that catch at 3:22, I never seen Crabtree look like that.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has more big play ability down the field, but on most of the routes he seems very similar to crabtree when he was at texas tech. i was surprised to see how physical he was in that highlight video because i didn't see it late in the year when i watched some slutgers games

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The more and more I watch Tannehill, the more and more nervous I am about the Seahaws taking him with their pick. He's raw and will need to be developed correctly, but he has all the tools needed to be a legitimate starter in the NFL.

:couch2: I told you before that he matches your profile for QBs

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1R: Janoris Jenkins 2R: Michael Brewster 3R: Brian Quick

I would be thrilled if the first 3 rounds played itself out that way in our favor. Man would I be happy!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So random timing, but I think I'm pretty much decided on my favourite realistic 30th pick of the draft being Peter Konz. He's my Vince Wilfork / Brian Orakpo of this year. Not really too concerned about his combine performance as a C.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll most likely have to move ahead of detroit for konz. if we can't or konz is gona my next target is dwayne allen. him and vernon would give harbaugh his 2 TE set for the next decade

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not crazy about 49ers drafting a C or G in rd. 1...would rather reposition and work the draft ala NE and milk the process for more picks. Although it can be argued that we dont need quantity just quality, i would argue now that we are going to be drafting from the rear of the draft for the next few years it would be a good idea to start working our position for more of them. It can be argued that NE has not done well with this strategy in terms of drafting keepers but certainly they are the envy of many in terms of how many picks they have year in and year out. Also, it is noted that NE hasnt had the falloff that many great teams eventually have drafting from the rear. They are able to rebuild while putting a pretty good product on the field year in and year out. Not NE fan..just a fan of their milking process.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would be thrilled if the first 3 rounds played itself out that way in our favor. Man would I be happy!

Jenkins measured in at 5'9 3/4 :violin: If he doesn't have a good wingspan, I may bail on this pick.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins measured in at 5'9 3/4 :violin: If he doesn't have a good wingspan, I may bail on this pick.

Plus, we need more of an immediate impact player. We have Rodgers, Brown and Culliver all playing well. Unless an injury, I don't see him playing.

I see a guard making an impact, a wr, an olb or a te.

On a long shot I can see us taking Iloka (fs/ss) to take over for Goldson or Whitner in a year, while making a special teams impact. This all depends on how he plays in a little bit, as well as how he tests at the combine.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He'll also run in the 4.5s.

If he doesn't (meaning he runs a 4.4 or better) will you retract your silly prediction that he'll be around at pick 256?

I don't think there's any way he goes lower than 2nd round to the Cowboys.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
we'll most likely have to move ahead of detroit for konz. if we can't or konz is gona my next target is dwayne allen. him and vernon would give harbaugh his 2 TE set for the next decade

I'd love to add Dwayne Allen to the Niners' offense (he's the dude from Clemson right?). I don't know that I'd pick him at 30; there are some DL I'd rather have who will probably be there.

Konz #1 on my realistic wish list. #2 would have to be....

...Hmmmm... for now let's say Nick Perry. He dropped out of the Presidential race, so now he can just concentrate on football.

#3 woudl have to be either Glenn (whom I've LOVED this season) or maybe Dre Kirkpatrick who screwed himself by getting arrested; he's still got the highest ceiling of any CB in the draft IMO. Allen probably would come right after Worthy & Brandon Thompson though (for now). Still undecided where I'd put J. Jenkins, but I like him a LOT more than Clyde does (at least on the field).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh yeah another player I forgot to mention is Michael Brockers. He's made a good impression on me & could end up being one of my favourites, but I'm not sure yet.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to add Dwayne Allen to the Niners' offense (he's the dude from Clemson right?). I don't know that I'd pick him at 30; there are some DL I'd rather have who will probably be there.

Konz #1 on my realistic wish list. #2 would have to be....

...Hmmmm... for now let's say Nick Perry. He dropped out of the Presidential race, so now he can just concentrate on football.

#3 woudl have to be either Glenn (whom I've LOVED this season) or maybe Dre Kirkpatrick who screwed himself by getting arrested; he's still got the highest ceiling of any CB in the draft IMO. Allen probably would come right after Worthy & Brandon Thompson though (for now). Still undecided where I'd put J. Jenkins, but I like him a LOT more than Clyde does (at least on the field).

dwayne allen will go in the first half of the 2nd. so we'd have to draft him in the 1st. i don't think clemson really utilized him or he would be top 15

glenn would be a great pick up but some team will draft him thinking he can be a LT. honestly i think he would be an upgrade over staley.

thompson i wouldn't mind in the 2nd.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I have reservations about Glenn at LT, but I think he has the physical talent to EVENTUALLY be a LT after starting out at RT maybe.

If the Niners got him he'd probably start at RG.

I think Konz could play RG too, but I'd absolutely LOVE him to be the Niners' starting C. Brewster was getting all the hype this season, but Konz was always my favourite.

Don't get me wrong; Brewster's a good prospect. I just never thought he was 1st round material like people were saying all season. He'd probably be an upgrade over Goodwin by year 1 though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So Mike Mayock likes Riley Rieff more than Matt Kalil. Wow.

I've actually been on the Rieff bandwagon all season until I realized there was no way he'd last 'til the Niners' pick. But better than Kalil? I think this a case of trying to get too cute and over-thinking the issue like when people had Chad Ward ranked ahead of Steve Hutchinson as the top guard in the class back in 2001. Anyone remember that?

Ward actually ended up on the Niners' roster after Jacksonville cut him if memory serves.

...People are apparently pretty high on Devon Still: as in they STILL think he's a top 10-15 player? Pfff!!

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't (meaning he runs a 4.4 or better) will you retract your silly prediction that he'll be around at pick 256?

I don't think there's any way he goes lower than 2nd round to the Cowboys.

Really? You thought that was a prediction?

Status
Not open for further replies.