• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next week - Arizona Cardinals

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is confirmed, but I was reading that Fitzgerald suffered a concussion against the Titans and may have to sit next week? Huge blow if this is true.

Regardless, one more win and HFA!

Last edited by a moderator:

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is confirmed, but I was reading that Fitzgerald suffered a concussion against the Titans and may have to sit next week? Huge blow if this is true.

Regardless, one more win and HFA!

Carson Palmer also suffered a high ankle sprain, though he was able to finish the game.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona is in the race for a playoff spot. All their stars will play even if they are banged up. They have no room for caution right now.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if fitzgerald has a concussion he wont play.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona is in the race for a playoff spot. All their stars will play even if they are banged up. They have no room for caution right now.

They're a tortoise vs a few Hare's and the Hares aren't over confident or sleepy.

Zona has to win out vs Hawks and 9ers and either the Saints or Panthers have to lose both.
Panthers play at Atlanta and Saints host the Bucs on week 17.

Uh, No...

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals are in it....it's just a lonshot..Saints taking my son to see the huge Panthers/ Saints game this weekend...

The Cards can get in if they lose to Seattle and the Panthers lose twice, which could happen. As scrappy as the Falcons are, the Panthers generally dont play well there.

Cardinals have to play a time capsule game to beat Seattle. I don't see it happening, but stranger things have happened. It would be nice if they could actu!lly SACK RW....I think he escaped pressure 4-5 times to make huge plays in Arizona...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if fitzgerald has a concussion he wont play.

Not true. There is a concussion protocol that I believe is a minimum of 3 days, but as long as each days tests are passed a player can be cleared. It depends on the severity of the concussion and how the player responds to it. If at any point a test is failed then the protocol starts over and you go back to day 1.

If he had a more or less minor concussion and doesn't have any problems recovering he will easily make the next game.

I hope he does play as I'd much rather beat a team at full strength this time of year than coast along. This team needs to keep working hard every game no matter what our magic number is.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals are in it....it's just a lonshot..Saints taking my son to see the huge Panthers/ Saints game this weekend...

The Cards can get in if they lose to Seattle and the Panthers lose twice, which could happen. As scrappy as the Falcons are, the Panthers generally dont play well there.

Cardinals have to play a time capsule game to beat Seattle. I don't see it happening, but stranger things have happened. It would be nice if they could actu!lly SACK RW....I think he escaped pressure 4-5 times to make huge plays in Arizona...

Tough year for Zona to be playing so well because in many years, they'd a w.c. squad. They are playing well enough, for sure.

However, to think the Panthers are going to lose 2 straight, would be strange. I don't see them losing either game, especially at Atlanta. Atlanta stinks and the Saints can't find a groove on the road.

Panthers #2 seed, Saints #6. I really can't stand book it... How about :lock1:

I feel bad for Panther fans because as soon as a lock comes out, all hell breaks loose. This lock may be exactly what Zona needs... Speaking of locks, how's that Jamaal Charles call from a few years ago looking? :laugh3: Anyone avg more yds per carry in the history of the NFL? And Ruskell decided on John Carlson... :L

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers are good...but remember, the Cardinals beat them easily and convincingly...

And trust me, as well as they are playing....they can EASILY lose to both the Saints and then theit's a lcons on the road. This team plays well when they are loose...when they are pressured, its a different ballgame for them.

Yes,Yes....Good call on Charles....

That makes up for you an anointing Landry Jones as the Seahawks savior:-)

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week a Niner fan friend of mine was really trying to convince himself that the Hawks could lose to the Giants. This feels sort of the same, although I will admit this game will be much tougher, even though we will be at home. I am not trying to bash the Cards, Cakes, I just believe the Hawks will control this game. Your run defense will give us trouble. Maybe it will be a 17-10 sort of affair, but in the end the Hawks win and the Cards playoff hopes are dashed. (with a Car win as well)

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I fully expect the Cardinals to lose...but they've grown considerably over the past few weeks. The offense gets Arians scheme now and it shows. We need all our weapons though...having Rob Housler back would be key...he is a mismatch formost teams and was starting to produce...and Ellington us eelectric.

I think the Cardinals will hang around for a bit, but when it's all said and done, Seattle will win.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I fully expect the Cardinals to lose...but they've grown considerably over the past few weeks. The offense gets Arians scheme now and it shows. We need all our weapons though...having Rob Housler back would be key...he is a mismatch formost teams and was starting to produce...and Ellington us eelectric.

I think the Cardinals will hang around for a bit, but when it's all said and done, Seattle will win.

I liked Ellington at Clemon. I knew Andre but never knew Maxwell. Living down south, did you ever see Maxwell? I had never heard of him.

cakes, I'm rooting for your Birds to make the playoffs. It would be outstanding for the NFCW to send 3 teams after being a laughing stock just a few years ago.

1.You lose to the Hawks but beat SF.
2. Carolina loses to the Saints and to the Falcons.
3. Philly beats Chicago and Dallas.
4. Chicago beats GB.

Then it's:

1. Hawks
2. Saints
3. Eagles
4. Chicago
5. 9er's
6. Cardinals.

WC. 9ers beat the Bears
Cards beat the Eagles in a revenge game.

Div: Hawks beat Cards
Saints beat 9ers

NFCCG: Hawks beat Saints.

With that playoff machine, that literally took 5 minutes with only 2 remaining games.

If Zona pulls back to back upsets, it would only take the Panthers to lose to the Saints.

Even if it seems remote, hey at least you have serious rooting interest in the next 2 weeks.

Good luck (except vs Hawks, of course) :suds:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers are good...but remember, the Cardinals beat them easily and convincingly...

And trust me, as well as they are playing....they can EASILY lose to both the Saints and then theit's a lcons on the road. This team plays well when they are loose...when they are pressured, its a different ballgame for them.

Yes,Yes....Good call on Charles....

That makes up for you an anointing Landry Jones as the Seahawks savior:-)

Hey now, hey now, that was during his JR year, bro... I have absolutely no problem admitting
mistakes because we all make 'em but I was off that LJ train when he returned for his SR year. I
had new evaluation and said he stunk. Seriously, bro, he folded under pressure like a cheap tent in a blizzard.

The QB I was wrong about was Blaine Gabbert but I ditched Landry Jones. QB's are tough because you don't know what's between the ears which is so paramount.

Heck, I thought Manning was a bust. He had Happy feet at UT and couldn't beat Florida. 0-4 :laugh3: :L After watching Brees vs the Dawgs in the Rose Bowl, I thought he was only a system QB. :laugh3: :L

My best selections were liking Tom Brady, a lot and that's serious. I saw him a couple of times and especially in the Orange Bowl when I was with buddies in Vegas at the millenium vs Bama. It was Brady vs Shaun Alexander, who I also liked. Brady was vintage and looks the same in that game as he does now. He could slide a yard or two to his left and fire bullets. David Terrell became a top 10 pick because of Brady. True, chit, bro.

I also nailed Aaron Rodgers and we had that discussion a few years back in Matt Leinart discussions. I fell for his skills after watching him dismantle a great Va Tech D in some bowl game without his top receiver and throwing to a bunch of slow white guys... :lol:

Another one we debated a few years back was I was always in the Cutler camp vs Leinart. Cutler hasn't turned out like I saw at Vandy because he lacks matter between the ears and acts like Favre at his worst. Jay has all the physical gifts in the world but so have a lot of guys.... i.e. Jeff George...

I've blown plenty and I have no probs admitting it. Heck, I act like a GM but know I'm far from it... Sure, I was way better than Ruskell but who wasn't. PC/JS turn carbon into diamonds with no pressure. They are flat out amazing. :nod:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of QB's, Cakes, did we ever discuss RWill?

I ask because if I'm not mistaken we both liked him at NCST and
he was in your back yard. I thought we talked about him. I had
that ESPN college package when I watched a ton of college ball.

Of course, I never ever thought he was going to be this good. I
figured a back up in the Seneca Wallace mode with better decision making
because one year he only had 1 or 2 interceptions. Way too
many games and way too many conversations to remember who it
was with but I thought it was briefly with you. :noidea:

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we did...I liked RWill a lot at NCstate...
Many Cardinal fans mocked me with the " too small".Garbage argument based on nothing but bis height.

I told you I stood right next to him when they beat Gardner Webb his Soph. Season.

He didn't look small, he is thick.....like a RB, and has a gun.

I actually wanted the Cardinals to grab him, but Graves and WHIS were fans of big oafish qbs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember talking with Cakes about Russell Wilson. Cakes thought he was good, but would have to ride the pine for a bit and I told him that Wilson would win the starter job. Cakes was a good sport about it.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember talking with Cakes about Russell Wilson. Cakes thought he was good, but would have to ride the pine for a bit and I told him that Wilson would win the starter job. Cakes was a good sport about it.

Had I been a part of that debate, I would have been in Cake's corner. I actually lost a half case of beer to a friend when we bet who the starting QB was going to be in the first game last season. One of the few time where I was glad that I was wrong.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early spread is 10 pts

I've been going all in on the Seahawks for 3 weeks straight. I'm not sure that's a great line. I see this maybe becoming a game similar to the Titans game where they will play tough d on us and keep it relatively close.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go all in to often and sooner or later you'll lose one. I'm going to put some down on the Seahawks, but not to sure yet how much. I want to build my vCash to the max for when( I hope) the Seahawks are in the Superbowl. I'm going to be all in for that one ( if it happens) for sure.