• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Belongs to the Eagles now....

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Wentz in the draft, and he played well last season, although he did taper off a little. I wouldn't say I'm sky high on him, I think he has great potential but I'm in the show me line. Hell I'm still in the show me line with Dak. One season doesn't make a NFL QB.

My knock on Dak was that I believe and still do that his success was based on the weapons he had behind him. I believe that any good QB would put up career numbers with the Cowboys offense. Some take that as bashing him but that is not my intent. If he performs the same way this year and the year after that I would have to arguably say he is the best QB in the NFL. I am just not ready to annoint him after one season. However.........based on what he was able to accomplish only an idiot would suggest he would not become one the best in the NFL.

Carson Wentz has to improve. He needs to do better this year than he did last year. I think he has all the tool and is very smart. He is a very hard worker but that has to translate onto the field.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys just start shit for no reason. Earl is being a clown ripping Wentz. I have posted on here several times the Eagles OLINE isn't top 10 right now. Why make up shit to start problems. I expect that from Earl but you were always cool.

Just ribbing you over what you were saying a while ago about the eagles OLine being as good as Dallas. Remember the Murray bet? Just having fun.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My knock on Dak was that I believe and still do that his success was based on the weapons he had behind him. I believe that any good QB would put up career numbers with the Cowboys offense. Some take that as bashing him but that is not my intent. If he performs the same way this year and the year after that I would have to arguably say he is the best QB in the NFL. I am just not ready to annoint him after one season. However.........based on what he was able to accomplish only an idiot would suggest he would not become one the best in the NFL.

Carson Wentz has to improve. He needs to do better this year than he did last year. I think he has all the tool and is very smart. He is a very hard worker but that has to translate onto the field.
Fair enough, but then don't change that to 4 years after he has 3 good ones:thumb:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting...you always like having that work horse RB you can hand it to 30 times a gm, but I thought the combo of Bernard & Hill was tough to defend. Even with Mixon I still expect Bernard to get the same amount of touches....maybe more as a receiver now.

Over the 5 yr playoff 1st rd losing streak, the OFC scored an average of 11.8 pts...and some of those were fairly high ranking OFC teams.

Yes hard to defend. I'm speaking purely from a FF lens.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The year before Dak should be all the proof anyone needs that not just any QB could go back there and do what he did.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All fair points, again reasons I'm in the showe line.
I know Trubisky isn't NFCE and I've ripped the trade but I wont deny he has potential as a NFL QB. I have no issues claiming most NFL positions are going to be great with just a few games under their belt, but QBs have greater fluctuate rates.
Both Wentz and Dak could flame out, we just dont know.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
desire and work ethic goes a long way
I'll double down on Dak

Yeah he has that Russell Wilson, ( hate to admit it) they knock him for this or that, but the bottom line is they win.
I'm not saying Dak is is the next Wilson, I'm just saying he entered the league like Wilson no chance in hell, worked his butt off and continues to grow...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year before Dak should be all the proof anyone needs that not just any QB could go back there and do what he did.

The year before Dak Prescott there was no Ezekiel Elliot and Dez Bryant missed 7 games.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but then don't change that to 4 years after he has 3 good ones:thumb:

If he performs like last year for 3 consecutive years and I say give me one more year......I would deserve to get roasted.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fair points, again reasons I'm in the showe line.
I know Trubisky isn't NFCE and I've ripped the trade but I wont deny he has potential as a NFL QB. I have no issues claiming most NFL positions are going to be great with just a few games under their belt, but QBs have greater fluctuate rates.
Both Wentz and Dak could flame out, we just dont know.

I agree. I actually Trubisky was a horrible..horrible pick. The fact that the Bears gave up so much to trade up made them look like fools IMO. However so far I have been impressed with what I have seen of Trubisky but I have to admit I don't put much stock in preseason.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year before Dak Prescott there was no Ezekiel Elliot and Dez Bryant missed 7 games.

He still had the same OL and a 1k yard rusher.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude relax the whole thread is trolling at it's finest, :yo: thank you by the way :yo:
Every year we have a little pre funk with that trash talking, relax man the season is almost here...

I just wish the Skins fans could enjoy it a little before Captain Kirk heads to the Bay area!

They'll enjoy whooping that eagle ass soon:mad2:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
desire and work ethic goes a long way
I'll double down on Dak
Yep, seems no one has any clue about Daks work ethic. Dak has been studying film with coaches to learn how Defenses will try to counter him.