• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Belongs to the Eagles now....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont dis-agree, I think this coming season can go a long way in determining Daltons' future

The kid Mixon in the backfield is apparently the real deal

They drafted the kid Ross as a WR in Round one

AJ healthy, Eifert, and the 2 other backs still there

That is a fairly loaded, or potentially loaded offense.........I think the Dalton defenders will have a hard time doing it this season if he doesnt play well enough to at least be playing the 2nd weekend of the playoffs

IMO Ross was a mistake in that spot. Mixon might be a stud replacing Hill, but Hill was not a bad RB...the big questions I have for CIN...they let their long time LT go for a guy that failed on the right side so they are moving him to the left because he played LT in college...okay let see how it works. Fisher played better than Ogbuehi but is really untested @ RT.

If the OL gels quickly CIN has the goods to be a playoff caliber team again this yr...I'll have to wait and see on DEF...I'm not sure if they have found another pressure guy or not to help out Dunlap.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Ross was a mistake in that spot. Mixon might be a stud replacing Hill, but Hill was not a bad RB...the big questions I have for CIN...they let their long time LT go for a guy that failed on the right side so they are moving him to the left because he played LT in college...okay let see how it works. Fisher played better than Ogbuehi but is really untested @ RT.

If the OL gels quickly CIN has the goods to be a playoff caliber team again this yr...I'll have to wait and see on DEF...I'm not sure if they have found another pressure guy or not to help out Dunlap.

Not the first time ive heard that about Ross

And I agree on the defense, no idea what kind of unit they will be

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is over hyped and frankly, hasn't shown anything on the field that resembles a superstar.

I guess you didn't watch the Eagles then. There's a reason Sports Illustrated said if they could have any one player in the NFL to start a franchise with it would be Wentz. When Peters got hurt and Lane Johnson got suspended he struggled. He literally lost his two starting tackles, his starting RB and literally had the worst WR crew in the NFL. He has some work to do but he's gonna be a superstar and in 5 years possibly the best QB in the NFL. You're being ridiculous. Most everyone is sky high on him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is fair to say Wentz has yet to show superstar abilities, but he has shown he has the potential to develop into a true franchise QB and that's enough for me. This season will be an interesting barometer of where he is at.

I sincerely don't get why any Eagles fans would talk trash before opening day when our team hasn't played anyone and has plenty of question marks. Yes, I want to whup on Washington and Dallas as much as anyone, but let's see how the team looks before puffing our chests out. Preseason has been a mixed bag IMO.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is fair to say Wentz has yet to show superstar abilities, but he has shown he has the potential to develop into a true franchise QB and that's enough for me. This season will be an interesting barometer of where he is at.

I sincerely don't get why any Eagles fans would talk trash before opening day when our team hasn't played anyone and has plenty of question marks. Yes, I want to whup on Washington and Dallas as much as anyone, but let's see how the team looks before puffing our chests out. Preseason has been a mixed bag IMO.

I think he has shown superstar ability... just not consistently. He had a lot of growing until he's a legit star.
I do agree on the Eagle fans puffing up their chest. The OLINE hasn't looked good and the run game has looked even worse. We still have serious problems at CB too and the worst starting Center in the league. This is still the Cowboys division... unfortunately

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have went 10-6 last year if Wentz didn't play like a scrub for nine of the last 11 games.

Here us Philly fans thought it was because last year or OLINE was in shambles and not only had no RB but the worst WR and CB play in the entire NFL. But the one everyone is raving about is why they struggled. Sure, gotcha.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a runningback now? I mean one that you will commit to? Not easy winning as a below average QB with a RBBC.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you didn't watch the Eagles then. There's a reason Sports Illustrated said if they could have any one player in the NFL to start a franchise with it would be Wentz. When Peters got hurt and Lane Johnson got suspended he struggled. He literally lost his two starting tackles, his starting RB and literally had the worst WR crew in the NFL. He has some work to do but he's gonna be a superstar and in 5 years possibly the best QB in the NFL. You're being ridiculous. Most everyone is sky high on him.

