• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next OC and DC:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another coach turns us down for OC position. I don't blame them, they cant bring any of their guys with them. Who would want that job.

I honestly think they need to go to the college game. I posted some names to look at.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its time for the 49ers to put a Ad on Craigslist for the OC position. LOL one of us should apply.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What does having "no plan" mean really? Is it really that simple to assemble a good Staff? Does having ten plans for a new Coaching Staff mean it is easy to execute?

going back to last season, or whenever York/Baalke knew Harbaugh would leave..................is it realistic to expect Baalke to have a list people COMMITTED to the 49ers? If we go back to DURING the 2014 season, is it realistic that the best candidates......employed with other teams......would commit to the 49ers? Obviously not due to tampering rules, so Baalke couldn't even contact the best people about their interest in the 49ers. He didn't get permission from other teams.

So he waited for the season to end but at this point, the candidate himself can decide where he wants to go? So even the best laid plans by Baalke......also depends on the Candidates decision. Is it expected everyone wants to join the 49ers? The best candidates have the best offers, so is it expected Tomsula can just pick anyone he wants, and that person will sign? If a candidate wants to go elsewhere, aren't there other factors such as where his family wants to live?

Not trying to totally justify the current situation, but even having a plan doesn't guarantee anything. For me, I'm sure Baalke had plans, multiple plans.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL at Kawakami. He loves this stuff. The National Enquirer of local sports media. He does make some valid points though.

Yes Kawakami was seen as a bit of out there... except most of what he has been speculating upon actually did come true and was spot on. Funny how the 49ers did become a bunch of soap opera drama queens so actually Kawakami get high praise this year and the 49ers FO gets no slack. So shall it be written so shall it be done. Who wants to work for us? Nobody!!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Kawakami was seen as a bit of out there... except most of what he has been speculating upon actually did come true and was spot on. Funny how the 49ers did become a bunch of soap opera drama queens so actually Kawakami get high praise this year and the 49ers FO gets no slack. So shall it be written so shall it be done. Who wants to work for us? Nobody!!

Kawakami made a living out of Al Davis' dysfunction. I believe Al banned Kawakami from the Raiders facility

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think by building the staff backwards shows they had no plan. They are just trying to hire anyone that will take the job. Usually HC, OC and DC would want to bring in their own guys. By doing it backwards it shows that the DC and OC really have no control.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice! It seems as though majority of the candidates want no part of the Niners.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Branch @Eric_Branch
Follow

RT @AlbertBreer: According to two sources, Geep Chryst expected to be named #49ers offensive coordinator.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really feel like this is a nightmare.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They paid their assistants under Harbaugh and we don't know what the figures are being discussed with others - they could turn us down for more than just money. Keep in mind, the sources are Bay Area Guy and Bleacher Report. Bay Area Sports Guy: Jason Cole on 49ers' coaching search: "Word around the league, SF is not the place to go for money"

argghhhh!

ok, was trying to be optimistic on assembling a COHESIVE Staff. But guess this does make sense thinking about Tomsula's starting point. This doesn't mean we can't be successful but ok, the process of assembling a Coaching Staff is "chop suey".