• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not nonesense at all. If I had a derep button, I'd to it right now!

In addition to what you already listed I would also add D'Brick Ferguson; Jason Peters; Chad Clifton; McNeil; Clabo; Ryan Clady; and Andrew Whitworth. And there are some other RTs I would have added ahead of Staley at the LT position...Real Talk!

I'm afraid I agree with this sentiment. McNeil's had a poor season, but he's easily more talented than Staley.

Staley's too hot & cold; and he's had too many injuries. I know he'd look better if he were blocking a QB who could get rid of the ball quicker, but at this point I'd want to move him to RT & acquire a better LT. Move Davis to RG and be a C away from an amazing OL. Won't be easy to do though because there won't be a lot of LTs available this offseason.

Stay strong in teh trenches!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not nonesense at all. If I had a derep button, I'd to it right now!

In addition to what you already listed I would also add D'Brick Ferguson; Jason Peters; Chad Clifton; McNeil; Clabo; Ryan Clady; and Andrew Whitworth. And there are some other RTs I would have added ahead of Staley at the LT position...Real Talk!

You do have a derep button. :ballchain:

I already mentioned Brick in my list.

I'll give you Andre Whitworth and Jason Peters, even though Peters is on the wrong side of his career.

Marcus McNeil was horrible this year, and has been riddled with injuries. Tyson Clabo is a RT. Ryan Clady is average at best. He's been living off of his his rookie season hype. This is coming from someone who was a huge fan of his coming out of Boise.

So basically it comes down to Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Michael Roos, Brick, Vollmer, Whitworth, and Peters.

That makes Staley arguably the 8th best LT out of 32. Not too shabby.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid I agree with this sentiment. McNeil's had a poor season, but he's easily more talented than Staley.

Staley's too hot & cold; and he's had too many injuries. I know he'd look better if he were blocking a QB who could get rid of the ball quicker, but at this point I'd want to move him to RT & acquire a better LT. Move Davis to RG and be a C away from an amazing OL. Won't be easy to do though because there won't be a lot of LTs available this offseason.

Stay strong in teh trenches!

staley has completely whiffed a few times this season. but ya there arent many decent LT's out there. i'd even say doug free is a better LT. that would still put staley in the top 10 which to me shows the sorry state of the LT position. or maybe the ends are just getting too fast and athletic

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
staley has completely whiffed a few times this season. but ya there arent many decent LT's out there. i'd even say doug free is a better LT. that would still put staley in the top 10 which to me shows the sorry state of the LT position. or maybe the ends are just getting too fast and athletic

Or maybe expectations need to be curbed. Outside of HOFs like Walter Jones, Orlando Pace, and Johnathan Ogden, and current stud LTs like Joe Thomas and Jake Long, LTs will give up some pressure. Hell, even Long IIRC has given up 5.5 or 6 sacks this season.

Staley is more than a capable starter. People need to find other more pressing needs to bitch about.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Suggesting the Niners upgrade the LT position and move Staley to RT isn't "bitching." It's a reasonable thing to do if the right opprotunity presents itself.

Will it make or break the team? No. QB will.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suggesting the Niners upgrade the LT position and move Staley to RT isn't "bitching." It's a reasonable thing to do if the right opprotunity presents itself.

If the "right opportunity" presents itself we can upgrade 99% of the team. That's not the point.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'm still hoping boone can force staley to RT.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oregon RB LaMichael James will forgo his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL draft.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you hoping Colin Kaepernick can force Alex Smith to the bench, as well?

that would be awesome, but if it happens we're looking at maybe 2-3 years away. i'd actually like to bring in another young qb like clausen

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that would be awesome, but if it happens we're looking at maybe 2-3 years away. i'd actually like to bring in another young qb like clausen

+1
He's the the league's best kept secret. People judge his rookie season and are basically are out of touch with reality when it comes to "rookies" - especially at the QB position.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
davis should be able to transition to guard easily. his problem is against speed rushers. if he's blocking on the inside his strength will be better utilized.

with the amount of interior linemen in the draft brewster could be there in the late 2nd. with davis moving to guard i think we'd have a very strong interior line. too many plays are getting blown up from inside pressure.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I actually would like for Bonne to take over at rt next season, moving Davis to rg. Davis was a rg at Rutgers so the position isn't foreign to him.
Anthony Davis, Rutgers, NFL Draft 2012 - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
named starting right guard for the sixth game (Syracuse) of the season and started the final eight games of the season

I'm not completely against moving him to RG if his contract is right, but it's still too early to pull the plug on him at RT IMO. He really needs to improve him pass protecting. I've seen him give up quite a few guys just beat him around the edge.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
davis should be able to transition to guard easily. his problem is against speed rushers. if he's blocking on the inside his strength will be better utilized.

with the amount of interior linemen in the draft brewster could be there in the late 2nd. with davis moving to guard i think we'd have a very strong interior line. too many plays are getting blown up from inside pressure.

Because he's so dominant against the bull, right?

I'm not saying he won't make a good RG, but it's not a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.