• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe we can get him in the 2nd then.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
We have a top-10 LT who's only 27, who just made the pro-bowl, and people wanna trade all of our picks for another LT?

Brilliant.

You're right; it would be brilliant. Thank you for the compliment.

I said: I wouldn't be oppsed to it. I wouldn't trade the farm like I would for Luck, so it would have to be a reasonable trade. But Kalil is a Peppers / Calvin type of player who should go no later than #2. If he's there at 3 or 4 someone made a huge mistake. He'd immediately improve a just about any passing game in the NFL, and he'd probably do so for a decade.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Taylor didn't benefit from either because he's just not that good. I mean, he's good in space but doesn't use his hands well on the pass rush. Think Manny Lawson. Ingram is the man on that d, he also was before Clowney got there, ya dig?

Oh I dig. Ingram was good before Clowney, but he had his best year with Clowney. Of course players gradually get better; I'm just sayin'...

Taylor may not be a great NFL DE, but he's a force at the college level. Like I said: I'm just sayin'. I'm just checkin' every nook & cranny when it comes to evaluating this guy. He's hard on whom to get a guage.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right; it would be brilliant. Thank you for the compliment.

I said: I wouldn't be oppsed to it. I wouldn't trade the farm like I would for Luck, so it would have to be a reasonable trade. But Kalil is a Peppers / Calvin type of player who should go no later than #2. If he's there at 3 or 4 someone made a huge mistake. He'd immediately improve a just about any passing game in the NFL, and he'd probably do so for a decade.

Because a guy like Joe Thomas has done so much for Cleveland's passing game, right?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because a guy like Joe Thomas has done so much for Cleveland's passing game, right?

their passing game is better with him than without. blindside protection is crucial, but it isn't thomas' fault that colt mccoy is the qb

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Are you really going to use this arguement?

Clyde you know the value of one of these players who is EASILY the best non-QB in the draft. You get that guy at 3 or 4 after a reasonable trade up it's a steal.

I didn't say I'd do it. I said I wouldn't be OPPOSED TO IT if the right trade were available. Maybe he's there at 4 and the Niners have a couple of players they'd like to trade and the team with the 4th pick wants 'em.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really going to use this arguement?

Clyde you know the value of one of these players who is EASILY the best non-QB in the draft. You get that guy at 3 or 4 after a reasonable trade up it's a steal.

I didn't say I'd do it. I said I wouldn't be OPPOSED TO IT if the right trade were available. Maybe he's there at 4 and the Niners have a couple of players they'd like to trade and the team with the 4th pick wants 'em.

Of course I am using that argument. Since the Browns have drafted Joe Thomas, who's been bar-none the best LT in the league, they've had the 12th, 31st, 32nd, 29th, and the 24th ranked passing offenses. And we're talking about what could be the only true franchise LT in the league.

Do you think the Dolphins regret passing on Matt Ryan for Jake Long, who also has been great?

LT has become one of the most overrated positions in football, and you wanna trade UP all the way to the #3 pick when we already have a young LT who just received 11 votes to be all-pro? C'mon.

What's a "reasonable" deal to move up?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
their passing game is better with him than without. blindside protection is crucial, but it isn't thomas' fault that colt mccoy is the qb

Really? How much worse can they get from the having the 31st, 32nd, 29th, and 24th passing offenses the last 4 years?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Of course I am using that argument. Since the Browns have drafted Joe Thomas, who's been bar-none the best LT in the league, they've had the 12th, 31st, 32nd, 29th, and the 24th ranked passing offenses. And we're talking about what could be the only true franchise LT in the league.

Ok we all know a team with a top 1 LT and a bottom 3 QB still sucks in the passing game. As Gob would say... Come on!
We also know that a top 5 LT can vastly improve the not just the passing game but the running game too. Of course a top 5 LT on a QB who should be a backup or not in the league is lipstick on a pig.

LT has become one of the most overrated positions in football, and you wanna trade UP all the way to the #3 pick when we already have a young LT who just received 11 votes to be all-pro? C'mon.

I said I wouldn't be opposed to a trade up. That means if they can get a good trade I'd take it 'cause Kalil would be a top 5 LT for the next DECADE, and he's the best non-QB in the entire draft. Getting that player at 3 or 4 after a reasonable trade up is excellent value. He'd upgrade 2 tackle positions. And maybe Davis could play OG (or maybe the team would take him in a trade?).

What's a "reasonable" deal to move up?

~shrugs~

What if the Niners have a guy who has value but they want to trade him in a move that helps the team long term? What if a team with the 3rd or 4th pick wants that player?

