• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East camp updates!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure about that. Didn't they have a crap load of LBers just a few years ago. Alonso, Ryans, Kendricks and drafted Hicks on day two

Yeah but they just don’t use a lot of picks accumulating them. Most of them were brought in during the Chip Kelly days and he was a LBer guy and ran the 3-4. Alonso they traded after one year, Hicks was a 3rd round pick by Chip who I thought was very underrated and Kendrick’s was one of the two 2nd round LBers we picked over the last 1/4 century. I think Reid brought in Demeco but they gave up a 4th for him... and he was a really good player for a bit. This current regime (post Kelly) seems to have little interest. In the last 4 drafts we drafted ONE LBer and he was in the 7th round 4 years ago.

If you take out the Kelly debacle our 1st round picks in descending order have been OLine, DLine, QB, OLine, DLine, OLine, DLine, WR, DLine, DLine, DLine, OLine, DLIne, CB, WR, DLine, QB, OLine, DLine, OLine, DLine, OLine, OLine, OLine.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has to do with us just having a lot of options. He’s a great blocker and that’s very important alone. He will make plays and the NFL will find out who he is

A lot of TE2s are good blockers and he's a good player but won't make enough plays to be considered a stud player. Like you said, too many other options. On another team, yes I think he could be that stud TE1.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of TE2s are good blockers and he's a good player but won't make enough plays to be considered a stud player. Like you said, too many other options. On another team, yes I think he could be that stud TE1.

Alshon, Desean, Agholor, Ertz caught 115 balls, Jordan Howard/Miles Sanders... Lot of people wanting their taste. He will be on the field a lot though cause he isn’t a backup TE in the traditional sense. He can block but he really does have great hands. He won’t come close to 70 catches but I know the Eagles want to get him involved and be an Aaron Hernandez type to Ertz.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon, Desean, Agholor, Ertz caught 115 balls, Jordan Howard/Miles Sanders... Lot of people wanting their taste. He will be on the field a lot though cause he isn’t a backup TE in the traditional sense. He can block but he really does have great hands. He won’t come close to 70 catches but I know the Eagles want to get him involved and be an Aaron Hernandez type to Ertz.
Smart move. You protected yourself from a lot of "bumps" with that line.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll be more relied on his run blocking than anything as I'm thinking Doug goes to the ground game a little more often to try and keep Wentz from getting battered. Let's see how he does so i'll go with 40 catches/450yds/4TDs.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move. You protected yourself from a lot of "bumps" with that line.

Not at all. He’s gonna make plenty of big plays. But there is too much talent spread around. I’m not backing off on thinking he is special. He’s gonna make big plays this season.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fordman84 @Manster7588

Another thing that just popped into my head about you guys being critical of the Goedert selection is that previous year we had 3 really good TEs in Ertz, Celek and Trey Burton. We lost Celek (he retired) and Trey Burton signed a big money FA deal with Chicago. We really n the 2 TE set so we did have a hole at that position

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fordman84 @Manster7588

Another thing that just popped into my head about you guys being critical of the Goedert selection is that previous year we had 3 really good TEs in Ertz, Celek and Trey Burton. We lost Celek (he retired) and Trey Burton signed a big money FA deal with Chicago. We really n the 2 TE set so we did have a hole at that position

Sounds like drafting for need, to me.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fordman84 @Manster7588

Needing a TE is one thing but taking one in the 2nd with Ertz on the roster is a questionable move no matter how homer you go, especially considering the Eagles traded up to take him.
Try stepping away and look at it from a non Eagles fan perspective. Odds are you could have gotten him with you pick pre trade, and if not you could have gotten DB or RB help that was more of a need.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s also worth noting that the Eagles only drafted 5 players in 2018 and didn’t have a 1st round pick. They traded away a later round pick to MOVE UP and get this guy. That means he was the FIRST player the eagles selected in the 2018 draft. How did the Eagles do that year? Well, their SB winning team was on its way to missing the playoffs till they finally sat Wentz in favor of Foles. To me, this demonstrates that they had more pressing needs than a number 2 TE yet they gave up a later round pick to move up and get him.

It’s all good though. All I’ve been hearing is Wentz is now healthy, the team is loaded and now Goedert is gonna be a “stud” and do “special things this year”. That means no more excuses. No more reasons why the Eagles shouldn’t win.

We’ll see...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s also worth noting that the Eagles only drafted 5 players in 2018 and didn’t have a 1st round pick. They traded away a later round pick to MOVE UP and get this guy. That means he was the FIRST player the eagles selected in the 2018 draft. How did the Eagles do that year? Well, their SB winning team was on its way to missing the playoffs till they finally sat Wentz in favor of Foles. To me, this demonstrates that they had more pressing needs than a number 2 TE yet they gave up a later round pick to move up and get him.

It’s all good though. All I’ve been hearing is Wentz is now healthy, the team is loaded and now Goedert is gonna be a “stud” and do “special things this year”. That means no more excuses. No more reasons why the Eagles shouldn’t win.

We’ll see...
Oh. I am sure there will be reasons why the Eagles didnt win. You underestimate him if you think he wont find an excuse.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like drafting for need, to me.

So you criticize either way. You said they didn’t need a TE and should have gone depth. Then when I say it dawned on me we needed him too you criticize that. So you are just going to criticize Philly no matter what they do.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Eagles management it was drafting out of fear.

Explain how landing a potential star who some had being a top 20 pick is drafting out of fear. This proves to me you and Ford refuse to be objective. First you criticize them for taking a position they don’t need. Then you find out the actually did need a TE and you criticize that side too. I thought we could be honest but I guess your MO is just to say anything Philly does was stupid.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you criticize either way. You said they didn’t need a TE and should have gone depth. Then when I say it dawned on me we needed him too you criticize that. So you are just going to criticize Philly no matter what they do.

He wasn’t criticizing Philly... he was criticizing you.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. I am sure there will be reasons why the Eagles didnt win. You underestimate him if you think he wont find an excuse.

Remember I said I’m tired of people just making complete bill shit up and attributing it to me. I can be highly critical of the Eagles. They aren’t the perfect team. Do I love Wentz? Sure. Do I think Goedert can be a top TE? Sure. But I see plenty of issues and have always been critical of the Eagles. That’s just a complete lie you made up. I don’t even think the Eagles are a lock to win the division. Dallas is a loaded team and can make a deep run. Philly has a lot of good players but there are several issues and unknowns. We have about 5 OK CBs but not one good one. Our LB group looks to be the worst in the NFL. We have one good Guard and a question at the other spot. Unfortunately our good G tore his Achilles. Jordan Howard has regressed every year. Will he bounce back? I don’t know. The rookie RB looked good in camp but I’ve heard that a million times. I think we have the 2nd best young QB in the NFL who seems to get hurt every year. A ton of unknowns.

But you to call me a blind homer is bull. I actually think Dallas is a SB contender but look what Ford and Manster say about the Eagles. Every move they made is stupid according to them... but I’m the blind homer, right?

Something about “swinging” and “nuts”?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We’ll see...

15 yards away from going to the NFC Championships and you criticize the team. Brilliant.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ people trying to criticize drafting Goedert. He's a beast. Eagles made a great move taking him where he was at. If he didn't go to South Dakota for college he would have been taken in the 1st round. The two best TEs in the NFC East play on the Eagles, having great players is never a bad thing.