I never understood why the Rams went for Geoff...time will tell, but Wentz was the closest guy with all the tools, size, arm, mobility for a big guy...iirc small school was one knock on him.

Best is lofty, but 5 yrs out the current top 5 guys will be retired so it's possible.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood why the Rams went for Geoff...time will tell, but Wentz was the closest guy with all the tools, size, arm, mobility for a big guy...iirc small school was one knock on him.

Best is lofty, but 5 yrs out the current top 5 guys will be retired so it's possible.

Yeah, Brees,Rodgers, Brady, Rivers, Manning will be gone. Small school was one issue and the lack if overall throws was anither. He has thrown mire balls in the NFL than his entire college career. He has a long way to go but there were times last year you could see how special he could be. His problem was his mechanics got sloppy when the OLine broke down and throws high. He was still throwing high last week vs the Packers. But he has EVERYTHING you want in a QB. Tall, big, can run, has a cannon and is savvy. The kid had absolutely nothing to work with last year. No run game, the worst WRs in the league and the OLINE crumbled when Johnson was suspended. Hopefully Alshon will be the go to guy for him.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about some castle in the sky bullshit said by GMs or trash in Sports Illustrated. I watched the Eagles. They had a top 5 level defense and led the league in TOP, yet didn't sniff the playoffs. Every team has OLine issues and injuries. The good quarterbacks overcome it. The NFL is about results, not hopes and dreams. Wentz has legitimate mechanical issues. I don't buy this baloney that he's gonna transform into some superstar until I see results. People acting like he Peyton Manning or some shit.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here us Philly fans thought it was because last year or OLINE was in shambles and not only had no RB but the worst WR and CB play in the entire NFL. But the one everyone is raving about is why they struggled. Sure, gotcha.
He had a top 5 defense and finished 7-9. Make up more excuses. I'm sorry your team doesn't know how to draft WRs and gave away RBs like McCoy. Nobody feels sorry for you. But yeah, keep raving about shit he hasn't even accomplished yet.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rams went for Goff because he was just as highly rated as Wentz. But the general consensus now is that Goff is already done but Wentz is gonna be a superstar. Shit is fucking hilarious. Wentz did nothing last year after his hot start. He was basically Goff after week 4.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL is Wentz even on the list? Did I overlook or is he really not there?
I stopped when I saw Dak before Wentz. In fairness PE did say GMs, but I specifically searched NFL GMs pick players to start a team and nothing.
Just like this from him "Just about every ranking I've seen has Wentz ahead of Dak" I searched this too and couldn't find one item to support his claim.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams went for Goff because he was just as highly rated as Wentz. But the general consensus now is that Goff is already done but Wentz is gonna be a superstar. Shit is fucking hilarious. Wentz did nothing last year after his hot start. He was basically Goff after week 4.

I thought Wentz was the higher rated QB coming in, but I'll also admit Idk much about either.

What Wentz does from here will have a lot to do with the talent around them and from that perspective, I can see why Philly fans are high on the Eagles...gotta play the games anyway so I'll let them play out and judge then.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how high Mahomes is on that PFF list, given he hasn't played a down. I like the kid a lot, my former neighbor's kid plays at Texas Tech and I was one of the earliest people to pimp him on here. But he is an unproven rookie!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also- forgot to say this yesterday but it's worth mentioning: The chart doesn't necessarily tell you how the pressure happened nor the quality of it. I would hope most people with common sense know the Cowboys OL did not suddenly become below average in pass blocking.

I think we are light years better at run blocking than pass blocking, but it doesn't matter. Eagles OL is as good as Dallas'. PHXEagle will tell ya. :boink:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I think that is totally correct- I just think it's more intrinsic to Dak's makeup as a QB and human being. He is markedly better than I remember at Miss St.

I agree with you both. SEC is not NFL quality, not even close. But it is a better practice for you than FCS. It's the old "big fish little pond, or little fish big pond" scenario. If I go out and play pickup basketball with my son I'm going to annihilate him and look like Lebron out there, but that isn't preparing me to play in the NBA. However if I go out and scrimmage against a D-league team, then that would be a much better prep.