• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin McNutt looks interesting too.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my first round is shaping up as

peter konz
dwayne allen
alshon jeffrey

outside of those guys i want to trade out for a 1st next year. vernon is our big play guy and this draft is loaded with red zone targets. comes down to picking the ones that can play on sunday.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him, Floyd, Fuller, and Dwight Jones since he has already measured a legit 6'4". I have never seen Sanu play so I have no idea on him but he measured 6'1" and change. Not ideal.

I really like how strong Sanu is, it shows up when he has the ball in his hands. To me he's a perfect type of West Coast wr, one that catches anything thrown, runs great routes, plus can turn a 5 yard slant into a 50 yard gain.

I was telling my son the other day that I can see the NFL evolving back to smaller (than now), quicker, more shifty wr's. With the league bringing in all these big bodied wr's, there is starting to be a demand for big bodied cb's to match up with them, to beat these new cb's that teams are trying to draft (or convert) you're going to need the quick, shifty wr's that create space with the sharp route running. Think Wes Welker, Victor Cruz, Kendall Wright (lots of buzz), Marvin Harrison, Mike Wallace and other players in these molds.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As does Brian Quick

This WR Class is DEeeeeep

I agree, I'm loving this WR class. Hell we could probably draft two starters at WR since ours suck so bad!

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Iguana: Konz would be a great 1st round pick (as long as he's 100% back from that dislocated ankle). C is a huge problem IMO.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, our pro bowl center sucks. :noidea:

He gave up six sacks this year, which is very concerning coming from a C.

In comparison, Kyle Cook and Alex Mack, C's that have to go up against the likes of Ngata and Hampton twice a year, have given up less than six sacks in their short careers.

If I ran down the list for the entire NFL, I don't think I'd find a C that has given up six or more sacks this season.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodwin? When did he make the probowl? 2005? He didn't even sniff the probowl this year, and his pass protection was not good.

2010. True he had a rough start to the season, as well as the whole line. He's on a 3 year deal, I hope no center in the 1st.

I'm glad to see in the Senior Bowl thread that we talked to Vinny Curry.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't care how well Goodwin played in 2010 or how long his deal was this year; he's on the down slope of his career, and he wasn't any good THIS year. He's only going to get worse; someone said he was credited for 6 sacks, but I think it should be more than that if they didn't count a couple against the cardinals I watched over and over again whewn someone posted the videos. At first glance it may look like other OL gave up a couple of those sacks, but if you watch closely you'll see it was Goodwin who really blew it.

C is a big problem. Konz is a big time C prospect. He'd be a great pick at 30. The Steelers & Dolphins used picks 18 & 15, respectively, on Pouncey centers.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sure, if we upgraded at C and RG our oline would be dominant. Problem is we need a #1 WR more.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanu: A Beast Among Men - YouTube

I was watching some highlights and thought about Sanu not being at the Senior Bowl. I had forgot that he wasn't a sr. None the less I still want him in a 49 uni next season. He's just a monster that reeks havoc on secondaries. Look at those vicious blocks he's laying on the poor db's. Look at that length, plus look at how compact his frame is (looks solid).

I'm sure that when the combine comes he'll prove how good his hands are and hopefully won't shoot up the boards too early for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more and more I watch Tannehill, the more and more nervous I am about the Seahaws taking him with their pick. He's raw and will need to be developed correctly, but he has all the tools needed to be a legitimate starter in the NFL.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll take the free wins next year as he learns

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanu: A Beast Among Men - YouTube

I was watching some highlights and thought about Sanu not being at the Senior Bowl. I had forgot that he wasn't a sr. None the less I still want him in a 49 uni next season. He's just a monster that reeks havoc on secondaries. Look at those vicious blocks he's laying on the poor db's. Look at that length, plus look at how compact his frame is (looks solid).

I'm sure that when the combine comes he'll prove how good his hands are and hopefully won't shoot up the boards too early for us.

haha he seems like a better rb than wr. didn't see him line up in the wildcat in the games i seen. he looks similar to crabtree pre-injury when i watched him

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How often do you guys factor in age when considering who to draft?

Do you downgrade a prospect if they are 23 yrs old? 24?

And on the other end, do you move a prospect up if they are 21?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sure, if we upgraded at C and RG our oline would be dominant. Problem is we need a #1 WR more.

I'd like to go WR in the 1st and OG in the 2nd or 3rd depending on who's available.

I'd like Floyd, Wright, or Sanu in the 1st and then Brandon Brooks or Senio Kelemete in the 3rd ideally. Re-sign Snyder, dump She-lo of course. Build depth at CB, OLD, or DT/DE with the 2nd rounder. Not crazy about the C prospects this year.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin McNutt looks interesting too.

He seems to fit the mold of what the 49ers coaches like in a WR. Big, can work the middle of the field, adjusts well to the football, and is a willing blocker from what I've seen/read about him.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems to fit the mold of what the 49ers coaches like in a WR. Big, can work the middle of the field, adjusts well to the football, and is a willing blocker from what I've seen/read about him.

I didn't see the game against Nebraska but it raises a red flag that Denard locked him down. I don't know if it was just bad qb play, no trust or whatever, but it looks bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.