Let's put it this way: I wouldn't be opposed to trading up to 3 or 4 for Kalil. I absolutely would be opposed to trading up that far for Blackmon or a CB. Kalil is just that valuable. He's a no brainer. You get a chance to get a guy with that small a chance to bust it's a good thing.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok we all know a team with a top 1 LT and a bottom 3 QB still sucks in the passing game. As Gob would say... Come on!
We also know that a top 5 LT can vastly improve the not just the passing game but the running game too. Of course a top 5 LT on a QB who should be a backup or not in the league is lipstick on a pig.

I said I wouldn't be opposed to a trade up. That means if they can get a good trade I'd take it 'cause Kalil would be a top 5 LT for the next DECADE, and he's the best non-QB in the entire draft. Getting that player at 3 or 4 after a reasonable trade up is excellent value. He'd upgrade 2 tackle positions. And maybe Davis could play OG (or maybe the team would take him in a trade?).

~shrugs~

What if the Niners have a guy who has value but they want to trade him in a move that helps the team long term? What if a team with the 3rd or 4th pick wants that player?

Let's put it this way: I wouldn't be opposed to trading up to 3 or 4 for Kalil. I absolutely would be opposed to trading up that far for Blackmon or a CB. Kalil is just that valuable. He's a no brainer. You get a chance to get a guy with that small a chance to bust it's a good thing.

Except, as I've proven, Kalil ISN'T that valuable. Even if he's a Joe Thomas type player in the NFL, he's not making a big impact in the passing game.

Combine that with the fact we already have a young, pro bowl LT and no way I'm even thinking about this trade. Only player I'm trading up for is Luck.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Except, as I've proven, Kalil ISN'T that valuable. Even if he's a Joe Thomas type player in the NFL, he's not making a big impact in the passing game.

He's not? Just because the Browns' offense sucks means Kalil doesn't vastly improve over Anthony Davis?

I strongly disagree. A LT like Kalil is one of the most valuable commodities as it gets in the NFL.

I'd take a Julius Peppers, Demarcus Ware or Calvin Johnson or a BJ Raji over him, but I'd put him up there with a Patrick Peterson.

...And we both know I'd trade whatever it took to get Luck. Even my boy Aldon.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Combine that with the fact we already have a young, pro bowl LT and no way I'm even thinking about this trade. Only player I'm trading up for is Luck.

lol pro bowl LT. staley is the dilfer of pro bowl LT's. if we can upgrade LT we need to do so. i'd rather not mortgage the future for one player, i usually like to pick up more picks, but i'd much rather staley play the right side

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not? Just because the Browns' offense sucks means Kalil doesn't vastly improve over Anthony Davis?

Of course he's a big improvement. That doesn't mean he's worth moving up all the way from the late twenties for. Way to use your resources.

I strongly disagree. A LT like Kalil is one of the most valuable commodities as it gets in the NFL.

Maybe so, but the only position I'm trading up that far for is QB. Maybe an elite pass-rusher if I have my QB.

Atlanta gave up 2 first round picks, 1 second round pick, and 2 fourth round picks to move up to the 6th spot last year. It would likely take even more to move up for Kalil. Are you really making this trade when we already have Joe Staley?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol pro bowl LT. staley is the dilfer of pro bowl LT's. if we can upgrade LT we need to do so. i'd rather not mortgage the future for one player, i usually like to pick up more picks, but i'd much rather staley play the right side

Dilfer of LTs? Don't be ridiculous. Name one blind-side protector you'd put over him in the pro bowl this year.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had this conversation before. there are plenty. just because there's a lack of elite LT's in the league right now doesn't mean staley deserves to be cut some slack.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had this conversation before. there are plenty. just because there's a lack of elite LT's in the league right now doesn't mean staley deserves to be cut some slack.

Who? Give me two blind-side protectors that deserve to be in the pro bowl over Staley this year.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gross, free and backus. i think staley has improved over earlier in the year, but he still whiffed on a few blocks. not to mention u don't even notice when staley is injured because boone fills in nicely. and boone is a true RT just like staley

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gross, free and backus. i think staley has improved over earlier in the year, but he still whiffed on a few blocks. not to mention u don't even notice when staley is injured because boone fills in nicely. and boone is a true RT just like staley

LMAO. Gross, Free and BACKUS?

LMAO.

GTFO.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. Gross, Free and BACKUS?

LMAO.

GTFO.

our offensive line has been garbage this year. u could argue free is below staley because of the penalties but he doesn't allow guys easy hits on romo.

backus has been solid all season and a big reason why stafford can sit there all day and toss one up to johnson

gross got snubbed, which a lot of ppl said would happen

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our offensive line has been garbage this year. u could argue free is below staley because of the penalties but he doesn't allow guys easy hits on romo.

backus has been solid all season and a big reason why stafford can sit there all day and toss one up to johnson

gross got snubbed, which a lot of ppl said would happen

You're an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.