• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next OC and DC:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think offense will be a mess again this year.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. Done deal. Now we can look forward to free agency and the draft.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pet name for Kawakami is [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kocamami[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]e(one of several ways of spelling it) even though occasionally he is actually right but then an analog clock with hands that don't move is right twice a day.

I actually have hopes for Tomsula. When he took over for that one game when Singiltary(forgot spelling) was let go he did things like practicing the 2 minute drill that they weren't doing and other details.... he is a details guy will he be the right guy for sure, I don't know.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

This is something that encourages me for sure. At the very least I expect that the delay of game problems will be fixed. I really believe that was a function of too many cooks in the kitchen. I think Tomsula will streamline the process of play calling on offense. I think he will also be just in general a better game manager then Harbaugh was. So many times it felt like the situational stuff was off. I think this will be better under Tomsula.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is something that encourages me for sure. At the very least I expect that the delay of game problems will be fixed. I really believe that was a function of too many cooks in the kitchen. I think Tomsula will streamline the process of play calling on offense. I think he will also be just in general a better game manager then Harbaugh was. So many times it felt like the situational stuff was off. I think this will be better under Tomsula.

Jed and Trent. How is this coaching staff going to have FEWER cooks in the kitchen? The reason Harbaugh was released was because he didn't have enough cooks in the kitchen.

As for Tomsula being a better game manager, I'm not sure what evidence supports this.

I really hope you guys are right. But I'm not holding my breath.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed and Trent. How is this coaching staff going to have FEWER cooks in the kitchen? The reason Harbaugh was released was because he didn't have enough cooks in the kitchen.

As for Tomsula being a better game manager, I'm not sure what evidence supports this.

I really hope you guys are right. But I'm not holding my breath.

According to players like J. Smith, the last game of 2010, was the best coaching they experienced. They did blow out the cardinals. I know that the cardinals wasnt a power house, but the niners did look pretty good that game.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From that article:

Quarterbacks: Steve Logan. He’s been out of coaching for the past three years. However, he built a reputation over his career for squeezing maximum production out of quarterbacks and had success with passers -- like Kaepernick -- who can make plays with their feet. Logan likes mobile quarterbacks, and there will be several -- Blaine Gabbert, Josh Johnson, Jake Locker, Terrelle Pryor -- on the market in March. Another, Josh Freeman, is available now. Logan worked with Freeman in Tampa Bay and has spoken highly of him since.

Because that worked out so well in Tampa.

Well 3 years ago Josh Freeman wasn't that bad and was still a young QB on the verge of something better. He just never could find himself amongst the coaching changes. I think we've all learned OC and head coaching changes can kill the career of a young QB.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope our new OC will steal plays from the Russell Wilson playbook.

You mean throw 4 picks because you can't do much else past hand the ball off to the RB until the 4th quarter when you give up on running plays and just tell the QB to run around and make something happen?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope our new OC will steal plays from the Russell Wilson playbook.

Wilson does a good job on certain pass routes, not to mention he reads the field better. So it isn't so much the play, but his ability to execute it.

For Kaep they need to use more one read, set and throw routes. They should TRY a few more shorter routes like Brady uses? if it doesn't work well this off-season, then don't force it

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why you don't want Bevell as your OC or hC.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not much of a Russel Wilson fan, but gotta give him credit for selling the play fake and dumping the ball off to his backs and tight ends. I'm hoping Kaep as a mobile quarterback can execute these types of plays.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not much of a Russel Wilson fan, but gotta give him credit for selling the play fake and dumping the ball off to his backs and tight ends. I'm hoping Kaep as a mobile quarterback can execute these types of plays.

I'm rooting for Wilson to get a huge contract so the Seahawks have to cut his safety valve so that the world can see how awful he is.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@timkawakami: Harbaugh's general set-up: Roman called 1st-2nd-down plays, Solari called short-yardage, Morton called 3rd-down passes & Chryst Red Zone...

Wow that's way to much going on. Also Chryst calling the red zone and how bad we were in red zone is a bit alarming.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for Wilson to get a huge contract so the Seahawks have to cut his safety valve so that the world can see how awful he is.

I agree, Lets be honest He looked really bad in these Playoffs. Defense and Beast mode kept this team going. I will give Wilson a little slack this year he didn't have any WRs this year. Overall Wilson is above avg QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@timkawakami: Harbaugh's general set-up: Roman called 1st-2nd-down plays, Solari called short-yardage, Morton called 3rd-down passes & Chryst Red Zone...

Wow that's way to much going on. Also Chryst calling the red zone and how bad we were in red zone is a bit alarming.

That's why we had so many delay of game or taking time outs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh McDaniels had a great game plan against seattle.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers hire a new WR coach, Adam Henry, who coached receivers at LSU. Never heard of him. Can't be worse then Johnny Morton, I guess

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
49ers hire a new WR coach, Adam Henry, who coached receivers at LSU. Never heard of him. Can't be worse then Johnny Morton, I guess

LSU has produced some good WRs lately. And hopefully a college position coach has some experience in really teaching the position (as opposed to the NFL where guys like Eric Mangini end up coaching TEs). Here's to hoping. We need to start developing some guys at the position.