• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East camp updates!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just plain wrong, but if you want to believe Dallas has more OL depth than Philly, well, we shall see what happens this season.

Wis started at LG in the Super Bowl, not C, but has started at both positions in the NFL. Seumalo, the current LG, also plays C and is now the likely backup center. But...they have so much depth they didn't need Wis. It's actually a sign of how deep they are that they cut a guy like this!
I'd say Eagles the best OL in the NFL if Brooks is back and healthy for week 1. Dallas has the potential to be better because they have more talent but need to prove they are healthy and LG is solidified.

I liked this kid. Surprised they cut him. Bet someone else grabs him

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will likely be a practice squad guy. The reason Wis got cut and Opeta couldn't make the back end of the roster is they kept Stanford undrafted free agent Nate Herbig. He is a guard nicknamed "Big Island" but they also had him play center in preseason. And I guess they saw more upside in him. Herbig may wind up on the practice squad later though if guys like CB Jalen Mills come off PUP. Bit of a surprise they cut the Army OT guy, Toth, but he barely had a cup of coffee with Philly and is a developmental prospect.

Offensive line (10)

Jason Kelce, Brandon Brooks, Isaac Seumalo, Lane Johnson, Jason Peters, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Andre Dillard, Matt Pryor, Jordan Mailata and Nate Herbig.

No real surprises here. After seeing how well Herbig (who was signed as a guard after going undrafted out of Stanford) played center when thrust into that position for the first time, the only logical conclusion was that Stefen Wisniewski was in trouble. He was, and now he’s a free agent.

Tackle Brett Toth is essentially a lock for the practice squad if he clears waivers.

Breaking down the Eagles’ roster, position by position

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone puts Opeta on the 53

Toth was a red shirt. Never a chance to play this year. Who knows what he may be. I suspect not much but worth the PS spot to find out for sure

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but it is a risk putting him on waivers. I could see him getting claimed by the Texans or some other OT desperate team. Texans still need depth help even after Tunsil.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The area where I worry about Philly's talent and depth is LB, FYI.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a complete stud, is waaaaay better then who you drafted and you also need a TE. I saw some mocks having him a 1st round pick. Why are you tumbling into the lying. That kid is gonna be a star

If he was on another team I would say he could be a stud TE1 but being on the Eagles he'll be just a good TE2. He won't register enough targets to become that stud.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dallas Goedert has a chance to be very good, and will be used more this season. But he hasn't done it yet. It's speculation to predict he will become a star. He may never get the opportunity until Ertz slows down, which won't be for another 4 or so years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The area where I worry about Philly's talent and depth is LB, FYI.
They should have gotten Alonso back. Would have helped for the first month

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dallas Goedert has a chance to be very good, and will be used more this season. But he hasn't done it yet. It's speculation to predict he will become a star. He may never get the opportunity until Ertz slows down, which won't be for another 4 or so years.
I agree. He will never be Ertz in the passing game, but he is a way better blocker. TBH if I were Philly I'd let Ertz run out of the tunnel and get his name announced as starter and then sit him on some early downs because he sucks as a blocker but is an incredible receiving threat. Why wear him out asking him to do things he isn't very good at

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was quick :D

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised. They had to know that was possible. I think he may develop into a starting offensive lineman, but he needs time.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was on another team I would say he could be a stud TE1 but being on the Eagles he'll be just a good TE2. He won't register enough targets to become that stud.

That has to do with us just having a lot of options. He’s a great blocker and that’s very important alone. He will make plays and the NFL will find out who he is

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn’t very good in his time here
No he wasn't, but you may be down two Starting LBs for the beginning of the season. I thought he would be a good guy to start the year with

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he wasn't, but you may be down two Starting LBs for the beginning of the season. I thought he would be a good guy to start the year with

You know, I agree with the Eagles lack of interest at LBer to an extent... but it seems like they really don’t care. Dallas has a luxury of riches at the position and I think it’s time for Philly to maybe invest just a little. But it really does seem like an organizational motto, “Who cares about LBers”.

And completely off topic but it seems really really hard these days to find excellent Corners. Tough position to nail.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I agree with the Eagles lack of interest at LBer to an extent... but it seems like they really don’t care. Dallas has a luxury of riches at the position and I think it’s time for Philly to maybe invest just a little. But it really does seem like an organizational motto, “Who cares about LBers”.

And completely off topic but it seems really really hard these days to find excellent Corners. Tough position to nail.
Not so sure about that. Didn't they have a crap load of LBers just a few years ago. Alonso, Ryans, Kendricks and drafted Hicks on day two