• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting that stuff EKmane. I'm starting to agree with you on Wright. He's the only at whom thje Niners have a shot of taking who I think could be a true #1 WR. I want to see what he does / weighs / measures at the combine though.

Blackmon's been #1 draft eligible WR since the Bengals took AJ Green, but there's no way the Niners get him. I don't think be able to get Floyd either (which could be a blessing in disguise considering his off-filed antics).

floyd was never really a problem and was spotless this season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
floyd was never really a problem and was spotless this season.

He was never a problem? He's been arrested for DUIs twice. Twice was also the amount of alcohol he had in his blood stream the first time (while he was under age). Then he got arrested on a .19 blow. And this is BEFORE he's a millionaire. That's not a problem?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was never a problem? He's been arrested for DUIs twice. Twice was also the amount of alcohol he had in his blood stream the first time (while he was under age). Then he got arrested on a .19 blow. And this is BEFORE he's a millionaire. That's not a problem?

He actually three incidents that were alcohol related, not just two. He's either a dumbass or an alcoholic.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not only is potentially being an alcoholic a huge red flag, but someone who drinks & parties all the time is going to get out of shape from time to time. Didn't he lose like 15 pounds while he was suspended? Drastic weight fluxuations before age 22 is another bad sign.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Weren't you a huge Floyd fan Sickness?

I was a pretty big Floyd fan before the 2nd arrest. I've never doubted his ability as a WR. You know what they say: One time's an incident; twice is a pattern. I forget what they say the 3rd time is, but it's worse than the 2nd time...

Still think he's a great WR; he's almost identical to Jenkins as a CB in my mind. Exact same talent + red flags.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's come back with huge focus this year. maybe almost getting kicked out of notre dame was his wake up call.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So since trading for a good LT is improbable and Kalil is probably out of reach what about Riley Rieff from Iowa? I like him better than I did Bryan Bulaga, but what do you guys think of him? Good pad level, stands up defenders well; I wonder about hand useage; want to see how long his arms are.

Don't even want to bother with Johathan Martin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might be too expensive to move up. rieff might be a bit flatfooted for LT

i really think trading down might be better. mcdonald and brewster could be solid grabs in the 2nd

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dwight jones is another guy i'm lookin at in the 2nd but i think he'll go in the 1st by draft day

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
might be too expensive to move up. rieff might be a bit flatfooted for LT

I don't know that he plays flat footed. If you want to see a flat footed LT watch Nate Potter. At least he doesn't hop around like Anthony Davis...

Rieff probably wouldn't be a great LT, but he might be better than Staley. I like most things about Rieff except MAYBE his hand useage. Lower body strength and lateral movement looks good. Stands defenders up well; good pad level. He's easily better than Jonathan Martin IMO.

Don't know that Rieff will last long enough to be there, and he isn't an amzing talent IMO; and it's only a good idea to trade up in the 1st if you think the guy will be a pro bowler. If he's there in the 20's when the Niners pick I'd strongly consider it. A good LT would give the Niners at least 4 good to great OL positions IMO.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know that he plays flat footed. If you want to see a flat footed LT watch Nate Potter. At least he doesn't hop around like Anthony Davis...

Rieff probably wouldn't be a great LT, but he might be better than Staley. I like most things about Rieff except MAYBE his hand useage. Lower body strength and lateral movement looks good. Stands defenders up well; good pad level. He's easily better than Jonathan Martin IMO.

Don't know that Rieff will last long enough to be there, and he isn't an amzing talent IMO; and it's only a good idea to trade up in the 1st if you think the guy will be a pro bowler. If he's there in the 20's when the Niners pick I'd strongly consider it. A good LT would give the Niners at least 4 good to great OL positions IMO.

