• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next OC and DC:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you haven't had a chance to read David Harris book on the 49ers (about the Walsh era), it is a good read with some real funny moments. Apparently, Walsh was burned out after the 1988 season and really needed to get out. The 49ers actually offered Shanny the HC job before Seifert left but Shannihan thought accepting it would have betrayed Seifert. Both Terry Donahue and Erickson came at the recommendation of Bill Walsh so I can't blame management too much for that as who wouldn't listen to Walsh. I felt bad for Erickson as he thought he was going to be coaching a veteran team and then Donahue gutted the team afterwords. Didn't care much for Nolan hire. Was willing to give Singletary a chance but that turned into a disaster.

YES!

fans will forever blame John York whole heartedly, and as Owner he does take responsibility. But if Walsh had recommended those guys to me, i would've taken his advice too.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok prior history of past mgmt fess up time...loved Walsh..hated running Walsh out...but we had Seifert to fall back on..loved him also but wanted Shaany retained somehow but he bolted to greener pastures in Denver...like Moochie not a fan of his firing...liked Ericsson at Oregon but he was a disaster...not a fan of Nolan but understood he was company man..when fired understood reason of lack of success..immediately hated Singletary hire..absolutely bad do...immediately loved Harbs hire Go Jed era!! Hated the Baalke power play getting rid of him.dismissal ear...post Harbs era on the way: first action Hire : Loyalist Tomsula..meh so unimmaginative bland hired...not qualified tag for the job..will he work out maybe..but at so much more damage of losing Fangio ..so net negative..power now concentrated in the hands of one man Baalke...so much more risk of failure from a higher level of expectations and talent level...so easier to fail...just listen to York :only winning the Super Bowl is good enough...so most likely scenario is he will not win a SB...by that measure he will not be successful since that expectation is not reasonable. Most likely 11-5 to 10-6 next year...fine by me as we will be respectable but not likely to win it all.

I'd rather have Tomsula and his staff in step with Baalke, versus Harbaugh and Baalke butting heads. So call Tomsula 'loyalist' no problem, but everyone on the same page is best. Will he have the same 'instant' success as Harbaugh? NO, but who else would've?

Harbaugh is the best coach if you just isolate him alone, but success would've been fleeting even for him, butting heads with Baalke. This past season proved dissension among the ranks doesn't work.

BTW - If some wanted Baalke gone instead, fine, but that's for another thread.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!

fans will forever blame John York whole heartedly, and as Owner he does take responsibility. But if Walsh had recommended those guys to me, i would've taken his advice too.

York did other things which rightly deserves criticism. But if Walsh had recommended a GM to me, I would be hard to doubt his judgement

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
York did other things which rightly deserves criticism. But if Walsh had recommended a GM to me, I would be hard to doubt his judgement

imagine the criticism had he NOT listened to Walsh? Imagine if the guy he had chosen instead, failed?

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you haven't had a chance to read David Harris book on the 49ers (about the Walsh era), it is a good read with some real funny moments. Apparently, Walsh was burned out after the 1988 season and really needed to get out. The 49ers actually offered Shanny the HC job before Seifert left but Shannihan thought accepting it would have betrayed Seifert. Both Terry Donahue and Erickson came at the recommendation of Bill Walsh so I can't blame management too much for that as who wouldn't listen to Walsh. I felt bad for Erickson as he thought he was going to be coaching a veteran team and then Donahue gutted the team afterwords. Didn't care much for Nolan hire. Was willing to give Singletary a chance but that turned into a disaster.

Thanks for the suggestion..no I havent:suds: read the book so should bring back some memories....I do remember Walsh being burned out though with Eddie D also being in the mix pushing all the time...Didn't know Shanny was offered job but turned it down over loyalty ...good for him...erickson came highly recommended...I liked the hire but alas success was not to be...the rest we know about due to it's just recent history... For me, I just want a reasonable reason to hope and I'm all good....terrible thing to smash hope and up until today hope has taken a nose dive hence all the posts. No one wants to see a return to what we just came thru pre Harbs I think we can all agree.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd rather have Tomsula and his staff in step with Baalke, versus Harbaugh and Baalke butting heads. So call Tomsula 'loyalist' no problem, but everyone on the same page is best. Will he have the same 'instant' success as Harbaugh? NO, but who else would've?

Harbaugh is the best coach if you just isolate him alone, but success would've been fleeting even for him, butting heads with Baalke. This past season proved dissension among the ranks doesn't work.

BTW - If some wanted Baalke gone instead, fine, but that's for another thread.

No I wasn't for canning Baalke either....just we can't all get along kinda guy..just no reason for this with so much success...more of why so much drama..i coach a very minor sport and always preach "no drama queens approach please". Work it out..leave the egos at the door...so this is beyond me...Baalke and Harbs and York all have big egos me thinks so more of a too many chiefs and not enough Indians type of deal..so I do agree that in the end their can only be one type of solution..I just wish it didn't come down to a wholesale firing of the coaching staff as it did. But alas such is life in the real world...

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you noticed I don't post much during the season...I actually let it play Out..then evaluate..then post...
So did the Harbs mutual parting play out well? Ugh no it didn't go over well with the fan base...your reaction..who cares?....did we retain the"good" coaches like Fangio and Donnatell and contain the damage? Ugh no we fired them all...your reaction...jump on the Tomsula/York/Baalke bandwagon dujour....your action are a cheerleader for management...sorry that bandwagon is such a lonely place right now...I choose not to get with the program..sorry to disappoint you..some of us are not cheerleaders...some of us think independently of Management and actually don't like what is going down right now. So go now and drum up as much support as you can right now..and go fill Jed coffee cup if you must.

:L

Really? Because it seems to me that you are full of shit.

Has nothing to do loving management has more to do with looking at it in a realistic lens and not bashing for the sake of bashing, which is all that you have been doing. Just watching your constant contradictions in the last 48 hours or so in an attempt to bash everything the FO has done has been hilarious to watch.
So by all means continue. please continue.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks for the suggestion..no I havent:suds: read the book so should bring back some memories....I do remember Walsh being burned out though with Eddie D also being in the mix pushing all the time...Didn't know Shanny was offered job but turned it down over loyalty ...good for him...erickson came highly recommended...I liked the hire but alas success was not to be...the rest we know about due to it's just recent history... For me, I just want a reasonable reason to hope and I'm all good....terrible thing to smash hope and up until today hope has taken a nose dive hence all the posts. No one wants to see a return to what we just came thru pre Harbs I think we can all agree.

agree and one reason not to be negative over Tomsula. At this point we should take Baalke/Tomsula (and new Staff) team as positive. The organization is now in sync, so it has reasonable hope.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No I wasn't for canning Baalke either....just we can't all get along kinda guy..just no reason for this with so much success...more of why so much drama..i coach a very minor sport and always preach "no drama queens approach please". Work it out..leave the egos at the door...so this is beyond me...Baalke and Harbs and York all have big egos me thinks so more of a too many chiefs and not enough Indians type of deal..so I do agree that in the end their can only be one type of solution..I just wish it didn't come down to a wholesale firing of the coaching staff as it did. But alas such is life in the real world...

don't think ANYONE thinks otherwise?

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:L

Really? Because it seems to me that you are full of shit.

Has nothing to do loving management has more to do with looking at it in a realistic lens and not bashing for the sake of bashing, which is all that you have been doing. Just watching your constant contradictions in the last 48 hours or so in an attempt to bash everything the FO has done has been hilarious to watch.
So by all means continue. please continue.

Yet it is you who come on here swearing....I don't like the mgmt decisions..point is no one does...I am not cheerleader mgmt as you seem to be..show me where you personally were attacked...won't find it..all negative remarks are directed solely at mgmt..it is as if you are connected to the Jed York /Baalke/49erxs glee club...me for one have seen what this mgmt team did this year and it is not pretty...in fact your whole 49er fan base is up in arms and if you take the time to read any of their posts on other message boards they are much less civil than I. Don't like it too bad..the truth isn't pleasant..hopefully you can learn to deal with the reality that your mint group has basically destroyed what we had...for me it's just football and since I'm not a paid cheerleader I can always hope for the best to come out of a messy situation...don't blame the messenger dude...but the message is your little glee club just destroyed the success of most of what was built the last 4 years...but there is still a way to save it if they make few key hordes like Shanny Sr. To come in and mentor.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One small story from the book that always makes me laugh when I think about it is Hacksaw Reynolds. He had this old beat up Buick convertible that he drove around. Hacksaw Reynolds would dress for the game at home. He was seen driving in that old car down Highway 101 towards the stick in full uniform with his helmet on. Just picturing that is hilarious.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow..I do vaguely remember his car...I like oddballs anyways...makes life interesting...maybe why I liked Harbs a bit..doesn't fit a mold...one of a kind kind of guy :clap:

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet it is you who come on here swearing....I don't like the mgmt decisions..point is no one does...I am not cheerleader mgmt as you seem to be..show me where you personally were attacked...won't find it..all negative remarks are directed solely at mgmt..it is as if you are connected to the Jed York /Baalke/49erxs glee club...me for one have seen what this mgmt team did this year and it is not pretty...in fact your whole 49er fan base is up in arms and if you take the time to read any of their posts on other message boards they are much less civil than I. Don't like it too bad..the truth isn't pleasant..hopefully you can learn to deal with the reality that your mint group has basically destroyed what we had...for me it's just football and since I'm not a paid cheerleader I can always hope for the best to come out of a messy situation...don't blame the messenger dude...but the message is your little glee club just destroyed the success of most of what was built the last 4 years...but there is still a way to save it if they make few key hordes like Shanny Sr. To come in and mentor.
What does my swearing have anything to do with it?

The problem is that it is your truth. You are not speaking the truth. Your many contradictions should have clued you in by now that you are acting irrationally and in fact there is little truth to what you are actually saying.

Saying that everybody is mad and I am wrong because I am not mad also and citing this for a reason that I cant think for myself is fucking hilarious. By your own description who is going along with the Hive mind? You come up with any other answer then "Me" when you ask yourself this question, you are out of your mind.

If you are going to criticize fine, I have no problem with that. There are plenty of others here that have criticized the FO and I am not going after them and that is because their posts have reason and there is a point to their criticism. I am not going after you because you are special, I am going after you because most of your stuff makes no sense or is totally unfair. So if you want me to stop questioning your posts stop trying to angle everything into a pointless FO bashing.

We've heard it all, I for one am tired of hearing/reading it. So my mentality toward the people only interested in bashing, is that it is time to move on or find another team to bemoan.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What does my swearing have anything to do with it?

The problem is that it is your truth. You are not speaking the truth. Your many contradictions should have clued you in by now that you are acting irrationally and in fact there is little truth to what you are actually saying.

Saying that everybody is mad and I am wrong because I am not mad also and citing this for a reason that I cant think for myself is fucking hilarious. By your own description who is going along with the Hive mind? You come up with any other answer then "Me" when you ask yourself this question, you are out of your mind.

If you are going to criticize fine, I have no problem with that. There are plenty of others here that have criticized the FO and I am not going after them and that is because their posts have reason and there is a point to their criticism. I am not going after you because you are special, I am going after you because most of your stuff makes no sense or is totally unfair. So if you want me to stop questioning your posts stop trying to angle everything into a pointless FO bashing.

We've heard it all, I for one am tired of hearing/reading it. So my mentality toward the people only interested in bashing, is that it is time to move on or find another team to bemoan.

Rubs eyes and smiles...:lame:

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another well thought out post by optimist4720

Got really nothing to say to you dude except you've got your hands full triying to spin Jed &co.actions over last few days into something positive. Do I really need to repost all the negatives of the past 15 days? Really? Can you name one positive in that time period? Just 1. At least I have done that..the possible hiring of Shanny Sr....we are now getting turned down interviews for OC...and hiring Raiders personnel for DC. That isn't a good sign...and that's coming from a ex native oaklander... No defense of your FO just complaining about others bashing...message if you don't like the FO getting bashed maybe they should do something smart for a change...like hire someone or retain someone with some experience. Just saying the obvious to most.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will be ignoring your post from now on ,if my posts bother you I respectfully suggest you do the same.:suds:

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got really nothing to say to you dude except you've got your hands full triying to spin Jed &co.actions over last few days into something positive. Do I really need to repost all the negatives of the past 15 days? Really? Can you name one positive in that time period? Just 1. At least I have done that..the possible hiring of Shanny Sr....we are now getting turned down interviews for OC...and hiring Raiders personnel for DC. That isn't a good sign...and that's coming from a ex native oaklander... No defense of your FO just complaining about others bashing...message if you don't like the FO getting bashed maybe they should do something smart for a change...like hire someone or retain someone with some experience. Just saying the obvious to most.

I will be ignoring your post from now on ,if my posts bother you I respectfully suggest you do the same.

Well, which is it? you either want me to respond or dont care. See what i mean? Constant contradictions.

By asking me to point out one good thing just shows that you still dont understand the point but I will answer your challenge anyway with a home run everybody will agree with.
Effectively Firing Greg Roman.

Here is a bonus one that comes immediately to mind.
Interviewing The Competition with no intention of ever hiring them. I shouldnt have to explain why this was a smart move.

Alas, this post was all for not. Too bad.

Good luck to you Optimist4720 whom even your name be contradictory. Good luck, sir.

but I am afraid my well wishes shall never be heard... :bawling: