• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East camp updates!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question, how many teams consistently run 2 QB sets?
Just the eagles & colts as far as I know :becky:

well actually the Saints run with multiple Qbs on same plays

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I find quite funny around here is Chip Kelly executed this team. In a few short years they built a SB winning team with a young franchise QB, very good OLine and DLine. We win the SB, our GM wins executive of the year and months later he takes a TE who looks like he is a perfect fit for our two TE scheme and possibly a potential star and all the Cowboy fans say... "What a stupid pick". Hilarious.

I don't think it was a stupid pick and he does fit the scheme, my question was was it the right pick at the time considering what I think the defense looks like.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense. Maybe they had him as a top 10 player on their board and moved up to get him. But I know, I know... everything Philly does is stupid and you know what was on their mind. That is so ridiculous to even say. Every time a team moved up to grab a player they wanted is drafting out of fear. I cant even process how stupid that is.
So are you denying the Eagles feared Dallas was going to draft him?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you denying the Eagles feared Dallas was going to draft him?

Every time a team trades up to draft a player they are worried another team ahead of them is going to draft that player before them.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time a team trades up to draft a player they are worried another team ahead of them is going to draft that player before them.
truestory.gif

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Howie values the lines but at some point he has to help out the line and draft some solid players behind that d-line.

I do agree but our last 4-3 LBer we took in round one was 1979. Been 40 years!
Only been 2 in the 2nd round as well.

Im more concerned with our CB's. Such a very VERY difficult position to fill. Seems like most teams struggle to land that position. We had a good run of excellent top corners from Eric Allen to (Troy Vincent/Bobby Taylor) to (Lito Sheppard/Sheldon Brown) to (Asante Samuel/Nnamdi Asumwa). Joking on the Nnamdi part :)

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree the Eagles feared the Cowboys.

They didnt fear the Cowboys they didnt want another team to pick him. Even if Dallas didnt want him, another team could have swapped picks with Dallas. It seemed likely Dallas could take him with the huge hole at TE and obviously Philly had high regard for him.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree the Eagles feared the Cowboys.

Feared the Cowboys? The only thing they feared was that if they didn't move up the Cowboys would draft Goedert before he dropped to the Eagles. Same way the Eagles moved up to draft Dillard because they feared if they didn't then the Texans would have drafted him and he wouldn't have dropped to the Eagles.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.
Eagles are on the clock.
BPA is a QB.

Do they take the QB in the 2nd rd?

If they have a high grade on him they do. Just like the Redskins giving up a shit tons for RG3 and then taking Kirk Cousins a few rounds later. The best teams dont reach for need. THey take the highest player on their board. Now if they have a huge hole at, lets say Safety, and they have a WR rated 9th and a Safety rated 11th on their board it would make sense to take the safety but the best teams always take best player. THat way you dont skip on Michael Jordan for Sam Bowie.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was a stupid pick and he does fit the scheme, my question was was it the right pick at the time considering what I think the defense looks like.

It was ONLY the right pick if they had him ranked a lot higher then any CB on their board and that we will never know.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have a high grade on him they do. Just like the Redskins giving up a shit tons for RG3 and then taking Kirk Cousins a few rounds later. The best teams dont reach for need. THey take the highest player on their board. Now if they have a huge hole at, lets say Safety, and they have a WR rated 9th and a Safety rated 11th on their board it would make sense to take the safety but the best teams always take best player. THat way you dont skip on Michael Jordan for Sam Bowie.
Signing a QB to be your future & using a 2nd rd. right after is not the same as drafting 2 rookies in one draft.
Using a 2nd is nowhere close to the same as taking a flier on a 4th rd pick (or wherever he was drafted). 100% different.
However since you brought that up. I ask. How that work out for the skins?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you criticize either way. You said they didn’t need a TE and should have gone depth. Then when I say it dawned on me we needed him too you criticize that. So you are just going to criticize Philly no matter what they do.

I criticized for the Eagles drafting a second TE instead of a position they actually had depth issues, and all just to troll Dallas.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely drafting Goedert was the right move. He was a first round talent just sitting there. Having him on the Eagles heading into his second year looking incredible all spring and summer is huge for the Eagles this year and all the ensuing years he is on the team.
I like Goedert and think he was a good pick and going to be really good this year. But if teams thought he was a first round talent he would have been picked in the first round.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing a QB to be your future & using a 2nd rd. right after is not the same as drafting 2 rookies in one draft.
Using a 2nd is nowhere close to the same as taking a flier on a 4th rd pick (or wherever he was drafted). 100% different.
However since you brought that up. I ask. How that work out for the skins?

It actually worked out well cause RG3 got hurt and Cousins for a 4th was great value.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Goedert and think he was a good pick and going to be really good this year. But if teams thought he was a first round talent he would have been picked in the first round.

Not necessarily because teams reach for need which always gets you in trouble. Teams could hsve had a 1st round grade but went a different route. But I do get your point. You are what you are.