• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Belongs to the Eagles now....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year before Dak Prescott there was no Ezekiel Elliot and Dez Bryant missed 7 games.
Yeah but Dez missed 3 games last year and was hobbled for about half a dozen. He wasn't the "normal" Dez for most of last year. Plus T Smith missed a couple of games and none of it bothered him or slowed him down. Free wasn't very good, Collins went down. Nothing bothered him or slowed him down. And McFadden finished 3rd in the entire NFL in rushing that year even though he only started 10 games so he played pretty well

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a top 5 defense and finished 7-9. Make up more excuses. I'm sorry your team doesn't know how to draft WRs and gave away RBs like McCoy. Nobody feels sorry for you. But yeah, keep raving about shit he hasn't even accomplished yet.

Utter BS for most of the season - as anybody who has any understanding of defensive play tells you.

Arguably the worst set of CB's in the league, epecially when they lost they nickel CB, which forced Jenkins into the third CB position, completely exposing the defensive backfield. Three step drop, get the ball out quick and there was on way the DB's could cover.

Worst WR corps in the NFL by miles, and an O-line that was a mess for much of the season (not only losing Peters and Johnson for games, but also other shuffling going on).

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you both. SEC is not NFL quality, not even close. But it is a better practice for you than FCS. It's the old "big fish little pond, or little fish big pond" scenario. If I go out and play pickup basketball with my son I'm going to annihilate him and look like Lebron out there, but that isn't preparing me to play in the NBA. However if I go out and scrimmage against a D-league team, then that would be a much better prep.

On the other hand, the way QB's are playing in the FBS most of the time (including the SEC) is not compatible with playing in the NFL. Where much of FBS systems are based on overmatching opponents by having a few superb athletes, this no longer is feasible in the NFL, as there every single player is a superb athlete.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year before Dak should be all the proof anyone needs that not just any QB could go back there and do what he did.

The year before that there was no Elliot either. And yes, Elliot being there as well as Bryant was a huge difference (and advantage to Dak).

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I take it your not crediting the OL for Zeks success.

I am not. I argued last year that Zeke should should have been the rookie of the year and a contender for MVP. I felt he was that good. The comparison between Zeke and McFadden is not even remotely close. Defenses did not respect the Cowboys rush offense with McFadden like they did with Zeke. The offensive line is a big part of a RB's success but great RB's see the holes faster. Zeke is that special kind of player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not. I argued last year that Zeke should should have been the rookie of the year and a contender for MVP. I felt he was that good. The comparison between Zeke and McFadden is not even remotely close. Defenses did not respect the Cowboys rush offense with McFadden like they did with Zeke. The offensive line is a big part of a RB's success but great RB's see the holes faster. Zeke is that special kind of player.
Really? They had the whole defense, the cheerleaders and the team bus in the box in 2015 against us.
Now you can say it was because the QBs weren't very good, but that would bring the discussion right back to Dak being a main reason...hmmm...how to play it...:scratch:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the opposite, the passing game scared no one because Dallas refused to throw deep.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I take it your not crediting the OL for Zeks success.

Then you are taking it wrong. Did I say that I do not credit the OL for Elliot's succes?

And I responded to someone suggesting/arguing that Dak was the only difference between the 2016 and 2017 - and that therefore the improvement of Dallas' record was all Dak. The O-line already was there in 2015.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year before Dak should be all the proof anyone needs that not just any QB could go back there and do what he did.

Yeah Dak and Nick Foles... that's me praying Dak is the next Foles :)

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you are taking it wrong. Did I say that I do not credit the OL for Elliot's succes?

And I responded to someone suggesting/arguing that Dak was the only difference between the 2016 and 2017 - and that therefore the improvement of Dallas' record was all Dak. The O-line already was there in 2015.
Got it, but the support from 2015 to 2016 isn't all that different, excusing Dak with "Any QB" will look good with that team isn't exactly fair. Does he haveva better offense around him than many other QBs, Yes, but the QBs in 15 with this played no wherr near his level.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it, but the support from 2015 to 2016 isn't all that different, excusing Dak with "Any QB" will look good with that team isn't exactly fair. Does he haveva better offense around him than many other QBs, Yes, but the QBs in 15 with this played no wherr near his level.

