• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East camp updates!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Steve Wisniewski who started in a Super Bowl.

If you think Philly lacks depth on the o-line, well--find me a single team with more depth on the o-line. I will wait.
You think Wisnewski is a viable option at Center?

As for more depth...Dallas.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love a "fan" who thinks someone who was cut from the team in the last 24 hours is a "viable backup center". :pound:

Tim McManus ESPN Staff Writer

The Eagles made the following moves to get the roster to 53: Placed CB Jalen Mills on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform Released the following player: G/C Stefen Wisniewski

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love a "fan" who thinks someone who was cut from the team in the last 24 hours is a "viable backup center". :pound:

Tim McManus ESPN Staff Writer

The Eagles made the following moves to get the roster to 53: Placed CB Jalen Mills on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform Released the following player: G/C Stefen Wisniewski
Wait a minute, Wisniewski is the prior Superbowl Center and 2019 backup C.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute, Wisniewski is the prior Superbowl Center and 2019 backup C.
Deepest OL in the NFL, doesn't have a backup C on the roster. Will be trolling the cut downs to find one...but he's waiting to hear who has a deeper line than Philly.

The clown show continues.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deepest OL in the NFL, doesn't have a backup C on the roster. Will be trolling the cut downs to find one...but he's waiting to hear who has a deeper line than Philly.

The clown show continues.

I think Koys older brother post here too.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Koys older brother post here too.
Do they take turns sharing a brain? "Hey, my turn to post on the Hoop, you take this and be productive elsewhere."

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much, drafted to get cute and now are paying for it with a lack of depth. That's all I have said all along. I never said they should have taken Williams. I said they should have taken a C, or LB, or DL considering those are all spots they don't have any depth and injuries are impacting them.

THey dont have depth at DLine? We are the deepest DLine in the NFL. So we should have taken a backup Center?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the point
big fucking deal...philly has a good back up TE who see's the field for 15 snaps on a good day

Absolutely and competely wrong. We run a two TE set. 15 snaps. YOu really know your Eagles.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not even close. We have 2 tackles that would start for most teams in the league on the bench. We are overloaded with depth on OLine. So completely not true.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly reached and drafted a position they already had, Dallas wasn't going to. Dallas has OL depth, and Eagles don't. Nor do you have LB depth. or DL depth. Or QB depth.

But you have a good backup TE. Congrats.

How did we reach on a guy many had going in the first round? It was the exact opposite of a reach.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote the fucking post then! you keep saying I said that, QUOTE IT.

yeah, I'm tired of this bullshit lying about what I said. Really funny since in post 254 your were complaining about others putting words in your mouth. This is the third or fourth time you have claimed I said Philly should have drafted Williams. yet you won't quote it, because it doesn't exist. But here you are perpetuating the fucking LIE.

You know what Ford. I totally though you said the Eagles should have taken Williams but I was wrong. I apologize for that.
But this nonsense that Philly reached is exactly that... "Nonsense". It has been said a million times before and it will be said a million times again. You draft "best player" not "need". People are absolutely raving about this kid and he isnt a backup TE in the traditional sense. He will be on the field with Ertz a ton this year. He is already a fantastic blocker and has great hands, speed and athletic ability. For you to troll Philly for picking up someone who looks like his is going to be a star is bizarre to me. He's a damn good player already and has superstar potential and you're telling me thats a bad pick? Neither of us know but maybe the Eagles had a top 10 player grade on him. Do you pass on someone you think is elite to pick a player that you have rated much lower? No.

Also I think you need to read up on the Eagles.
1. They have an absolute ton of OLine and DLine depth. You couldnt be more wrong.

2. Do they have depth at LBer? Nope but the Eagles simply dont value the position. They havent drafted a LBer in round one in 40 years and have only drafted 2 in the 2nd over that time. Just a position that the Eagles will never invest in. The focus on OLine and DLine in round one. Marcus Smith was drafted in the 1st but he was a stand up OLB in the 3-4. But its been 40 years exactly since we drafted a LBer high.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what Ford. I totally though you said the Eagles should have taken Williams but I was wrong. I apologize for that.
But this nonsense that Philly reached is exactly that... "Nonsense". It has been said a million times before and it will be said a million times again. You draft "best player" not "need". People are absolutely raving about this kid and he isnt a backup TE in the traditional sense. He will be on the field with Ertz a ton this year. He is already a fantastic blocker and has great hands, speed and athletic ability. For you to troll Philly for picking up someone who looks like his is going to be a star is bizarre to me. He's a damn good player already and has superstar potential and you're telling me thats a bad pick? Neither of us know but maybe the Eagles had a top 10 player grade on him. Do you pass on someone you think is elite to pick a player that you have rated much lower? No.

