• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Belongs to the Eagles now....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in fantasy football, and I dont even think thats true

Wentz may have more passing yards with a limited running game behind him, and that doesnt equate to better QB
I just have to wonder what rankings did he read. Maybe he's quoting rankings from screamingeagles.com

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, better in his senior year statistically

College stats are tough to measure, I wonder if he struggled in his big games vs SEC teams, causing his drop
The team wins dropped from Sophomore to Junior and again from Junior to Senior years. That may have gave teams questions about him.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd reserve 2% for a team like the Jets. And even then I'd probably bump the Jets up to 3%

Yeah 2% is crazy. I'm no Redskins homer but they are coming off back to back winning seasons, which sadly is a big deal around here, and they have improved a horrible defense.

They should be picked 4th but in a division that is fairly evenly matched 2% is way off.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 2% is crazy. I'm no Redskins homer but they are coming off back to back winning seasons, which sadly is a big deal around here, and they have improved a horrible defense.

They should be picked 4th but in a division that is fairly evenly matched 2% is way off.
Agree, I'll say Dallas is the favorite (Biased maybe) but there is no sure fire order in the NFCE. Any can ein it and any can be dead last.

Default2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going off memory...I Believe Dak had a great junior season at Miss St, entered his senior season with huge hype, Heisman hype, and disappointed greatly in his last year

Similar thing happnen to this Chad Kelly kid from Mississippi
Been watching him since his Soph year...that's why I wasn't surprised by his success last year. He is an honestly good kid who is a leader and winner. His last year at State he had a different team around him, but he still threw for more yds (3793 to 3449), more TDs (29 to 27) and fewer INT's (5 to 11). It was more the team sucked more because they lost some NFL caliber guys off the line and RB.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team wins dropped from Sophomore to Junior and again from Junior to Senior years. That may have gave teams questions about him.

And if I remember correctly, he was never seen as a plus pocket passer in college, think he used his legs a lot

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I do enjoy piling on Washington a little, I agree with you. If Cousins plays well again I can see them shutting a few people up. Can Reed stay healthy? Can the young WRs step up? Running game? Wasn't the D supposed to be "improved" last year? So a lot of questions, but it's not like they weren't competitive last year and it wouldn't be a shock if they were better this year. 2% is nuts in a division where no one seems to be able to repeat and where in 4 of the last 5 years the team the division was won by the team that finished last the previous season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if I remember correctly, he was never seen as a plus pocket passer in college, think he used his legs a lot
Biggest knock coming in that I recall was that he never played under center. Teams weren't sure if he would be able to at the next level

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Cousins is an upper tier QB and in today's NFL, that gives any team a legit shot in a balanced division

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us seen this coming not even the Dallas scouts.
I still have to see year two and ir three before I'm completely on board but I'm loving what I've seen.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are so many variables. Washington seems to have the lowest ceiling so that's probably where that 2% numbers comes in. I'd say it's probably more like 33% Dallas, 32% New York, 20% Philadelphia, 15% Washington.

Dallas has a slight edge over New York but New York's defensive improvements last year are pretty scary if we assume they can put things together on offense. Philadelphia may be ranked too high by me but I believe in some progression from Wentz, improved offensive weapons, and an improved pass rush helping to keep the defense decent. Washington probably has the most stable QB situation of all 4. We don't know if Carson will progress, we don't know if Dak can repeat/improve on last year, and we've never known which Eli Manning was going to show up. Cousins puts them in competition pretty much every game. I still think their defense will be pretty bad -- but who knows.

All of that is before we get to the Elliott suspension and the Beckham injury. And sure, Philadelphia and Washington will have to address injuries/suspensions throughout the season but Dallas and New York already know they'll be missing time from their two best offensive weapons.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us seen this coming not even the Dallas scouts.
I still have to see year two and ir three before I'm completely on board but I'm loving what I've seen.

I liked Prescott as a project QB coming out of college. I would have never guessed he'd perform the way he did. You could see last year that he struggled at times. I remember seeing him miss some open receivers pretty badly and thinking -- this is the Dak Prescott we all thought he'd be. Then he'd come back and redeem himself. So I'm not sure what to think of him. Personally, I'd still take Wentz over him but it's looking more and more likely that Dallas might have found itself a really good player with Prescott.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost all of the above.

Yes, by nearly every statistical measure you can possibly think of- and it wasn't even remotely close. Inflated or not.

Word salad that nobody gives a shit about in the NFL ala Drew Hensen with Brady. Even bringing up draft status to defend Wentz is pathetic at this point in time- truly sad that you already retreated to that when you were called out on how this quite obviously wasn't the case at the NFL level- the level of play we're posting about. Yeah, Wentz probably was the better QB in college, but does anyone still care outside of Bulldog and Bison fans?

Yes, I dare you- they also thought Blake Bortles was a good prospect. Nor is that all that helpful in a debate on who is better in terms of actual production.

Now you're choosing to lie and intentionally misinterpret to make a strawman; or you just like writing stuff. I do not like liars- do not test my patience. I know you're smart enough to read basic statistics- act like it. What the data shows while Dak was not pressured a whole ton (duh) he excelled- pressure or no pressure- based on the data from his rookie year. The same definitely could not be said of Wentz; particularly under no pressure. Maybe he would blossom more with better passcatchers as DVOA proper here really is only measuring success in conjunction with the rest of the offense, or maybe he doesn't. But on paper- you can pick almost any stat you can find and Dak's rookie year is gonna blow Wentz' rookie year out of the water. So when someone says Wentz is the better QB so nonchalantly, I almost immediately assume one of two things

1) Andy Benoit
2) Eagles fan

PS, the Chart has a TON to do with this conversation as it renders the scouting report from college as facile at best while showing production that somewhat isolates the impact of the OL. Actual NFL data versus conjecture on how they translate. Nearly everyone didn't think Dak would pick things up this fast if at all, happens.

I really am sitting back absolutely confused. I said Dak outplayed Wentz. You say that's patently false. Huhh? Are you saying Wentz played better cause he didn't and it wasn't even close.

Then I said Dak went in the 4th round cause he struggled against the blitz in college and you post a chart showing he rarely had pressure on him playing behind a great OLine.
I'm completely confused.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am sitting back absolutely confused. I said Dak outplayed Wentz. You say that's patently false. Huhh? Are you saying Wentz played better cause he didn't and it wasn't even close.

Then I said Dak went in the 4th round cause he struggled against the blitz in college and you post a chart showing he rarely had pressure on him playing behind a great OLine.
I'm completely confused.
K- I am done. You haven't listed anything- you're just arguing in memes at this point because arguing Wentz over Dak is completely indefensible with actual statistics.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the wrong part was that Wentz was pressured more than Dak.

Whaaaaat? You're saying that porous Eagles OLINE was better than Dallas OLINE last year. I'm in the twilight zone.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K- I am done. You haven't listed anything- you're just arguing in memes at this point because arguing Wentz over Dak is completely indefensible with actual statistics.

Oh my god. Am I going crazy. I said Dak outplayed Wentz every single time and you keep saying weird shit. I posted memes? I'm completely lost.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god. Am I going crazy. I said Dak outplayed Wentz every single time and you keep saying weird shit. I posted memes? I'm completely lost.
You kinda keep betraying that thought with the rest of your comment- it's lip service mate. Again. I am done here.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and Carson has the throwing motion of a newborn female. He may have the physical stats, but he has shit for accuracy and arm motion. Slowest windup I've ever seen. Maybe this year is different, but he wasn't ready for big boy football last year.

This is so completely untrue. Wentz struggles with accuracy but his windup isn't slow at all. Simply not true.