• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, really? I don't recall you being a big supporter of Crabtree coming out of college, were you? I'd take Blackmon over Crabtree any day. I think Blackmon is the best WR to come out since Megatron (besides AJ Green).

1.) Percy Harvin
2.) Michael Crabtree
3.) DHB
4.) Jeremy Maclin
5.) Hakeem Nicks
6.) Mike Wallace
7.) Johnny Knox
8.) Deon Butler
9.) Brandon Tate
10.) Kenny Britt

Oh yeah you're overvaluing the impact JB brings to a game. Who would you prefer? Dez Bryant or Blacmon? He's good but not "elite" good IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) Percy Harvin
2.) Michael Crabtree
3.) DHB
4.) Jeremy Maclin
5.) Hakeem Nicks
6.) Mike Wallace
7.) Johnny Knox
8.) Deon Butler
9.) Brandon Tate
10.) Kenny Britt

Oh yeah you're overvaluing the impact JB brings to a game. Who would you prefer? Dez Bryant or Blacmon? He's good but not "elite" good IMO.

My bad, i knew you had Harvin ranked high, but couldn't remember the rest.

Maybe i do, but i like him the best right now. I can't believe he's only 6'1, but i think he has a huge ceiling in the NFL. It's a tough call between him and Dez, but i do like him slightly better than Dez. He's a more physical receiver and more explosive.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My midseason top-15. This was REALLY hard to do.

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Matt Kalil, OT, USC
3. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St.
4. Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall
5. Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia
6. Ronnie Hillman, RB, SDSU
7. Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama
8. Barrett Jones, OT, Alabama
9. Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
10. Casey Heyward, CB, Vanderbilt
11. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
12. Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
13. Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma St.
14. David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
15. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

As usual, completely different from Kiper's and Scout's Inc.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok Clyde, what am I missing? You've repeatedly said that an OG should NEVER be picked in the 1st round under any circumstances. However, you've got 2 OGs in your top 15 overall players in NCAA. What does your list mean? How do you do your rankings?

Because my understanding of a big board is the most valuable player to the least.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Clyde, what am I missing? You've repeatedly said that an OG should NEVER be picked in the 1st round under any circumstances. However, you've got 2 OGs in your top 15 overall players in NCAA. What does your list mean? How do you do your rankings?

Because my understanding of a big board is the most valuable player to the least.

It has more to do with the talent in this draft than anything else. I just can't find 15 players that are better than Warmack and DeCastro. When it comes down to it, though, I wouldn't take either of them until the late twenties / early first round.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It has more to do with the talent in this draft than anything else. I just can't find 15 players that are better than Warmack and DeCastro. When it comes down to it, though, I wouldn't take either of them until the late twenties / early first round.

You can't find better players than them, but you'd take a lesser player ahead of them?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't find better players than them, but you'd take a lesser player ahead of them?

Sure. For example, Chance Warmack is better prospect at his position than Mohamed Sanu, but I'm taking Sanu over him for the 49ers. I also have two RBs in the top-10 prospects, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'd take both of them in the top-10.

Why's that so hard to understand? I really don't want to get into this again.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not asking but a friend is, my friend wants to know if either of them would be ideal or good RGs????

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not asking but a friend is, my friend wants to know if either of them would be ideal or good RGs????

Absolutely. I wouldn't have them so high if I didn't think they can play multiple positions on the OL.

I see what you did there by the way. :wink:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sure. For example, Chance Warmack is better prospect at his position than Mohamed Sanu, but I'm taking Sanu over him for the 49ers. I also have two RBs in the top-10 prospects, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'd take both of them in the top-10.

Why's that so hard to understand? I really don't want to get into this again.

Oh sorry Deep, I didn't know clarifying what you said gets you upset...

So that's your big board for the 49ers, but if you were another team who needed an OG & didn't need a WR you'd take Warmack over Sanu even if it were in the 20's?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sorry Deep, I didn't know clarifying what you said gets you upset...

So that's your big board for the 49ers, but if you were another team who needed an OG & didn't need a WR you'd take Warmack over Sanu even if it were in the 20's?

No, not my big board for the 49ers. My top-15 players for the draft up to this point. Doesn't mean I think those are the 15 players that I think should go in the top-15.

Sure, if I had no other glaring needs, I'd take Warmack. But that rarely happens.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an example, if Morris Claiborne and Chance Warmack were available to me in the twenties, I'm taking Claiborne, even if I think Warmack is the better player.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok, so you & I have different criteria when it comes to a big board. My big board is like this:

Best Value Available

My 49ers Big Board would go like this:

Best Value available / Need

I take BVA unless there's no need and try to trade out of the spot either up or down if the BVA isn't a need.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so you & I have different criteria when it comes to a big board. My big board is like this:

Best Value Available

My 49ers Big Board would go like this:

Best Value available / Need

I take BVA unless there's no need and try to trade out of the spot either up or down if the BVA isn't a need.

Absolutely. If I were making the 49ers big board I'd definitely include positional value. But this is just the top-15 players in the draft overall. The two are mutually exclusive.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Absolutely. If I were making the 49ers big board I'd definitely include positional value. But this is just the top-15 players in the draft overall. The two are mutually exclusive.

Is this the first time in... say... the last 5 years you've had an OG in the top 32?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My midseason top-15. This was REALLY hard to do.

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Matt Kalil, OT, USC
3. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St.
4. Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall
5. Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia
6. Ronnie Hillman, RB, SDSU
7. Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama
8. Barrett Jones, OT, Alabama
9. Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
10. Casey Heyward, CB, Vanderbilt
11. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
12. Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
13. Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma St.
14. David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
15. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

As usual, completely different from Kiper's and Scout's Inc.

Looks like you found some guys you like in this CB class. Have you changed your opinion on this CB class or just Minnifield and Heyward?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is gonna be left for our first round pick that is actually worthy of that spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.