• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East camp updates!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't deny that.

Not that you give a shit but I’m hearing the Eagles only kept 2 TEs this year so they can get their rookie LT on the field more as a 3rd TE.

Oh, 5 1/2 days to go. Got to hurry up and send DirecTV their $300!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that you give a shit but I’m hearing the Eagles only kept 2 TEs this year so they can get their rookie LT on the field more as a 3rd TE.

Oh, 5 1/2 days to go. Got to hurry up and send DirecTV their $300!

The thing is I do care cause I root for the Eagles except when they play the Seahawks. So when the Hawks aren't on the same time, I'm watching the Eagles.

If true, I'm not sure that's a smart move.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What order a position player is taken has no merit. See Mark Andrews and Hayden Hurst (Or Laquen I'm not going to learn how to properly spell your name Treadwell), for that matter... Or I guess any WR taken by the Raiders if it really comes down to it.
Which is my point. However it ends up is normally different than what people thought before the draft. Doesnt mean how it is, magically becomes the perception before the draft. Or even during the draft. Dallas may very well become the best TE in this draft. Doesnt mean that was the perception before the draft.

Yeah, their arguments on Goedert make zero sense. He would start for Dallas next week if he was traded there. They know it.
I am not trashing Goedert. I think he will be good.
Just get sick of the absolutist talking crazy shit. He isnt a 1st rounder. he was never gonna be a 1st rounder.
In fact even said if the eagles fan were going to brag about anything. It should be that.
I wont speak for the others, but I dont believe anyone really is talking trash of the TE. Just the over the top BS from an eagles fan. The guy is a fuckin' rube.

Honestly his skill level wasnt even what they & him started arguing about.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is I do care cause I root for the Eagles except when they play the Seahawks. So when the Hawks aren't on the same time, I'm watching the Eagles.

If true, I'm not sure that's a smart move.

I’m sure very rare and never running routes.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is my point. However it ends up is normally different than what people thought before the draft. Doesnt mean how it is, magically becomes the perception before the draft. Or even during the draft. Dallas may very well become the best TE in this draft. Doesnt mean that was the perception before the draft.

I am not trashing Goedert. I think he will be good.
Just get sick of the absolutist talking crazy shit. He isnt a 1st rounder. he was never gonna be a 1st rounder.
In fact even said if the eagles fan were going to brag about anything. It should be that.
I wont speak for the others, but I dont believe anyone really is talking trash of the TE. Just the over the top BS from an eagles fan. The guy is a fuckin' rube.

Honestly his skill level wasnt even what they & him started arguing about.

How do you know he was never going to be a 1st rounder. You don’t know if a team used up their entire 1st round time battling who they should take.

I love how you ride my nuts but say nothing to the people saying it was a stupid pick. That was my only point... it wasn’t a stupid pick and he wasn’t a 4th round prospect. Tell me what I said that was over the top? The fact a lot of people mocked him as a 1st. The only over the top BS was you saying he was never going to be a 1st. How could you possibly know that?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what else is like breathing? Watching the Cowboys finish a season without going to a Super Bowl.

More than 27% of Americans were born after 1996. That means they were not alive to see Dallas win anything.

Yet the Dallas fans still act as if they are elite. It's funny.

You know, Cleveland won four NFL titles decades ago, but you don't hear those fans claiming they are elite. Even the Cardinals won a long time ago.

Someday Dallas titles will look as far removed from reality as those bygone titles.
Very true. Cowboys missing superbowls is pretty common.
Cleveland nor Cards has ever won one.
Congrats on your one superbowl. That team earned it.
Unfortunately in Superbowl Era. Your team is used to not winning superbowls Championships more than my team.
but if you want to start counting them since 96'
Congrats again. you are ahead of us by one ring.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since were going off of mocks to determine if Goedert was a 1st rounder I found a site that took 6 mocks and compiled an average draft.

The internet's consensus 2018 NFL mock draft: The first round according to six NFL experts

We took six 2018 mock drafts from around the internet – from USA TODAY, ESPN’s Mel Kiper and Todd McShay, CBS Sports, Bleacher Report and Pro Football Focus – and found each player’s average draft position across the six mock drafts.

In this compiled draft Goedert went #43. He was a 1st rounder in 2 of the drafts with 28 being his high.

An interesting note is Conner Williams went #13. He was mocked as high as 8 and as low as 31.

So for what it's worth and since were using Mocks to grade a pick Williams was a steal for Dallas and I'm glad the Eagles didn't jump up and take him from Dallas.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know he was never going to be a 1st rounder. You don’t know if a team used up their entire 1st round time battling who they should take.

