• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East camp updates!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I criticized for the Eagles drafting a second TE instead of a position they actually had depth issues, and all just to troll Dallas.

I highly doubt the SB champs would waste a pick just to troll a team. And they did have depth issues at TE. THey had just lost two really good TE's in Burton and Celek. That went from being stacked at TE to having only one. What made it even more sensible is the two TE scheme they run. So it was a need pick, a scheme pick and is also looking like it might be a pick they absolutely nailed.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Goedert and think he was a good pick and going to be really good this year. But if teams thought he was a first round talent he would have been picked in the first round.
he was the 3rd TE taken in that draft. So they had 3 TEs (at least) graded as 1st round? Even though only one was taken in the Late 1st.
Honestly sounds like he went in the 2nd only because of a team needing a TE would have known he probably would have been gone earlier in the 3rd before they drafted in the 3rd. So pull the trigger early (if the eagles didnt trade up for him)
So I doubt he was considered 1st round talent, if the 2nd round was early for him.
I agree I think he is/will be a good TE. Over Exaggerating his draft status however is silly.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was the 3rd TE taken in that draft. So they had 3 TEs (at least) graded as 1st round? Even though only one was taken in the Late 1st.
Honestly sounds like he went in the 2nd only because of a team needing a TE would have known he probably would have been gone earlier in the 3rd before they drafted in the 3rd. So pull the trigger early (if the eagles didnt trade up for him)
So I doubt he was considered 1st round talent, if the 2nd round was early for him.
I agree I think he is/will be a good TE. Over Exaggerating his draft status however is silly.

I can post several mock drafts having him as a 1st round pick which many considered him to be. Ive seen him as high as 16. No one is over exaggerating his draft status.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually worked out well cause RG3 got hurt and Cousins for a 4th was great value.
well cant argue they got value out of their 4th.
but the question is using a 2nd. (after committing long term to your future QB)
Point is.
There are times you dont just blindly pick up the BPA.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I find quite funny around here is Chip Kelly executed this team. In a few short years they built a SB winning team with a young franchise QB, very good OLine and DLine. We win the SB, our GM wins executive of the year and months later he takes a TE who looks like he is a perfect fit for our two TE scheme and possibly a potential star and all the Cowboy fans say... "What a stupid pick". Hilarious.
Again the sensationalism. 2 = all

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can post several mock drafts having him as a 1st round pick which many considered him to be. Ive seen him as high as 16. No one is over exaggerating his draft status.
you should then find some, where Andrews was considered ahead of him. Who didnt go until late 3rd.
1st TE taken went 25th. He was the 3rd TE taken. He obviously wasnt considered 1st rd. its not like he barely fell into the 2nd round. its not like he had an injury or something to drop his draft status. he is a 2nd rounder.

As an eagles fan you should be bragging the opposite.
You found a gem in the 2nd round.
not
a 1st rounder fell to you.

We found a gem in the 4th round.
I dont say he was a 1st (2nd or whatever)rounder that fell to us.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mocks don't mean shit. Why do people on here constantly try to pretend mocks are reality and especially after the draft actually takes place. 90% of the people making these mocks don't know anything more than most message board fans. They are just like the media that cover Football. They are just fans with often horrible opinions and the ones that are former players usually prove how little they know about things like this. NFL scouts and teams have the only opinions that matter

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame Cowboys fans for still being upset about the Eagles jumping them for Goedert. To lose out on a player with such a high ceiling like Goedert.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mocks don't mean shit. Why do people on here constantly try to pretend mocks are reality and especially after the draft actually takes place. 90% of the people making these mocks don't know anything more than most message board fans. They are just like the media that cover Football. They are just fans with often horrible opinions and the ones that are former players usually prove how little they know about things like this. NFL scouts and teams have the only opinions that matter

Bull crap. They are professional writers and I bet the vast majority of us wouldn’t know more then 2 or 3 major college stars who are first round picks if it weren’t for the news we get. The good mock drafts have connections, hear talk at the combine, talk to GMs. I bet 99% of us never even heard Dallas Goedert name til mocks came out. I disagree that 90% of professional writers who make a living writing on sports know no more then me or freaking Manster.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull crap. They are professional writers and I bet the vast majority of us wouldn’t know more then 2 or 3 major college stars who are first round picks if it weren’t for the news we get. The good mock drafts have connections, hear talk at the combine, talk to GMs. I bet 99% of us never even heard Dallas Goedert name til mocks came out. I disagree that 90% of professional writers who make a living writing on sports know no more then me or freaking Manster.
Well they know more than you and Manster...Duh...:noidea:

What is it with you and these writers? You put them on a pedestal. Do you ever read some of the stupid shit they write/say and how horribly wrong they are? It's group speak. They write their opinions based on what other writers told them their opinion should be. Do you watch the idiots on NFL pregame shows and hear their opinions on half of the players. Do you really think these guys know that the Guard at UTEP is a better prospect than the ILB at Purdue? Go ask Deion Sanders who Kevin Byard is. Every media guy has a mock. They don't know half the players on their own mocks except for what they read on the internet. Just like you.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame Cowboys fans for still being upset about the Eagles jumping them for Goedert. To lose out on a player with such a high ceiling like Goedert.

at least we arent losing to him. :thumb:

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least we arent losing to him. :thumb:

When is Jerry raising up the banner for that 2018 sweep? Everyone must be very excited for it, the first banner Dallas has raised in 2 decades.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is Jerry raising up the banner for that 2018 sweep? Everyone must be very excited for it, the first banner Dallas has raised in 2 decades.
we would have to make room. We will wait for more Superbowl banners.

besides
Sweeping the Eagles is like breathing Air.
It comes natural.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they know more than you and Manster...Duh...:noidea:

What is it with you and these writers? You put them on a pedestal. Do you ever read some of the stupid shit they write/say and how horribly wrong they are? It's group speak. They write their opinions based on what other writers told them their opinion should be. Do you watch the idiots on NFL pregame shows and hear their opinions on half of the players. Do you really think these guys know that the Guard at UTEP is a better prospect than the ILB at Purdue? Go ask Deion Sanders who Kevin Byard is. Every media guy has a mock. They don't know half the players on their own mocks except for what they read on the internet. Just like you.

I’m not talking about personalities. I’m talking about guys who make a living at it. Some are completely respectable and knowledgeable.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what else is like breathing? Watching the Cowboys finish a season without going to a Super Bowl.

More than 27% of Americans were born after 1996. That means they were not alive to see Dallas win anything.

Yet the Dallas fans still act as if they are elite. It's funny.

You know, Cleveland won four NFL titles decades ago, but you don't hear those fans claiming they are elite. Even the Cardinals won a long time ago.

Someday Dallas titles will look as far removed from reality as those bygone titles.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Goedert and think he was a good pick and going to be really good this year. But if teams thought he was a first round talent he would have been picked in the first round.
I don't even know what you old ladies are arguing about. Dallas was a good pick. Desperation is having Witten come out of retirement to be your TE. Having a plan for the future isn't a bad thing. JAWs meet Alshon...

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What order a position player is taken has no merit. See Mark Andrews and Hayden Hurst (Or Laquen I'm not going to learn how to properly spell your name Treadwell), for that matter... Or I guess any WR taken by the Raiders if it really comes down to it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, their arguments on Goedert make zero sense. He would start for Dallas next week if he was traded there. They know it.