• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East camp updates!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand what you don’t get. Ford said the Eagles were stupid and reached for a 3rd to 4th round TE when they should have taken your G. I reply that Goedert is an emerging star and Williams struggled year one. You telling me that has nothing to do with my argument with Ford. I’m so stunned and dumbfounded I don’t even know how to respond to you. That is 1,000,000,000 percent everything to do with what Ford said.

The Zeke thing makes perfect sense. Goedert went round 2 and Ford said we reached for a 4th rounder. Then I said that’s exactly like me saying you reached for Zeke and he’s a 3rd round running back. Fucking identical comparison. I have notoriously jumped the gun with you over the years but this time you’re the one not reading.

I never said you should have taken Williams. I said the Eagles got cute and tried to outsmart Dallas. Everyone knows it, the Eagles thought "Dallas is panicking after the first day when Witten is retiring" so the Eagles took the best TE available. They were wrong, Dallas has been building their lines in the draft. No one thinks Zeke would have lasted to the 3rd round. TE's routinely slip to the 3rd round.

I find it funny that a guy who is forced at the last minute into a starting role and does ok is "struggling" but a backup TE who put up equal stats to our TE who you say is so bad we desperately need a new one is considered an "emerging star".

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you found two people in the entire world that back your claim. and only one of them is a Philly homer/former employee.

Want 25 more Mr. 4th round pick? And what does a pre draft pick have to do with them being a Philly homer. He made this mock before the draft and had no idea Goedert would go to Philly. You really do see that accusation makes ZERO sense.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you should have taken Williams. I said the Eagles got cute and tried to outsmart Dallas. Everyone knows it, the Eagles thought "Dallas is panicking after the first day when Witten is retiring" so the Eagles took the best TE available. They were wrong, Dallas has been building their lines in the draft. No one thinks Zeke would have lasted to the 3rd round. TE's routinely slip to the 3rd round.

I find it funny that a guy who is forced at the last minute into a starting role and does ok is "struggling" but a backup TE who put up equal stats to our TE who you say is so bad we desperately need a new one is considered an "emerging star".

He is considered an emerging star and was one of the top blocking TEs already. That entire story about Philly thinking Dallas was panicking is ridiculous. We just knew Dallas was really weak at TE and might take someone we really wanted. The rest is just a made up fantasy.And yes, no one thought Zeke was a 3rd rounder just as no one thought Goedert was a 3rd or 4th rounder. Most thought he was a 1st round pick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand what you don’t get. Ford said the Eagles were stupid and reached for a 3rd to 4th round TE when they should have taken your G. I reply that Goedert is an emerging star and Williams struggled year one. You telling me that has nothing to do with my argument with Ford. I’m so stunned and dumbfounded I don’t even know how to respond to you. That is 1,000,000,000 percent everything to do with what Ford said.

The Zeke thing makes perfect sense. Goedert went round 2 and Ford said we reached for a 4th rounder. Then I said that’s exactly like me saying you reached for Zeke and he’s a 3rd round running back. Fucking identical comparison. I have notoriously jumped the gun with you over the years but this time you’re the one not reading.
Wrong. You didn't say that at all you trashed Williams for two pages.

You said before that your argument was that Goedert wasn't a bad pick or 3rd or 4th round talent. So you think that justifies you then spending two pages trashing Williams and pretending that you knew Goedert was excellent and Williams was mediocre. And you don't get my point?

You think saying that a player that a team picked in the middle of the second round was a 3rd or 4th round talent and saying the 4th pick in the entire draft was a 4th round talent are the same thing? Really? Think about that one. The fact is if Philly passed on Goedert he may have been picked right after the Cowboys or there is also absolutely a chance he could have fallen 15 picks into the 3rd round. There is no chance, NO CHANCE Zeke falls to the 4th round. None.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is considered an emerging star and was one of the top blocking TEs already. That entire story about Philly thinking Dallas was panicking is ridiculous. We just knew Dallas was really weak at TE and might take someone we really wanted. The rest is just a made up fantasy.And yes, no one thought Zeke was a 3rd rounder just as no one thought Goedert was a 3rd or 4th rounder. Most thought he was a 1st round pick.
Glad to hear you say that because it was mostly Philly fans high fiving each other thinking they pulled one over one Dallas when in reality Dallas let out a sigh of relief and had the OL coach in the room getting ready to speak to the kid they wanted and got on the phone.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. You didn't say that at all you trashed Williams for two pages.

You said before that your argument was that Goedert wasn't a bad pick or 3rd or 4th round talent. So you think that justifies you then spending two pages trashing Williams and pretending that you knew Goedert was excellent and Williams was mediocre. And you don't get my point?

