• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next OC and DC:

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jed and Trent (Laurel and Hardy) are a damn joke. Who knows, maybe some of these coaches do not want to work for these clowns.

Maybe? :L Ya mean, they don't want to work for son-of-owner-with-no-credentials? LOL. The guy who let one of the best coaches in the game walk? What's not to like?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, forget about Chud. The 49ers were denied permission to interview him

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a couple days old, but worth discussing. Maybe the less something is talked about, the more probable it'll happen. Not a huge fan of the Tomsula hiring, but getting Shanahan as the OC would make it better, IMO.

San Francisco 49ers: Would Mike Shanahan Make Sense as Offensive Coordinator? | Bleacher Report

Arrrggghhhhh. I would have really like to get Shanahan but that talk has died down lately. Chud is off the table. Does that leave Kiffin? Crap. If that is true, it just gets worse

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Again? The TE's were so productive last year (sarcasm)

Or Sparano as TE coach....this whole coacing search is going to hell in a hand basket and we are persona non grata right now as a coaching destination..looks like those of us who warned about this type of situation developing were understating the magnitude of the situation...looks like we are starting to see bottom off the barrel candidates mentioned more and more...if we even get a response. Very sad very sad situation..

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chud Update

As a followup to my previous post. Chud's contract is up in a week. So even though his team denied permission to interview, Chud is free to do whatever he wants in a week when his contract is up

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed and Trent (Laurel and Hardy) are a damn joke. Who knows, maybe some of these coaches do not want to work for these clowns.

If good coaches don't want to come here, then good players won't want to come here either. Holy shit, we could be fucked for some time. I hope Jed and Trent knock it out of the park with the coordinator hires, but I am pessimistic about our chances as more and more coaches sign with other teams (and I am usually a very optimistic fan).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yahoo:
If good coaches don't want to come here, then good players won't want to come here either. Holy shit, we could be fucked for some time. I hope Jed and Trent knock it out of the park with the coordinator hires, but I am pessimistic about our chances as more and more coaches sign with other teams (and I am usually a very optimistic fan).

Not sure if it is that good coaches don't want to come here or that the FO isn't interested in coming here. Seems Shanihan was interested in coming here, not sure what happened there. Players will usually go for the money and/or a chance to start. Balke hasn't chased high priced free agents and the team's current salary cap position will probably preclude the team from pursuing much in the way of free agency anyway.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chud off the table for 1 week. Contract is up

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase to the Bears. Bears are doing a great job. What a staff they put together.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:yahoo:

Not sure if it is that good coaches don't want to come here or that the FO isn't interested in coming here. Seems Shanihan was interested in coming here, not sure what happened there. Players will usually go for the money and/or a chance to start. Balke hasn't chased high priced free agents and the team's current salary cap position will probably preclude the team from pursuing much in the way of free agency anyway.

Agree, FA's primary goals are money, playing, and winning a trophy for vets on their very last legs.

Also true Baalke goes for FA value, meaning he doesn't go after the prime FA's. I agree with this strategy as most have proven to be........good value. Doesn't mean he'll never do it, but not likely.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah but overall that is a nice staff so far. Fox, Fangio and Gase.

Chicago cleaned up ..period..doesn't matter that they kinda suck this year and beat us to boot! Point is they were able to target and sign the guys they want...us we are yesterday's news and can only sign our own yes men. These signings by other teams show quite clearly that the word is out about our FO and only desperate or the unemployable need apply. sad but true. On the positive front not many OC positions left (2) to fill so we can now scrap the bottom of the can and get somebody to fill the job and claim it was our first choice and the plan that way...we waited and got our man. Last man standing=only man who wants the job...