I like Rieff a little bit, but I wouldn't trade up for him. This would be the same mistake we did back in 2010. Instead of staying put and draft Bulaga where we were at, we gave up picks to trade up for Anthony Davis. In your above scenario I would much rather stay put and draft Mike Adams. Alabama has two stud OTs on their lineup - I would draft the better prospect of the two. I really can't make up my mind of who I like the better of the two (especially when considering what we have in Staley, Boone, and Davis). Should we give Boone a shot? Are we being too quick to call it quit on Davis? Can Staley wake up and finally be that player some envisioned him to be?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rieff a little bit, but I wouldn't trade up for him. This would be the same mistake we did back in 2010. Instead of staying put and draft Bulaga where we were at, we gave up picks to trade up for Anthony Davis. In your above scenario I would much rather stay put and draft Mike Adams. Alabama has two stud OTs on their lineup - I would draft the better prospect of the two. I really can't make up my mind of who I like the better of the two (especially when considering what we have in Staley, Boone, and Davis). * Should we give Boone a shot*? Are we being too quick to call it quit on Davis? Can Staley wake up and finally be that player some envisioned him to be?

You said it where I initialized. Boone is more of a true tackle than Davis, Davis is a guard. In this scenario we wouldn't have to use our 1st round pick on another lineman, we could use it on T.J McDonald (hole), wr (hole), while still filling our hole at rg.
Where I underlined is the other part you nailed imo. Mike Adams has the best feet I've ever seen by a man his size. He's a for sure dancing with the stars canidate. I'd play him on the right side though, no way I give up on Staley yet.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rieff a little bit, but I wouldn't trade up for him. This would be the same mistake we did back in 2010. Instead of staying put and draft Bulaga where we were at, we gave up picks to trade up for Anthony Davis. In your above scenario I would much rather stay put and draft Mike Adams. Alabama has two stud OTs on their lineup - I would draft the better prospect of the two. I really can't make up my mind of who I like the better of the two (especially when considering what we have in Staley, Boone, and Davis). Should we give Boone a shot? Are we being too quick to call it quit on Davis? Can Staley wake up and finally be that player some envisioned him to be?

Where does this nonsense keep coming from? Staley has been, at worst, solid this season and at best very good. Can you even name 7 LTs that are legitimately better than him at this point? I have Thomas, Long, Roos, Ferguson, Vollmer...and maybe Gross?

There are no more Orlando Paces and Johnathan Ogdens in the NFL.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont think adams would be much of an upgrade over davis. ohio state doesn't exactly pass the ball much, but i wasn't impressed with his pass blocking when they finally threw it

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody else like David Wilson more than Trent Richardson? I think both will be very productive RB's in the NFL, but Wilson is relentless, has great vision, and a huge burst. I was a big Ryan Williams fan last year, but i think i like Wilson even more.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anybody else like David Wilson more than Trent Richardson? I think both will be very productive RB's in the NFL, but Wilson is relentless, has great vision, and a huge burst. I was a big Ryan Williams fan last year, but i think i like Wilson even more.

Just from looking at highlights looks like he has low 4.4 speed, but is not a good runner between the tackles, and he will probably develop fumbling problems when he reaches the NFL (Assuming he doesn't have them already).

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just from looking at highlights looks like he has low 4.4 speed, but is not a good runner between the tackles, and he will probably develop fumbling problems when he reaches the NFL (Assuming he doesn't have them already).

He will get better. He does have a riskier running style that Adrian Peterson has, so there is always the chance that he could develop a problem holding on to the ball, but i don't really think that is going to be a problem for him. He's got a great work ethic.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jonas gray is my sleeper at rb. he was stuck in the doghouse at notre dame for a while, but he got playing time this year and took advantage of it.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where does this nonsense keep coming from? Staley has been, at worst, solid this season and at best very good. Can you even name 7 LTs that are legitimately better than him at this point? I have Thomas, Long, Roos, Ferguson, Vollmer...and maybe Gross?

There are no more Orlando Paces and Johnathan Ogdens in the NFL.

Not nonesense at all. If I had a derep button, I'd to it right now!

In addition to what you already listed I would also add D'Brick Ferguson; Jason Peters; Chad Clifton; McNeil; Clabo; Ryan Clady; and Andrew Whitworth. And there are some other RTs I would have added ahead of Staley at the LT position...Real Talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.