• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East camp updates!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you pick best player. You saying they should skip on a 1st round talent and, hypothetically, take a CB or LB who they had a 4th round grade on. THe worst teams in the league draft need. The best draft best player.

So Seattle's a bad team but they drafted for need?
Like you said, no one knows what's on their draft board but I'm sure they had second round grades on defensive players that could have helped.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning teams do draft for need as every team has holes to fill. Goedert might become a very good player down the line but I think stopping the opposing teams offense is more important than a TE2.

I majorly disagree. THats why Portland took Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. They needed a Center but had Clyde Drexler.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Seattle's a bad team but they drafted for need?
Like you said, no one knows what's on their draft board but I'm sure they had second round grades on defensive players that could have helped.

I didnt say Seattle was a bad team. THey needed a RB last year and look what happened when they drafted for need. But like I said... maybe the Eagles did have 2nd round grades on CBs and LBs but maybe they had a top 10 grade on Goedert. Seattle drafts well historically and I can guarantee they typically draft best player.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well, clearly the rest of us are playing for a WC spot
giphy.gif

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wreck of linebackers? Eagles have never put a heavy value into linebackers but there is no issue with the ones we have. We won a Super Bowl with this level of linebackers two years ago but now we wouldn't be able to? What?

And our secondary is in good shape. Better shape than it was in 2017 and more importantly better shape than it was for much of last year.

When a successful franchise is drafting, the position of need is the best player on the board.

@PhoenixEagles1 says the LBs could be one of the worst in the NFL and I have to agree with him. The secondary is average at best. Red flags have been on them since beating the Pats in the SB

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is so locked in on Ertz is laughable. Take away Ertz and Wentz panics.

That is the pretty much the token thing to say for someone who didn't really watch the Eagles at all last year. Nick Foles targeted Ertz just as much. That was a product of how our offense had to function last year when there was no viable deep threat on the team when Wallace went down on IR in week 2.

I love that the season starts in less than one week. All this nonsensical Wentz hate is going to be shut up with an incoming historic season.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you ever stop and ask yourself why you fight with me and everyone here while posters like @Roy Munson and @knowyourenemy dont meltdown like you?

You wanna know one of the best indicator that you have mental health issues? You are in constant conflict with several different people and you blame ALL of them for the conflict and all the while it is you who is melting down.

Go ask your therapist about that

This place is better if you're just here for the laughs.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@PhoenixEagles1 says the LBs could be one of the worst in the NFL and I have to agree with him. The secondary is average at best. Red flags have been on them since beating the Pats in the SB

We do need a lead CB but most teams seem to also. We put a tremendous priority on DLine and thats why they usually have one of the best. Id love to have a Wagner but we just dont value the position like we do DLine and OLine.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt say Seattle was a bad team. THey needed a RB last year and look what happened when they drafted for need. But like I said... maybe the Eagles did have 2nd round grades on CBs and LBs but maybe they had a top 10 grade on Goedert. Seattle drafts well historically and I can guarantee they typically draft best player.

I'm not saying it's a bad pick I just question if it was the right move considering the help needed on defense.
Seattle drafts players that fit their scheme, that's why the so called experts rank their drafts a C or worse.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you pick best player. You saying they should skip on a 1st round talent and, hypothetically, take a CB or LB who they had a 4th round grade on. THe worst teams in the league draft need. The best draft best player.

If that’s the case you can trade down and accumulate picks especially in a draft where they had so few. Instead they gave away a pick to move up to get a guy who had 334 reception yards.

That’s brilliant?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well, clearly the rest of us are playing for a WC spot

Dallas is a loaded team and have everything they need to win the division and go much further. I also think Philly is a damn good team so thats why they play the games.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the pretty much the token thing to say for someone who didn't really watch the Eagles at all last year. Nick Foles targeted Ertz just as much. That was a product of how our offense had to function last year when there was no viable deep threat on the team when Wallace went down on IR in week 2.

I love that the season starts in less than one week. All this nonsensical Wentz hate is going to be shut up with an incoming historic season.

Bookmarking this.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying it's a bad pick I just question if it was the right move considering the help needed on defense.
Seattle drafts players that fit their scheme, that's why the so called experts rank their drafts a C or worse.

Another thing I find quite funny around here is Chip Kelly executed this team. In a few short years they built a SB winning team with a young franchise QB, very good OLine and DLine. We win the SB, our GM wins executive of the year and months later he takes a TE who looks like he is a perfect fit for our two TE scheme and possibly a potential star and all the Cowboy fans say... "What a stupid pick". Hilarious.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do need a lead CB but most teams seem to also. We put a tremendous priority on DLine and thats why they usually have one of the best. Id love to have a Wagner but we just dont value the position like we do DLine and OLine.

I know Howie values the lines but at some point he has to help out the line and draft some solid players behind that d-line.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.
Eagles are on the clock.
BPA is a QB.

Do they take the QB in the 2nd rd?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Howie values the lines but at some point he has to help out the line and draft some solid players behind that d-line.
Just about every dominate Defense. Has a top front 7.