• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next OC and DC:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Chyrist is the front runner now, happens when every coach turns you down.

Here are some names maybe the 49ers should at least look at. Some up and coming OC.

Oregon OC: Scott Frost Gimmick
Texas Am OC: Jake Spavital Gimmick
LSU OC: Cam Cameron NO FREAKING WAY. So they're definitely looking at him.
Auburn OC: Rhett Lashlee Don't know enough about him to comment
Baylor OC: Philip Montgomery Gimmick

These are just Ideas. Some young and up coming coaches. I really like Frost and Montgomery.

I don't see any of those guys succeeding at the NFL level, though I admittedly don't know enough about Auburn's offense to comment. The rest of those guys run offenses that don't translate to the pro game.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they had a plan, just nobody wants to be part of it.

Wonder if they had hired Fangio instead, if they would still be having trouble signing a legit OC. Is there just absolutely no confidence in Tomsula or is it they just screwed up so hard on the Harbaugh situation that they would have the same problem under Fangio?

What is the next step? I think we will be finding out soon and I am afraid it will be cringe-worthy.

I've been saying this since Tomsula was announced. Everybody who has said "wait and see" isn't being objective here.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking good. This is supposed to be an upgrade from our previous offensive coaching staff? I don't believe there is a new receivers coach either yet

Every single coach is inferior to last year's counterparts. Some grossly so. The talent on this team isn't going to carry us, not even next year.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm mistaken, but the Eagles CAN'T block the move from position coach to OC. Isn't that a promotion?

Only a promotion to head coach can't be blocked. OC and DC positions can definitely be blocked. We blocked Donatell a few interviews when people came asking for him to be a DC in prior years and just this year we were blocked from speaking to Chud for OC.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single coach is inferior to last year's counterparts. Some grossly so. The talent on this team isn't going to carry us, not even next year.

This may get convoluted, but thinking hypothetically/theoretically - If everyone at an organization did well enough to get promoted and were properly assigned there positions the year before, any team who promotes everyone one step up (if everyone was promotion-worthy) would be worse at every position because the vacated spots would be taken over by someone under them, even if that promoted person did it well. The reason being that they were so competent at their job to make a jump up, but if they had stayed they'd be super-qualified. It's like the Peter Principle trickled down.

Now, what that has to do with our situation when we can't say everybody did well enough to get promoted and the fact that not everyone was promoted, I don't know. It just popped in my head.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does having "no plan" mean really? Is it really that simple to assemble a good Staff? Does having ten plans for a new Coaching Staff mean it is easy to execute?

going back to last season, or whenever York/Baalke knew Harbaugh would leave..................is it realistic to expect Baalke to have a list people COMMITTED to the 49ers? If we go back to DURING the 2014 season, is it realistic that the best candidates......employed with other teams......would commit to the 49ers? Obviously not due to tampering rules, so Baalke couldn't even contact the best people about their interest in the 49ers. He didn't get permission from other teams.

So he waited for the season to end but at this point, the candidate himself can decide where he wants to go? So even the best laid plans by Baalke......also depends on the Candidates decision. Is it expected everyone wants to join the 49ers? The best candidates have the best offers, so is it expected Tomsula can just pick anyone he wants, and that person will sign? If a candidate wants to go elsewhere, aren't there other factors such as where his family wants to live?

Not trying to totally justify the current situation, but even having a plan doesn't guarantee anything. For me, I'm sure Baalke had plans, multiple plans.

Just because your plan is the worst possible decision imaginable doesn't mean you should get credit for having a plan.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may get convoluted, but thinking hypothetically/theoretically - If everyone at an organization did well enough to get promoted and were properly assigned there positions the year before, any team who promotes everyone one step up (if everyone was promotion-worthy) would be worse at every position because the vacated spots would be taken over by someone under them, even if that promoted person did it well. The reason being that they were so competent at their job to make a jump up, but if they had stayed they'd be super-qualified. It's like the Peter Principle trickled down.

Now, what that has to do with our situation when we can't say everybody did well enough to get promoted and the fact that not everyone was promoted, I don't know. It just popped in my head.

Not the same thing, though. NONE of the guys on staff deserved promotions. The guys that were "fired" didn't go from HC to GM (Harbaugh) or DC/OC to HC (Fangio/Roman).

I know I'm being a bit of an asshole over the last month, but reality is what it is. And the reality of this current situation stinks to high heaven. Given what just happened to this team, I'd rank Donahue/Erickson as a better situation. If I'm proven wrong, I'll cop to it. When I'm validated...

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
argghhhh!

ok, was trying to be optimistic on assembling a COHESIVE Staff. But guess this does make sense thinking about Tomsula's starting point. This doesn't mean we can't be successful but ok, the process of assembling a Coaching Staff is "chop suey".

The ship has long since sailed on this one, my friend.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying this since Tomsula was announced. Everybody who has said "wait and see" isn't being objective here.