1. They have an absolute ton of OLine and DLine depth. You couldnt be more wrong.

2. Do they have depth at LBer? Nope but the Eagles simply dont value the position. They havent drafted a LBer in round one in 40 years and have only drafted 2 in the 2nd over that time. Just a position that the Eagles will never invest in. The focus on OLine and DLine in round one. Marcus Smith was drafted in the 1st but he was a stand up OLB in the 3-4. But its been 40 years exactly since we drafted a LBer high.

Any time an apology is followed with the word “but” it isn’t really an apology

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you for clearing up the Eagles need to draft Williams thing.

As for the depth, I think you are the one that needs to read up. Even your own fans here on the Hoop don't agree that you "have the deepest DL in the NFL". You don't even have a backup C on the roster and will be picking one up on off the trash heap. I stand by my opinion that you didn't need another TE and that pick could have been better used. In the 2nd round there are still enough guys sitting there to still get the BPA at the position. I believe you are one of the proponents of not drafting C's and G's in the 1st, so 2nd would have been a natural spot to get one. Williams now has a year under his belt and I fully expect by the end of the season to be talking about how he is a top G even though we will be moving him to T next season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen Jarntt I don’t see why you keep missing this. Ford says Goedert was a reach and we should have drafted Williams. Go read the damn post. I was saying Goedert is the better player and Williams struggled last year. That is directly addressing what Ford said and you keep saying “Wrong”. I don’t know how else to explain it to you. I was one million percent addressing Ford saying we should have drafted Williams and Goedert was a reach.

You are taking on a completely different point then me. I’m saying if I told you Zeke was a reach at pick 4 and he was really a 3rd round talent you’d say I was full of shit. Just like Ford saying Goedert was a 4th round talent is complete nonsense. Got it?
Last try

Ford didn't say you should have drafted Williams.

You basically laid out for a few pages that Goedert is excellent and Williams is bad. If you would have said "Williams struggled last year" I would have never commented but that wasn't your angle.

This one I'll quote my last response verbatim because I can't lay it out any clearer. Just carefully read it and please tell me you understand why it isn't the same thing. You should have used a different player as your "example" because you always go to extremes and that is why your arguments oftentimes don't make sense.

"You think saying that a player that a team picked in the middle of the second round was a 3rd or 4th round talent and saying the 4th pick in the entire draft was a 4th round talent are the same thing? Really? Think about that one. The fact is if Philly passed on Goedert he may have been picked right after the Cowboys or there is also absolutely a chance he could have fallen 15 picks into the 3rd round. There is no chance, NO CHANCE Zeke falls to the 4th round. None."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely and competely wrong. We run a two TE set. 15 snaps. YOu really know your Eagles.
I was surprised to read that he played less than half of the snaps. Ertz played over 90%.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that Cox's availability was in question for week 1.

FLETCHER COX
DL, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Eagles executive VP Howie Roseman confirmed DT Fletcher Cox (foot) is on track for Week 1 against the Redskins.
Coach Doug Pederson expressed a similar sentiment last week, telling reporters he was "confident" Cox would be back in uniform for the opener. Backup DT Treyvon Hester was ousted during Saturday's roster cuts, another sign that Cox is nearing the finish line in his recovery from offseason foot surgery. Named a first-team All-Pro selection in 2018, Cox remains one of the league's better interior defenders when healthy.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's just plain wrong, but if you want to believe Dallas has more OL depth than Philly, well, we shall see what happens this season.

Wis started at LG in the Super Bowl, not C, but has started at both positions in the NFL. Seumalo, the current LG, also plays C and is now the likely backup center. But...they have so much depth they didn't need Wis. It's actually a sign of how deep they are that they cut a guy like this!