• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Belongs to the Eagles now....

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup! Dak was simply better than Wentz last year. No doubt about it. But Wentz is more of complete, traditional QB. Dak big knock coming out is he struggles significantly under pressure and he didn't have to face that at all while Carson was run ng for his life.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup! Dak was simply better than Wentz last year. No doubt about it. But Wentz is more of complete, traditional QB. Dak big knock coming out is he struggles significantly under pressure and he didn't have to face that at all while Carson was run ng for his life.

Patently false.

screen-shot-2017-06-21-at-2-14-47-pm.png

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patently false.

What's patently false?

I said Dak outplayed Wentz. Is that patently false?
I said Dak went in the 4th round cause the knock on him coming out of college is he struggled when teams put pressure on him. Do you want me to write down all the scouting reports.
Youre telling me Dak spent the season under pressure while playing behind what might be the greatest OLine ever and Wentz was the one standing in a great pocket with great receivers?
What is the patently false part.
Plus your chart has nothing to do with this conversation.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's patently false?

Almost all of the above.

Yes, by nearly every statistical measure you can possibly think of- and it wasn't even remotely close. Inflated or not.

I said Dak went in the 4th round cause the knock on him coming out of college is he struggled when teams put pressure on him

Word salad that nobody gives a shit about in the NFL ala Drew Hensen with Brady. Even bringing up draft status to defend Wentz is pathetic at this point in time- truly sad that you already retreated to that when you were called out on how this quite obviously wasn't the case at the NFL level- the level of play we're posting about. Yeah, Wentz probably was the better QB in college, but does anyone still care outside of Bulldog and Bison fans?

Do you want me to write down all the scouting reports.
Yes, I dare you- they also thought Blake Bortles was a good prospect. Nor is that all that helpful in a debate on who is better in terms of actual production.

Youre telling me Dak spent the season under pressure while playing behind what might be the greatest OLine ever and Wentz was the one standing in a great pocket with great receivers?
Now you're choosing to lie and intentionally misinterpret to make a strawman; or you just like writing stuff. I do not like liars- do not test my patience. I know you're smart enough to read basic statistics- act like it. What the data shows while Dak was not pressured a whole ton (duh) he excelled- pressure or no pressure- based on the data from his rookie year. The same definitely could not be said of Wentz; particularly under no pressure. Maybe he would blossom more with better passcatchers as DVOA proper here really is only measuring success in conjunction with the rest of the offense, or maybe he doesn't. But on paper- you can pick almost any stat you can find and Dak's rookie year is gonna blow Wentz' rookie year out of the water. So when someone says Wentz is the better QB so nonchalantly, I almost immediately assume one of two things

1) Andy Benoit
2) Eagles fan

PS, the Chart has a TON to do with this conversation as it renders the scouting report from college as facile at best while showing production that somewhat isolates the impact of the OL. Actual NFL data versus conjecture on how they translate. Nearly everyone didn't think Dak would pick things up this fast if at all, happens.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm we'll see. I still think the Giants are going to take the division.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask, how is it that Prescott will have to carry the Cowboys, but Wentz wont have to carry the Eagles? I think Darren Mcfadden and to a lesser extent, Alfred Morris is probably better than what the Eagles offer at RB, and those guys are Dallas backups....Im hearing buzz Blount could be flat out released......

I think Wentz could be good but the hype is getting way out of control for a guy that threw one more TD than INT last season....

I think Dak is pretty awesome, he has the look of a QB that belongs, always plays under control, never looks like he isnt in complete control........Wentz to me needs to play less with his hair on fire like last season, too many ill advised throws and runs from the pocket

Eagles could win the division, I wont argue that, its the toughest division in the NFL to predict, but Im taking Dak on my team over Wentz for the next decade based on what ive seen so far

Where did I even suggest that Wentz does not have to carry the Eagles? Wentz already had to carry the Eagles last year, and this year is no different. Prescott has not at any moment last season. And now he has to, with arguably a worse offensive line than he had last season.

While Wentz last year had to carry the offense with a WR corps that was an embarassment for professional football (and much of college), and only learning a week before the season began that he was the starter.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patently false.

No, No, No...It's only the OL. I know that's true because I read it here 10,000 times.
All you have to do is watch Dak and you see he is just a pure winner. He does everything you need him too. I swear I would not trade Dak for Wentz AND a first round pick. I like Wentz and think he will be a pretty good QB, but Dak already is. I can't recall a rookie with that much poise under pressure. So the idea that he crumbles under pressure clearly comes from people who didn't actually watch him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That and Carson has the throwing motion of a newborn female. He may have the physical stats, but he has shit for accuracy and arm motion. Slowest windup I've ever seen. Maybe this year is different, but he wasn't ready for big boy football last year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just noticed OP left "cellar" out of his thread title.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's patently false?

I said Dak went in the 4th round cause the knock on him coming out of college is he struggled when teams put pressure on him. Do you want me to write down all the scouting reports.
What is the patently false part.
Plus your chart has nothing to do with this conversation.

the wrong part was that Wentz was pressured more than Dak.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, No, No...It's only the OL. I know that's true because I read it here 10,000 times.
All you have to do is watch Dak and you see he is just a pure winner. He does everything you need him too. I swear I would not trade Dak for Wentz AND a first round pick. I like Wentz and think he will be a pretty good QB, but Dak already is. I can't recall a rookie with that much poise under pressure. So the idea that he crumbles under pressure clearly comes from people who didn't actually watch him.

I hate to have to agree, but i do, and always have, I loved Dak since last preseason, sometimes you could just see the "It" factor early in QB's.......Dak never ever seemed overwhelmed in this league, just looks like he is always comfortable, playing like he belongs....Ill give ya Eli for him

Default2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has mentioned that playing in the SEC and against Bama helped prepare him for playing in the NFL...and Wentz certainly didn't have that experience playing in the FCS.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also- forgot to say this yesterday but it's worth mentioning: The chart doesn't necessarily tell you how the pressure happened nor the quality of it. I would hope most people with common sense know the Cowboys OL did not suddenly become below average in pass blocking.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has mentioned that playing in the SEC and against Bama helped prepare him for playing in the NFL...and Wentz certainly didn't have that experience playing in the FCS.

Think thats legit, the SEC is the closest thing you will get to the NFL, and the NFL is littered with stars from the SEC, no coincidence

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying the wrong part is this "Just about every ranking I've seen has Wentz ahead of Dak"

Maybe in fantasy football, and I dont even think thats true

Wentz may have more passing yards with a limited running game behind him, and that doesnt equate to better QB

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think thats legit, the SEC is the closest thing you will get to the NFL, and the NFL is littered with stars from the SEC, no coincidence
I can't say I think that is totally correct- I just think it's more intrinsic to Dak's makeup as a QB and human being. He is markedly better than I remember at Miss St.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to have to agree, but i do, and always have, I loved Dak since last preseason, sometimes you could just see the "It" factor early in QB's.......Dak never ever seemed overwhelmed in this league, just looks like he is always comfortable, playing like he belongs....Ill give ya Eli for him
Only if he comes with 2 more SB wins:thumb:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I think that is totally correct- I just think it's more intrinsic to Dak's makeup as a QB and human being. He is markedly better than I remember at Miss St.

Going off memory...I Believe Dak had a great junior season at Miss St, entered his senior season with huge hype, Heisman hype, and disappointed greatly in his last year

Similar thing happnen to this Chad Kelly kid from Mississippi