You think saying that a player that a team picked in the middle of the second round was a 3rd or 4th round talent and saying the 4th pick in the entire draft was a 4th round talent are the same thing? Really? Think about that one. The fact is if Philly passed on Goedert he may have been picked right after the Cowboys or there is also absolutely a chance he could have fallen 15 picks into the 3rd round. There is no chance, NO CHANCE Zeke falls to the 4th round. None.

Listen Jarntt I don’t see why you keep missing this. Ford says Goedert was a reach and we should have drafted Williams. Go read the damn post. I was saying Goedert is the better player and Williams struggled last year. That is directly addressing what Ford said and you keep saying “Wrong”. I don’t know how else to explain it to you. I was one million percent addressing Ford saying we should have drafted Williams and Goedert was a reach.

You are taking on a completely different point then me. I’m saying if I told you Zeke was a reach at pick 4 and he was really a 3rd round talent you’d say I was full of shit. Just like Ford saying Goedert was a 4th round talent is complete nonsense. Got it?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear you say that because it was mostly Philly fans high fiving each other thinking they pulled one over one Dallas when in reality Dallas let out a sigh of relief and had the OL coach in the room getting ready to speak to the kid they wanted and got on the phone.

So they say. None of us really know because everyone lies. Dallas did need a TE and still do and I think they just missed on a kid that many think are going to be a star. The truth is Williams might turn out to be really good but he looked really bad at times last year. Doesn’t mean the book is written on his career but I think you should be correcting Ford and not me. Dallas Goedert would be a humongous upgrade in Dallas but I do understand Dallas really values OLine. But you coming after me and completely ignoring the stupidity Ford was spewing in baffling.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want 25 more Mr. 4th round pick? And what does a pre draft pick have to do with them being a Philly homer. He made this mock before the draft and had no idea Goedert would go to Philly. You really do see that accusation makes ZERO sense.

Philly reached and drafted a position they already had, Dallas wasn't going to. Dallas has OL depth, and Eagles don't. Nor do you have LB depth. or DL depth. Or QB depth.

But you have a good backup TE. Congrats.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it was. Revisionist history here, nothing more.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen Jarntt I don’t see why you keep missing this. Ford says Goedert was a reach and we should have drafted Williams. Go read the damn post. I was saying Goedert is the better player and Williams struggled last year. That is directly addressing what Ford said and you keep saying “Wrong”. I don’t know how else to explain it to you. I was one million percent addressing Ford saying we should have drafted Williams and Goedert was a reach.

You are taking on a completely different point then me. I’m saying if I told you Zeke was a reach at pick 4 and he was really a 3rd round talent you’d say I was full of shit. Just like Ford saying Goedert was a 4th round talent is complete nonsense. Got it?
Quote the fucking post then! you keep saying I said that, QUOTE IT.

yeah, I'm tired of this bullshit lying about what I said. Really funny since in post 254 your were complaining about others putting words in your mouth. This is the third or fourth time you have claimed I said Philly should have drafted Williams. yet you won't quote it, because it doesn't exist. But here you are perpetuating the fucking LIE.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they say. None of us really know because everyone lies. Dallas did need a TE and still do and I think they just missed on a kid that many think are going to be a star. The truth is Williams might turn out to be really good but he looked really bad at times last year. Doesn’t mean the book is written on his career but I think you should be correcting Ford and not me. Dallas Goedert would be a humongous upgrade in Dallas but I do understand Dallas really values OLine. But you coming after me and completely ignoring the stupidity Ford was spewing in baffling.

Oh bullshit. You don't even know what I said, but you know it was stupidity? :L

Give me a goddamn break.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote the fucking post then! you keep saying I said that, QUOTE IT.
shit head can't...makes shit up all the time and just took the opportunity to trash Dallas's pick

bottom line....Dallas wasn't looking at TE and philly drafted a back up in the 2nd round
End of Story!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the point
big fucking deal...philly has a good back up TE who see's the field for 15 snaps on a good day
But that makes him an "emerging star" as opposed to our rushed to duty starting OG who by the end of the season was dominating who is "mediocre"

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit head can't...makes shit up all the time and just took the opportunity to trash Dallas's pick

bottom line....Dallas wasn't looking at TE and philly drafted a back up in the 2nd round
End of Story!
Pretty much, drafted to get cute and now are paying for it with a lack of depth. That's all I have said all along. I never said they should have taken Williams. I said they should have taken a C, or LB, or DL considering those are all spots they don't have any depth and injuries are impacting them.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait, the Eagles don't have offensive line depth?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Steve Wisniewski who started in a Super Bowl.

If you think Philly lacks depth on the o-line, well--find me a single team with more depth on the o-line. I will wait.