I dont think I was being objective before either and I still have the same mentality I had before, regardless of who gets hired. For me its wait and see until the season starts before I lose my shit. Thats when it matters. Yes, I got discouraged when Chud passed on us but I was also discouraged when the FO passed on Fangio but it has since sunk in and ive come to terms with it.

Just because a guy was an nfl europe coach or a raider coach does not mean he is a bad coach. Its just football. Tomsula, I have confidence in him because I know that he knows his shit when it comes to football and working with players.

Doesnt mean that I cant be disappointed when we dont land the coach I wanted. I definitely prefer Chud to Cryst but that doesnt mean that Im not going to give him a chance once he gets the job. If he is a disaster after the first few games, I will blast the guys who hired him and not before. We dont know the outcome yet.

I used the word cringe-worthy because honestly this situation doesnt look good. No denying that now.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further evidence that Kawakami shouldn't be disregarded.

Kawakami should always be disregarded. Anybody with eyes ears and noses knew the Raiders were a steaming pile of dysfunction.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawakami should always be disregarded. Anybody with eyes ears and noses knew the Raiders were a steaming pile of dysfunction.

My pet name for Kawakami is [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kocamami[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]e(one of several ways of spelling it) even though occasionally he is actually right but then an analog clock with hands that don't move is right twice a day.

I actually have hopes for Tomsula. When he took over for that one game when Singiltary(forgot spelling) was let go he did things like practicing the 2 minute drill that they weren't doing and other details.... he is a details guy will he be the right guy for sure, I don't know.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not the same thing, though. NONE of the guys on staff deserved promotions. The guys that were "fired" didn't go from HC to GM (Harbaugh) or DC/OC to HC (Fangio/Roman).

I know I'm being a bit of an asshole over the last month, but reality is what it is. And the reality of this current situation stinks to high heaven. Given what just happened to this team, I'd rank Donahue/Erickson as a better situation. If I'm proven wrong, I'll cop to it. When I'm validated...

Nah not at all...you're just calling a spade a spade..everything that has happened over the last 6 mo. Is just so much crap that it needs to be called. Especially the way Harbs has been dismissed and the subsequent reshuffling of staff. Just plain incompetence at its worst.
Nobody wants to come here...just pathetic..and guys who did like Shanny and Holmgren get insulted in the process. The mgmt team especially Jed the prick have gone out of their way to disrespect these two guys who actually have shown interest in coaching here by not showing them the time of day.
The bottom line is Jed just doesn't RESPECT coaches period and that is shown in so many ways and that word has gotten around the league.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My pet name for Kawakami is [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kocamami[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]e(one of several ways of spelling it) even though occasionally he is actually right but then an analog clock with hands that don't move is right twice a day.

I actually have hopes for Tomsula. When he took over for that one game when Singiltary(forgot spelling) was let go he did things like practicing the 2 minute drill that they weren't doing and other details.... he is a details guy will he be the right guy for sure, I don't know.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Problem with your analysis is Kawakami has been right about more than 2 things per day every day for this whole season...his comments were spot on and right all year long. Everything has been foretold and yet we still see the mgmt apologists here defending mgmt and trying to bash those who see that the" emperor has no clothes".
How many times in this last month have we been denied or forced to consider someone else due to nobody wanting to come here.. Inquiring minds already see the writing on the wall and it isn't a pretty picture. And the shit still hasn't settled yet, just wait for the exodus of talent that is sure to follow. :lame:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Problem with your analysis is Kawakami has been right about more than 2 things per day every day for this whole season...his comments were spot on and right all year long. Everything has been foretold and yet we still see the mgmt apologists here defending mgmt and trying to bash those who see that the" emperor has no clothes".
How many times in this last month have we been denied or forced to consider someone else due to nobody wanting to come here.. Inquiring minds already see the writing on the wall and it isn't a pretty picture. And the shit still hasn't settled yet, just wait for the exodus of talent that is sure to follow. :lame:

you were bashed for this? oh poor you, when, where............

don't recall anybody getting bashed in defense of management?

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wonderful..we're on our way..I actually like the Steve Logan hire..a radio talk show host who will be putting his experience(substantial) to work where his mouth is. He is also the only guy who has had some record of prior success at his craft albeit at a bit lower level. Well we've crashed expectations so from an expectations point of view we can go no lower...only up from here, right?:whistle:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonderful..we're on our way..I actually like the Steve Logan hire..a radio talk show host who will be putting his experience(substantial) to work where his mouth is. He is also the only guy who has had some record of prior success at his craft albeit at a bit lower level. Well we've crashed expectations so from an expectations point of view we can go no lower...only up from here, right?:whistle:

Isn't DL a lower level and Tomsula had success... just kidding. But I do hope he works out, it seems like an underdog situation and I usually root for the underdog - and he has some good qualities.