But Elliot and a healthier Bryant makes a massive difference. Yeah, Dak is probably better than anyone who played QB for you in 2015, but so was his supporting cast. And neither did I make the 'any QB' argument. That said, I can think of few if any QB's in the league that had the supporting cast on offense and system that Dak had last season.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Elliot and a healthier Bryant makes a massive difference. Yeah, Dak is probably better than anyone who played QB for you in 2015, but so was his supporting cast. And neither did I make the 'any QB' argument. That said, I can think of few if any QB's in the league that had the supporting cast on offense and system that Dak had last season.
I'll cede Zeke is an upgrade and a healthy Dez is an upgrade, but Dez still required double teams and or the other teams best CB, add in McFadden played very well in 15. I'll agree and I'd expect most Cowboy fans will also that Dak had better talent on his side, but I'm saying it's not as great a difference as being suggested.
As for the "Any QB" comment it wasnt directed just at you. You have to understand we've heard it a lot.
We we still hear about how Emmitt was only good because of the OL, Irving and Aikman. A day later it Aikman was only good because of Smith, Irving and the OL, or Irving was only good because.... Sorry but those claims get old.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright time to pull this back up and seriously after the past couple days, Eagles own this now,

I mean Zek, ( buddy don't admit to to stuff :doh:)

And the starting safety walks out on the Skins!

It's real folks, get ready to crown your NFC East division Champs the Philadelphia Eagles 2017!

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright time to pull this back up and seriously after the past couple days, Eagles own this now,

I mean Zek, ( buddy don't admit to to stuff :doh:)

And the starting safety walks out on the Skins!

It's real folks, get ready to crown your NFC East division Champs the Philadelphia Eagles 2017!

Granted it's not a good look, but doesn't that make him appear more truthful than Ms. Thompson. With or without Zeke you ain't got a snowballs chance in hell of stopping the Dallas O. Dak will again show how the Eagles overpaid for a 2nd rd QB.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted it's not a good look, but doesn't that make him appear more truthful than Ms. Thompson. With or without Zeke you ain't got a snowballs chance in hell of stopping the Dallas O. Dak will again show how the Eagles overpaid for a 2nd rd QB.

:scratch: Dude they released Chase Daniels last year, and besides that Dak has to face one of the top three front seven in the league twice this season!

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the cowboys games in 2015? Teams loaded the box against McFadden because they knew our QB's were dogshit. They definitely respected our run offense way more than getting burned by whatever qb we had back there.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh let's bump this bitch on up shall we.......:hammer:

Anyone else ready to see Carson Palmer have the game of his life tonight?

Yeah me too!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the division is still a toss up. I think the Giants are done though. I think it is safe to assume they will not win the division. Eli played great yesterday IMO but he faced a defense that did not suit 4 members of the secondary and then Cox and Hicks went out in the second quarter. The defense was missing a good portion of it's key players. I still believe the defense is legit but offensively they are just bad.

The Cowboys are still the favorite IMO. Tonight's game IMO could swing my opinion in either direction. A poor performance win or lose would prove they not upper echelon. A dominant performance could help sway the opinion that the performance against the Bronco's was an anomaly.

The Skins are better than I thought they were. They were dominant against the Raiders and maybe some of us wrote them off just way too soon.

Homerism aside I am not quite sure what to make about the Eagles. Part of me wants to say they are a really good team because they beat an underrated Redskins team. Lost to a superbowl contender Chiefs on the road with a good performance and they beat a Giants team while missing most of their defense. I still think the Giants defense is very good.

So as of right now this is how I rank the division.

1. Cowboys
2. Eagles
3. Redskins
4. Giants.