I love how you ride my nuts but say nothing to the people saying it was a stupid pick. That was my only point... it wasn’t a stupid pick and he wasn’t a 4th round prospect. Tell me what I said that was over the top? The fact a lot of people mocked him as a 1st. The only over the top BS was you saying he was never going to be a 1st. How could you possibly know that?
because he didnt go in the 1st! It is not like he went #34 or just missed the 1st round either.
the top prospect didnt go until pick 25 (near end of 1st round)
If that was the eagles top pick & the guy they wanted the whole time. They would have traded up much farther than 49 to go get him. They didnt. They knew/figured the earliest he might go would be to Dallas. So they traded up one spot ahead. they werent worried about him going in the 1st or even early 2nd.
Simple logic on how it all played out dictates he was never getting drafted in the 1st. How can you now not know that?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since were going off of mocks to determine if Goedert was a 1st rounder I found a site that took 6 mocks and compiled an average draft.

The internet's consensus 2018 NFL mock draft: The first round according to six NFL experts

We took six 2018 mock drafts from around the internet – from USA TODAY, ESPN’s Mel Kiper and Todd McShay, CBS Sports, Bleacher Report and Pro Football Focus – and found each player’s average draft position across the six mock drafts.

In this compiled draft Goedert went #43. He was a 1st rounder in 2 of the drafts with 28 being his high.

An interesting note is Conner Williams went #13. He was mocked as high as 8 and as low as 31.

So for what it's worth and since were using Mocks to grade a pick Williams was a steal for Dallas and I'm glad the Eagles didn't jump up and take him from Dallas.

Never said Williams wasn’t a steal. I remember many having him as a 1st. I’m also glad Philly didn’t take the player who struggled year one either. A few of you said he came on strong at the end of the season and I’ll take their word cause I dont study line play around the league

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were two TEs who were taken after Goedert who put up similar/better numbers.

Are they gonna be studs too?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because he didnt go in the 1st! It is not like he went #34 or just missed the 1st round either.
the top prospect didnt go until pick 25 (near end of 1st round)
If that was the eagles top pick & the guy they wanted the whole time. They would have traded up much farther than 49 to go get him. They didnt. They knew/figured the earliest he might go would be to Dallas. So they traded up one spot ahead. they werent worried about him going in the 1st or even early 2nd.
Simple logic on how it all played out dictates he was never getting drafted in the 1st. How can you now not know that?

No it doesn’t. You have no idea if teams were debating on taking him or not. Just like Conner Williams. Maybe there were some teams that had Williams and Goedert as their 1st round pick but another guy slipped who they didn’t expect. There is no way to tell. Maybe the Ravens had a fist fight over Goedert because they didn’t take him. You can’t know. Maybe a pick here and a pick there changes everything. Maybe if so and so didn’t slip Conner Williams gets picked.
The Eagles obvious strategy that year was to trade back because of lack of picks.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt the SB champs would waste a pick just to troll a team. And they did have depth issues at TE. THey had just lost two really good TE's in Burton and Celek. That went from being stacked at TE to having only one. What made it even more sensible is the two TE scheme they run. So it was a need pick, a scheme pick and is also looking like it might be a pick they absolutely nailed.
Akers sure enjoyed giving that pick, for it not to be nothing but a troll job.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said Williams wasn’t a steal. I remember many having him as a 1st. I’m also glad Philly didn’t take the player who struggled year one either. A few of you said he came on strong at the end of the season and I’ll take their word cause I dont study line play around the league

You just called him mediocre (as a starter), while a TE is "emerging" (as a backup).

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn’t. You have no idea if teams were debating on taking him or not. Just like Conner Williams. Maybe there were some teams that had Williams and Goedert as their 1st round pick but another guy slipped who they didn’t expect. There is no way to tell. Maybe the Ravens had a fist fight over Goedert because they didn’t take him. You can’t know. Maybe a pick here and a pick there changes everything. Maybe if so and so didn’t slip Conner Williams gets picked.
The Eagles obvious strategy that year was to trade back because of lack of picks.
Wait, their strategy was to trade back because of a lack of picks, and their method of executing a "trade back" strategy was to trade up?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas signing La'el Collins to an extension. I'm hearing it is a Jaylon Smith type contract, meaning a deal good for Dallas. :yes:

Wrapping up the PFF #3 ranked tackle on a team friendly deal! Way to go Jerry!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what else is like breathing? Watching the Cowboys finish a season without going to a Super Bowl.

More than 27% of Americans were born after 1996. That means they were not alive to see Dallas win anything.

Yet the Dallas fans still act as if they are elite. It's funny.

You know, Cleveland won four NFL titles decades ago, but you don't hear those fans claiming they are elite. Even the Cardinals won a long time ago.

Someday Dallas titles will look as far removed from reality as those bygone titles.
So what you are saying is that 73% of Americans remember Dallas winning. Great stat. Thanks

Oh and your one SB is in the past now. No more meaningful than one form the 90s :nono:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know what you old ladies are arguing about. Dallas was a good pick. Desperation is having Witten come out of retirement to be your TE. Having a plan for the future isn't a bad thing. JAWs meet Alshon...
Why don't you show me where I said it wasn't a good pick or said anything negative about the decision to draft him :bored2: