• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next OC and DC:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can somebody take the ipad away from this toddler already?

Im supposed to be impressed that you are a fair weather fan? Impressed that you like overrated jerks like Harbaugh?

But i suppose you are right, you have a right to latch onto whatever team strikes your fancy, doesnt mean that I have to take your opinions seriously. Just because you follow winners doesnt mean you know shit about what you are talking about.

Its been nothing but hate spewed from you since the Tomsula announcement and since you clearly have other options why dont you spare me your severe fingerrhea and find the nearest Michigan forums to spew your nonsensical shit.

Disclaimer: I speak for only myself. By all means carry on.

BTW if the 49ers experience similar success to the Harbaugh era going forward, Im going to make you eat every last one your brainless york/baalke bashing posts. Cant wait for next season. Either way the FO or the skeptical fans will have to deal with the things they said.

Prediction: You won't be making anybody eat their posts.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he thinks he has a shot @ the OC position in Denver. Or maybe he is sore because "daddy" did not get the HC job

Or maybe he realizes what a lot of people on this board have been posting. The 9ers are going to be garbage for another decade, and he doesn't want to hitch his pony to that wagon.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok prior history of past mgmt fess up time...loved Walsh..hated running Walsh out...but we had Seifert to fall back on..loved him also but wanted Shaany retained somehow but he bolted to greener pastures in Denver...like Moochie not a fan of his firing...liked Ericsson at Oregon but he was a disaster...not a fan of Nolan but understood he was company man..when fired understood reason of lack of success..immediately hated Singletary hire..absolutely bad do...immediately loved Harbs hire Go Jed era!! Hated the Baalke power play getting rid of him.dismissal ear...post Harbs era on the way: first action Hire : Loyalist Tomsula..meh so unimmaginative bland hired...not qualified tag for the job..will he work out maybe..but at so much more damage of losing Fangio ..so net negative..power now concentrated in the hands of one man Baalke...so much more risk of failure from a higher level of expectations and talent level...so easier to fail...just listen to York :only winning the Super Bowl is good enough...so most likely scenario is he will not win a SB...by that measure he will not be successful since that expectation is not reasonable. Most likely 11-5 to 10-6 next year...fine by me as we will be respectable but not likely to win it all.

There's no chance this team wins double-digit games next year. If they win 5 games I'd consider that a successful season under this joke of a coach.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big-lebowski-opinion-man-large.jpg

We'll see.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction: You won't be making anybody eat their posts.

Prediction: You will be chowing down your words alongside old Optimus Whine over there.

apologies if the name calling got too personal.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's no chance this team wins double-digit games next year. If they win 5 games I'd consider that a successful season under this joke of a coach.

I am giving the 49 ers some slack and credit here and the fact that the league is parity driven so with an easier schedule it could be possible. Roster wise we are not horrible, just have a weak staff right now and very questionable management. I actually read your post about taking football to seriously and taking some time off..kinda thinking I'm going to do the same....I'm not getting any younger and gots lots on my table right now. So good advice even though not given directly. just sad to see such a good coach forced to leave with not much of a contingency plan in place...so haphazard what is going on...like the single tray debacle all over again. Good luck to you .Mr WartyOne., I have enjoyed your posts over the last 5 years. :suds:

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Las Vegas odds W/L over under 2014 was 10.5 so we went under this year. They haven't set next year over under but based on the 2016 SB 49er odds are 25/1 that might imput around 9-7 is my guesstimate 2016 W/L for the 49ers.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Play refers to season 2014 playing out not coaching change playing out. Contradictions refer to management contradictions of which there have been many. I haven't retracted anything lest of which is that mgmt has done anything remotely classified as smart. Recent promotion of Tomsula not withstanding...he's a nix guy who the players like..heck what I read he's a nice guy who deserves a good break...just not what not many think is what one would call qualified . Company man ..yes ..gets along ...yes..players like him ...yes...can teach defense ..certainly great at that...but doesn't have experience in any higher capacity than DL coach..so he gets promoted based on he gets along with the boss to say the least. Is mgmt doing much to alleviate the downward PR spiral of the Harbs debacle...not really..in fact it's gotten worse since we now have the defense to worry about. And with the new announcement of a change to a 4-3 that is more uncertainty. I for one don't think that is all that big a change due to the fact we run a hybrid 3-4 now that utilizes both but it's just another thing thrown in there. If they do (please) hire Shanny Sr. And can get his son to come over and serve/work in some capacity that would start to. Calm some of the fears...but right now a lot of the fan base is up in arms over these series of events except of course the fanboys who rubber stamp mgmts. Decision without questions.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ohh and BTW Roman was not fired at the end of the season..he's just shopping himself around because he knows he is the scapegoat...heck even I wanted to see a change there since 2013, but mgmt in their infinite wisdom extended him in June of 2013 to the end of 2015 so they are technically on the hook for his contract if he doesn't find alternate employment. So for all smack talk of not wanting Roman they actually didn't fire before Harbs quit and actually extended him instead of Harbaugh and both contracts would have expired after the 2015 season. For those who hate on Roman another mgmt mistake..but one they are not likely to actually pay for given the unexpected interests from many other NFL clubs. Odds are he gets an OC job elsewhere in2015, but that doesn't change the incontinent fact that the 49ers mgmt re-upped him then turned around and wanted to fire him as shown by Baalke daughter twitter post debacle. Yeah have the daughter do it that's real "classy" facts are a biotech aren't they.. Me I don't care except that's really hell of a way to run things. Finding out stuff from twitter by the bosses unauthorized daughter popping off. Wonderful.. Did that really happen ? Yup... Doesn't change that the renewed contract before Harbaugh either then put the onus of the offense failure on his shoulders..talk about fair weather fans ..how about fair weather mgmt.? More uncomfortable truths...that's why we are interviewing Raider cast offs right now who's qualifications are way way less than Fangio who is gone with the wind...can you say wholesale destruction...I can and will...,no way to run a company to say the least. Calling a spade a spade here..even if they re one of my favorite bay area sports team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

there is still a lot of talent of the team, they just didn't have that team chemistry in 2014. IMO this talent will win more than 5 games in 2015.

yes, there will be some transitioning issues for new schemes, but don't see how ANY Coaching staff can reduce this roster to 5 or less?

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lane Kiffin is the new front runner for OC! Nothing says classless winning like Kiffin.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not a lane kiffin fan.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h2 hours ago
Alabama OC Lane Kiffin is a front-runner for 49ers OC job. Colts special assistant to HC Rob Chudzinski also under consideration.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We'll win at least five games. I'll be the homer. There should always be five worse teams we play. That's my high standard. ;)

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lane is actually a good OC but just a shitty HC. Some people are better at being a coordinator than a HC.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously,people need to chill. yes kiffin a jerk,but we aren't hiring him for his personality. they be hiring him because he's a good oc.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO here but I feel that the pick of Tomsula as the HC might throw off some candidates for the OC and DC postitions. A HC without a staff that he can bring in is troubling. It might be hard to gel so many coaching techniques in a short time to be fluid. This move would appear to most as a rebuilding mode.

On the other hand, maybe someone HC caliber sees this as a situation that they might fire Tomsula and that hiring in-house was ok. Not really thinking that coaches think that far, as they know that they have to do well to then justify a HC jump. But say Shanahan comes and the O picks up but the defense drops a bit, balls bounce the wrong way, he could get an inside claim to HC.

Not really sure of what I am saying, just throwing it out there that someone might see our situation and still come here. And that person might actually be good at what he does. It looks like they might think that Tomsula would let them handle things.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, maybe someone HC caliber sees this as a situation that they might fire Tomsula and that hiring in-house was ok. Not really thinking that coaches think that far, as they know that they have to do well to then justify a HC jump. But say Shanahan comes and the O picks up but the defense drops a bit, balls bounce the wrong way, he could get an inside claim to HC.

Not really sure of what I am saying, just throwing it out there that someone might see our situation and still come here. And that person might actually be good at what he does. It looks like they might think that Tomsula would let them handle things.

There are also positives about this situation that potential coordinators might be attracted in. The first is the talent on both sides of the ball. I dont believe for one second that this isnt a huge part of what makes a coordinators choice. It has to be high on their list of priorities. Talent can make them look very smart and hand them a HC job, a la Josh Mcdaniels. Denvers talent almost made a HC out of Gase. Greg Roman prior to 2014 was highly rumored to be head a coaching candidate for many teams looking for new Head Coaches.

Second would be that it seems by most accounts and by Tomsula's own mouth that his OC/DC, especially his OC will be running the show on that side of the ball with minimal interference from the HC. Which would mean an awful lot of credit for offensive success the team might have, would go to the OC and his offensive staff. Of course there is the flip-side of that, if things go bad the OC would get a lot of the blame and maybe they might be worried that the HC would leave them hanging but if most people have heard what kind of guy Tomsula is maybe that would ease some concerns there. Probably not much though. This is a business of scapegoats.

Anyway, yes there is dysfunction but still a very desirable destination for any coordinator out there.