• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next OC and DC:

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So it would seem its comes down to Raiders Throw offs...for a former position of strength our DC. Classic case of throwing the baby out with the bath water. So if not the Raiders Tarver, who is the next man standing for DC interviews?

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Still keeping fingers crossed on Shanny Sr. As OC/ senior advisor / asst. HC.. Or something along those lines...best scenario possible now.. Shanny Sr. Mentor maybe Shanny Jr. OC even though Shanny Jr turned down interview out of probable respect to dad and not wanting to preempt the process. Devil is always in the details.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still keeping fingers crossed on Shanny Sr. As OC/ senior advisor / asst. HC.. Or something along those lines...best scenario possible now.. Shanny Sr. Mentor maybe Shanny Jr. OC even though Shanny Jr turned down interview out of probable respect to dad and not wanting to preempt the process. Devil is always in the details.

JMO here but I feel that the pick of Tomsula as the HC might throw off some candidates for the OC and DC postitions. A HC without a staff that he can bring in is troubling. It might be hard to gel so many coaching techniques in a short time to be fluid. This move would appear to most as a rebuilding mode.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For the record Roman wasn't fired...Fangio and Donnatell were. For the record I suggested that OC position S/b changed so consistent with firing back in October 2014 and as early as last year voiced problems with the play calling maybe even earlier..but am somewhat intrigued by the fact that he is still employable. That's one of the things about life it's full of intracies and so called contradictions. Case and point is the hiring of Tomsula as HC...in an effort to retain staff and keep continuity we end up firing staff and losing continuity. So moving forward meant getting rid of Fangio and Donnatell something no one was advocating. It is said wars have unintended consequences and this is a prime example. Tomsula has rave reviews from players...that's good...now we need desperately to find replacement of Quality to salvage the decimated ranks of the coaching staff now on the defensive side as well as the offense. so what started out as a HC search is now a wholesale talent search on both sides of the ball. Wonderful state of affairs..but when given broken eggs make an omelette ,right? Sounds like a plan ...eat breakfast...omelette it is then..

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO here but I feel that the pick of Tomsula as the HC might throw off some candidates for the OC and DC postitions. A HC without a staff that he can bring in is troubling. It might be hard to gel so many coaching techniques in a short time to be fluid. This move would appear to most as a rebuilding mode.

I agree with this post. Big negative of hiring Tomsula is he doesn't have a staff or even part staff to bring with him. To me this looks like a rebuild. Looks like we are having trouble filling spots. It might be time to look at some College coaches. Most NFL coaches don't want to touch our team.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes, your feelings are echoed here also. Also, starting with a presumed low base pay for Tomsula means we are not likely to be able to throw money at the problem..but time will tell given we haven't seen Tomsula's contract so far...presumed to be in the 2-3 M a year range. God I wish we had retained Fangio somehow. Who is the best available 4-3 guy out there right now. I understand the reasoning here of trying to get the best 7 out there on the field at the same time but it does look like another rebuild not re- tool issue to deal with. Is 4-3 the way to go in this pass happy era? Thoughts anyone?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, your feelings are echoed here also. Also, starting with a presumed low base pay for Tomsula means we are not likely to be able to throw money at the problem..but time will tell given we haven't seen Tomsula's contract so far...presumed to be in the 2-3 M a year range. God I wish we had retained Fangio somehow. Who is the best available 4-3 guy out there right now. I understand the reasoning here of trying to get the best 7 out there on the field at the same time but it does look like another rebuild not re- tool issue to deal with. Is 4-3 the way to go in this pass happy era? Thoughts anyone?

IMO no way. Not for the 9ers anyway. We are at the point where one might say "If it aint broke, don't fix it". If the 9ers go to the 4-3 then we need to look at DT and DE more in the FA and the draft rather than focusing on the crappy offense the 9ers put up last season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record Roman wasn't fired...Fangio and Donnatell were. For the record I suggested that OC position S/b changed so consistent with firing back in October 2014 and as early as last year voiced problems with the play calling maybe even earlier..but am somewhat intrigued by the fact that he is still employable. That's one of the things about life it's full of intracies and so called contradictions. Case and point is the hiring of Tomsula as HC...in an effort to retain staff and keep continuity we end up firing staff and losing continuity. So moving forward meant getting rid of Fangio and Donnatell something no one was advocating. It is said wars have unintended consequences and this is a prime example. Tomsula has rave reviews from players...that's good...now we need desperately to find replacement of Quality to salvage the decimated ranks of the coaching staff now on the defensive side as well as the offense. so what started out as a HC search is now a wholesale talent search on both sides of the ball. Wonderful state of affairs..but when given broken eggs make an omelette ,right? Sounds like a plan ...eat breakfast...omelette it is then..

I don't think Roman was outright released, but just a guess here. I think he was told after xmas go try and find a job before you're canned

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am crossing my fingers for Shanny Sr. Hope he was up to something when he was over at Chevys in San Francisco

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

it isn't unusual for any new HC, to bring in his new staff. said another way, it isn't unusual for former Assistants to leave when their HC leaves.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Its time to get over Harbaugh. If you want to become a Raider fan nobody is stopping you. Good luck with that.

Bah-Bye

eric_cartman_south_park_get_the_fudge_out.jpg

Raiders will be better than the 9ers next year.

How'd that taste?

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, you are saying that if Roman wanted to be here in 2015 he would be here?

It could also be that they always intended to hire Tomsula and didnt expect Fangio or much of the staff to stay at all. Why? because usually when a new HC comes in the staff doesnt stay the same. My point is that you should stop assuming you know what the FOs intentions and goals are.

You already backtracked once on one of your rantings because of the Shannahan reports that have come out. Which should have told you maybe you have no idea what the FO is doing.

I thought your M.O. was to let things play out? Speculation is one thing but saying the FO is doing it wrong before we know the full outcome is not smart. It makes for constant "life intricacies".