• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC/AFC Best Team Draft : CHAT

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos is OTC and text. Purguy you get 1 more pick.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full Draft Thread is up to date and wow my list went from 10 to 5 quickly. Nice picks guys.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spend the $375 on taking the family and few of us SportsHoopla guys to 6 flags that's what you should spend the money on. Odds he becomes a professional player = low. Odds uncle Ritz falls into the fountain and makes the trip memorable = guaranteed

I played football through college and I've seen talent, I know the odds are very low... But here's a story... I was pretty good in high school tore my acl moved from TE and DE to RT... I was pretty good there just undersized (6-1 245 was my College size)... All conference, went to a CCollege we won the Southern Cali bowl and I got a full ride to a D2 in Atlanta... Thing was that entire time the most I benched was 285, after reconstruction I never went to 1 rehab session... I played on talent and during games I left it on the field... IMO the right coaching, dedication and support and maybe I take another step and I'd be drafting me in round 22, well maybe a practice team player lol... The point of that story is, I never want my boys to feel that "what if" feeling, or at least in the sense of was every opportunity taken... If they finish before MLB calls I'm good with that, but I don't want to short change them especially when 1) they enjoy it 2) I see some talent there... They are both excellent students so adding that to the equation 1) it could lead to a scholarship 2) playing baseball isn't the only job in baseball coaching, front office, sports medicine, sports media etc 3) lastly MLB isn't the only league there is to play baseball and get paid... They can play for a minor league team, Asia, not sure of anything over seas beside Asia... Sports offer so many different opportunities paying $370 now and more is an investment, plus I'm still waiting for Nos to take us to Six Flags... :nod:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bart Oates was taken in the 16th round by nos. Unless Bart Oats is a different center that I don't know about.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played football through college and I've seen talent, I know the odds are very low... But here's a story... I was pretty good in high school tore my acl moved from TE and DE to RT... I was pretty good there just undersized (6-1 245 was my College size)... All conference, went to a CCollege we won the Southern Cali bowl and I got a full ride to a D2 in Atlanta... Thing was that entire time the most I benched was 285, after reconstruction I never went to 1 rehab session... I played on talent and during games I left it on the field... IMO the right coaching, dedication and support and maybe I take another step and I'd be drafting me in round 22, well maybe a practice team player lol... The point of that story is, I never want my boys to feel that "what if" feeling, or at least in the sense of was every opportunity taken... If they finish before MLB calls I'm good with that, but I don't want to short change them especially when 1) they enjoy it 2) I see some talent there... They are both excellent students so adding that to the equation 1) it could lead to a scholarship 2) playing baseball isn't the only job in baseball coaching, front office, sports medicine, sports media etc 3) lastly MLB isn't the only league there is to play baseball and get paid... They can play for a minor league team, Asia, not sure of anything over seas beside Asia... Sports offer so many different opportunities paying $370 now and more is an investment, plus I'm still waiting for Nos to take us to Six Flags... :nod:

I hope you know I wasn't saying your sons will never make the pros. I was just kidding around saying you should take us to 6 flags since I doubt Nos will open up his pocket book for us. He rather take his 16yr old girl friends there. :dhd:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 100% location. When Erik played in the State All Star game in Round Rock, there was a kid thats commited to Texas that came in throwing 97 mph heat...down the pipe...he got knocked off the mound. 95 down the middle to a major leaguer is straight meat...
That has nothing to do with what NOS was saying. He said that MLB should move the fences back because players were trying to hit home runs every at bat instead of trying to get base hits.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bart Oates was taken in the 16th round by nos. Unless Bart Oats is a different center that I don't know about.

1) He meant Quaker not Bart
2) @purguy12 please repick

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you know I wasn't saying your sons will never make the pros. I was just kidding around saying you should take us to 6 flags since I doubt Nos will open up his pocket book for us. He rather take his 16yr old girl friends there. :dhd:

No... I try to be as realistic as possible when it comes to them and sports... Was clarifying why I'm so interested in getting them the best opportunities... At the same time I don't have money to waste so I'm looking for the guidance from a guy who's been there and done it so I don't make unnecessary commitments... I went to QB/WR camp one time when I was in high school (coach paid :yes:) and it was a great experience that taught me a lot, but I was in high school... Would I have benefited from it as much as an 8 and/or 11 yo, not so sure... I think so, but he hasn't steered me wrong up until now and he did a great job with Erik so looking forward to his thoughts on the situation... :nod:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nos selected Hall and Oats... He thought this was the music section... :nod:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the player's fault that they try to hit a home run every at bat instead of trying to control where the ball goes and swinging a little softer? It's because the fence just seems so close, but if they push it back to give the illusion that it is unattainable, players will only try to get base hits instead?

Honestly I'm not sure what you're saying here. Chicks dig the long ball, kids see how home run hitters are treated and wanna be one even if that's not their game. Maybe if the league were to make it nearly impossible for most people to hit home runs the league would be much more enjoyable to watch. The most exciting play in baseball is the triple!

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to clarify what your original point was with moving the fences back. You said that it's MLB's fault that the game is like this now with everyone trying to hit a home run instead of hitting for average. I think that if that is the reason, then it is on the players (maybe coaches, but they don't do much) to try to get base hits.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has nothing to do with what NOS was saying. He said that MLB should move the fences back because players were trying to hit home runs every at bat instead of trying to get base hits.
Ah, well, excuse the Fuck out of me

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to clarify what your original point was with moving the fences back. You said that it's MLB's fault that the game is like this now with everyone trying to hit a home run instead of hitting for average. I think that if that is the reason, then it is on the players (maybe coaches, but they don't do much) to try to get base hits.

It is MLB's fault, they actually have a home run derby during the All Star Game festivities, why not have a hit the ball into 8 different zones in the outfield event? Why not you ask??? CUZ NOBODY GIVES A FUCK!

Nobody cares about the player who hits singles, people worship home run hitters.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Johnny...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is MLB's fault, they actually have a home run derby during the All Star Game festivities, why not have a hit the ball into 8 different zones in the outfield event? Why not you ask??? CUZ NOBODY GIVES A FUCK!

Nobody cares about the player who hits singles, people worship home run hitters.

Plenty of players have made a nice living hitting base hits. The name of the game is winning and it players and coaches don't realize that hitting for average will be more successful than the long ball, then that is on them. It's not MLB's fault.