• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Belongs to the Eagles now....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, I wouldnt put Smith in that lower tier category by any stretch.........He and Andy Dalton strike me so much as the same guys.....As good a bet for 10-12 wins as any QB out there, last guys you would want once the clock ticks January 1

Spot on! Both are solid QBs, just don't ask them to make a big play in a playoff game.

Smith might not get you beat with turnovers as quickly as Dalton, but 12-21 195 yds 1 TD is probably not going to win it either.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on! Both are solid QBs, just don't ask them to make a big play in a playoff game.

Smith might not get you beat with turnovers as quickly as Dalton, but 12-21 195 yds 1 TD is probably not going to win it either.

Greatest example being up in New England 2 years ago, where they were "kinda" in the game, needing 2 scores with roughly 6 minutes to go, and ran the slowest hurry up I have ever seen, but that was mostly playing to Smiths' limitations to make chunk plays when they need them

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatest example being up in New England 2 years ago, where they were "kinda" in the game, needing 2 scores with roughly 6 minutes to go, and ran the slowest hurry up I have ever seen, but that was mostly playing to Smiths' limitations to make chunk plays when they need them
The interesting part to add in all of this is that the Chiefs were actually really good in tight games last year.

My other thoughts in that game in New England in the playoffs is that the Chiefs did a few things on defense that just dont work against Brady and Brady carved them up and Alex Smith just wasn't good enough when he had the chance.

Im going to go out on a limb and say that Reid is a better coach than Smith is a QB and Im fairly confident in that assessment.

edit - I need to read more. You guys are talking about Andy Dalton not Andy Reid. Dalton has been surrounded by talent his whole career and seems to be totally replaceable despite having good stats.

Last edited:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interesting part to add in all of this is that the Chiefs were actually really good in tight games last year.

My other thoughts in that game in New England in the playoffs is that the Chiefs did a few things on defense that just dont work against Brady and Brady carved them up and Alex Smith just wasn't good enough when he had the chance.

Im going to go out on a limb and say that Reid is a better coach than Smith is a QB and Im fairly confident in that assessment.

edit - I need to read more. You guys are talking about Andy Dalton not Andy Reid. Dalton has been surrounded by talent his whole career and seems to be totally replaceable despite having good stats.

Dalton is a huge headscratcher for me

In a league where its hard to come by an almost automatic 10 win QB, you have Andy Dalton

Flipside of course being the guy looks like a 2-14 QB in the playoffs

Do you replace that guy?

Do you stick with the playoff appearance every season, and just hope it turns around?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smith has really typecast himself. He lost the job in SF largely because he was unwilling to challenge the DEF deep. Kaep comes in, does just that, and suddenly the 49ers felt like Kaep was a better option and Smith is off the KC. Four seasons later obviously some people in the FO feel Smith has taken them as far as he can..to be honest, you can't really blame them...by no means is he a bad QB, actually pretty good, but he's not the guy to take you over the top imo.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has bigger problems to worry about. Who's he throwing to?
I like both Jeffery and Ertz. Could probably use another good target though. Not a fan of Torrey Smith

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has bigger problems to worry about. Who's he throwing to?

r239897_576x324_16-9.jpg

Then there is this guy :

torrey-smith-1.jpg

Oh and let's not forget the TE duo :

hi-res-1da2a15a354ffd5eefd2b0b820ed1a60_crop_north.jpg

Brent+Celek+New+York+Jets+v+Philadelphia+Eagles+ZSh0Yg1VlC4l.jpg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a league where its hard to come by an almost automatic 10 win QB, you have Andy Dalton

Do you replace that guy?

Do you stick with the playoff appearance every season, and just hope it turns around?
The problem with Dalton is that he had a good season but it was cut short by injury and then last year his surrounding talent wasnt as good. I think the Bengals should draft his replacement if he isnt a top 15 QB next year but my hunch is that he'll have a decent season next year and stick around being that 2-14 in the playoffs kind of QB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you replace that guy?

Dalton has some issues when the lights on stage get brighter.

Dalton has had at least 3 different OCs the last 4 yrs...Zampese was from within I think so maybe not a new OFC for 2016, but something changed.

What do you do with a guy like Dalton? You probably have the same guy or a version of him as the back up...I would've dangled Dalton out there for a trade (JAX) promoted McCarron and looked to draft behind him.

I understand CIN had gone a long stretch without making it to the dance, so getting there I'm sure felt pretty good. At some point you gotta blow it up and start over after so many times to the well and repeated bad performances by your QB.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton has some issues when the lights on stage get brighter.

Dalton has had at least 3 different OCs the last 4 yrs...Zampese was from within I think so maybe not a new OFC for 2016, but something changed.

What do you do with a guy like Dalton? You probably have the same guy or a version of him as the back up...I would've dangled Dalton out there for a trade (JAX) promoted McCarron and looked to draft behind him.

I understand CIN had gone a long stretch without making it to the dance, so getting there I'm sure felt pretty good. At some point you gotta blow it up and start over after so many times to the well and repeated bad performances by your QB.

Dont dis-agree, I think this coming season can go a long way in determining Daltons' future

The kid Mixon in the backfield is apparently the real deal

They drafted the kid Ross as a WR in Round one

AJ healthy, Eifert, and the 2 other backs still there

That is a fairly loaded, or potentially loaded offense.........I think the Dalton defenders will have a hard time doing it this season if he doesnt play well enough to at least be playing the 2nd weekend of the playoffs