• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The bold parts are where I wanted to explain that Brooks is o.k. and can surely be upgraded for in the 1st or second for a cheaper price then he's going to demand this off season. PH isn't very good, simple as that. He'll be upgraded even later in the draft when he becomes a free agent.

The underlined parts are where I wanted to explain that your wrong. We know Alex isn't elite, neither is our offensive play calls. It's a very simple offense that most qb's can run. Again, we traded up to draft CK, obviously Harbaugh likes something in him. To tell you the truth, I think Harbaugh has more of a liking towards what Scott Tolzien brings to the table. With his accuracy, he would be stellar at least in this offense.

That brings me to the intialized. I don't think anybody is giving up on Davis, they would be crazy to. His sack numbers are a bit deceiving too, just because his numbers are inflated because of a couple of bad games where he gave up multiple sacks. If you look at his game by game he had a pretty good season.

I just want to touch on the wr comment real quick. I think everyone agrees that Kyle Williams is a dynamic slot wr, not a #2. Morgan is a free agent that is coming off of a broken leg. Why wouldn't you draft a wr in the 1st or the 2nd if it's in agreement that he's the best player available, who happens to be an upgrade at the position? Morgan hasn't quite lit it up over his career to make people not look at the wr position as a need position.

I would think round 1 will be between the best olb or wr available. Of course that is based on the assumption that Synder will be resigned, otherwise I would think rg has a chance in the 1st roud also. Tarrell Brown has had too good of a last half of the season (including playoffs) to think that one of the available rookies (when we pick) will have a bigger impact.

Maybe I'm buying into outdated stats but Parys Haralson when sent to blitz can disturb and cause pressure.
Pass Rushing Productivity - Third and Fourth Downs | ProFootballFocus.com

Our TEs make up for our lack of talent at the WR position. We also don't have a system in place where the WR is meant to be a dynamic component of the offense.

Priorities - I should have explained better, but I meant in general for the NFL(those were not my opinion on the 49er's priorities).

Carlos will be 31 next year, so I'm a bit weary of his age. Plus, you can never have enough good CBs. Brown still hasn't bought me off to believe he's going to be reliable just yet.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's the point I'm trying to make.

Playoff resiliency does not equate to next season.

success next season ^ typo

If anyone wants a link to the east west shrine game.. PM me

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Excellent 0 for 12 on 3rd down when it really mattered and 5~ three and outs

I think we have reason to find someone to replace Smith if an opportunity comes our way (most likely in FA)

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent 0 for 12 on 3rd down when it really mattered and 5~ three and outs

I think we have reason to find someone to replace Smith if an opportunity comes our way (most likely in FA)

How about the wr's? Why won't you admit that wr is a problem? If a wr like Wright or Sanu is there when we pick you still don't think we should grab them, especially if they show well at the combine?
I see the same problems you see in Smith, however I think he can be replaced with one of the two other qb's on the squad, plus it helps to have wr's that get open.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the wr's? Why won't you admit that wr is a problem? If a wr like Wright or Sanu is there when we pick you still don't think we should grab them, especially if they show well at the combine?
I see the same problems you see in Smith, however I think he can be replaced with one of the two other qb's on the squad, plus it helps to have wr's that get open.

Just because someone thinks Smith should be replaced doesn't mean they think everything else is fine.

QB is the most prominent position on a football team.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clyde_carbon;1594386[B said:
]Just because someone thinks Smith should be replaced doesn't mean they think everything else is fine.[/B]

QB is the most prominent position on a football team.

look back at the prior page. My comment to him came from a previous discussion in this thread where he told me about wr not being an option in the 1st.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sanu almost seems like a toss up with crabtree

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sanu almost seems like a toss up with crabtree

Sanu is really strong, with really good hands and he runs really good routes. Sanu had a really good season with bad qb play too, that's something that I look at. He seems to have all the tools, without a diva attitude.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sanu is really strong, with really good hands and he runs really good routes. Sanu had a really good season with bad qb play too, that's something that I look at. He seems to have all the tools, without a diva attitude.

Hard for me to say without seeing downfield on every pass play, but I just find it difficult to believe that the Giant's DBs shut them down the entire game. And when we needed to move the ball - unlike last week - Smith was throwing the ball at his receiver's feet.

I don't think one WR will change this offense as much as you're leading onto believe. We need a QB that the staff can trust to be aggressive, otherwise it's going to be the same dink and dunk.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Smith and our receivers were horrible today. Receivers couldn't get much separation and Smith played scared all day.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to say without seeing downfield on every pass play, but I just find it difficult to believe that the Giant's DBs shut them down the entire game. And when we needed to move the ball - unlike last week - Smith was throwing the ball at his receiver's feet.

I don't think one WR will change this offense as much as you're leading onto believe. We need a QB that the staff can trust to be aggressive, otherwise it's going to be the same dink and dunk.

had he completed those passes there was a db right there to make the tackle and keep the clock going. i think smith should have just ran it out of bounds for a few yards on a couple of those throws.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't get me wrong now, I'm not in the resign Smith crowd either. I just think we can replace him in house. I also think that one wr COULD make a big difference, whether if that's in the draft or in free agency.

If the wr is in free agency I'm liking Colston or Meachem. I'm not really wanting Bowe, I think he drops too many passes for what he's going to demand.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd sign Meachem as a part time deep threat replacement for Ginn on offense. I'd still try to bring back Ginn for STs only. That still leaves us needing a HUGE #1 WR. Hopefully Alshon makes it to our pick.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd sign Meachem as a part time deep threat replacement for Ginn on offense. I'd still try to bring back Ginn for STs only. That still leaves us needing a HUGE #1 WR. Hopefully Alshon makes it to our pick.

So you like Jeffery too?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him, Floyd, Fuller, and Dwight Jones since he has already measured a legit 6'4". I have never seen Sanu play so I have no idea on him but he measured 6'1" and change. Not ideal.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, we have the #30 pick in the first round.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to 2:50ish and watch the last minute. He's got some Lloyd kind of catching radius. Hmm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just looking at the Senior Bowl roster and saw Marvin Jones. I didn't realize he was a Senior haha. Talk about a talented WR that had shit at QB. This kid could wind up being a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.