• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next OC and DC:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think I was being objective before either and I still have the same mentality I had before, regardless of who gets hired. For me its wait and see until the season starts before I lose my shit... Yes, I got discouraged when Chud passed on us... but it has since sunk in and ive come to terms with it.

Just because a guy was an nfl europe coach or a raider coach does not mean he is a bad coach... I definitely prefer Chud to Cryst but that doesnt mean that Im not going to give him a chance once he gets the job..

I think you need to change your name.

If he is a disaster after the first few games, I will blast the guys who hired him and not before. We dont know the outcome yet.

I used the word cringe-worthy because honestly this situation doesnt look good. No denying that now.

That's more like it!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because your plan is the worst possible decision imaginable doesn't mean you should get credit for having a plan.

"Just because it's short doesn't mean I don't have one!" Just kidding.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the same thing, though. NONE of the guys on staff deserved promotions. The guys that were "fired" didn't go from HC to GM (Harbaugh) or DC/OC to HC (Fangio/Roman).

I know I'm being a bit of an asshole over the last month, but reality is what it is. And the reality of this current situation stinks to high heaven. Given what just happened to this team, I'd rank Donahue/Erickson as a better situation. If I'm proven wrong, I'll cop to it. When I'm validated...

I agree, I was just sharing a tangential non-sequitur that jumped in my head. It's like Scientific science or numerical numbers.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I was just sharing a tangential non-sequitur that jumped in my head. It's like Scientific science or numerical numbers.

Is scientific science a branch of chemistry or physics? I was always confused by the scientific sciences.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonderful..we're on our way..I actually like the Steve Logan hire..a radio talk show host who will be putting his experience(substantial) to work where his mouth is. He is also the only guy who has had some record of prior success at his craft albeit at a bit lower level. Well we've crashed expectations so from an expectations point of view we can go no lower...only up from here, right?:whistle:

Our coaching hires are underwhelming (to put it nicely). Perhaps we will thrive under the low expectations. I hope Tomsula and crew can bring us a pleasant surprise next season. It might be a slim chance, but all we can do is hope.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our coaching hires are underwhelming (to put it nicely). Perhaps we will thrive under the low expectations. I hope Tomsula and crew can bring us a pleasant surprise next season. It might be a slim chance, but all we can do is hope.

Well Roman and Fangio were not exactly homeruns when they got the DC and OC jobs. They were just not heavily scrutinized since Harbaugh was a homerun, but neither was a super successful NFL coordinator at the time.

Honestly Mangini should do fine as the DC. He got the Jets HC job because he was a coordinator for the Patriots. Looks very likely we will be staying 3-4 if not running more of a multiple look with our OLB's at a time putting a hand down or starting hand down then dropping back into a 3-4.

Could have done better at OC but maybe Chryst will surprise us. He's been around Harbaugh a lot so likely means the offense is not going to drastically change which is good. We don't need a complete redo on the offense. We just need better play calling and more out of Kaep.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of rumble coming out about players are confused on the coaching searches.

I really hope this works some how.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Roman and Fangio were not exactly homeruns when they got the DC and OC jobs. They were just not heavily scrutinized since Harbaugh was a homerun, but neither was a super successful NFL coordinator at the time.

Honestly Mangini should do fine as the DC. He got the Jets HC job because he was a coordinator for the Patriots. Looks very likely we will be staying 3-4 if not running more of a multiple look with our OLB's at a time putting a hand down or starting hand down then dropping back into a 3-4.

Could have done better at OC but maybe Chryst will surprise us. He's been around Harbaugh a lot so likely means the offense is not going to drastically change which is good. We don't need a complete redo on the offense. We just need better play calling and more out of Kaep.

I think his experience will fall under the "learned what not to do" by watching the former coach (Roman). Mangini on the other hand has some boots to fill in Fangio and the potential retiring of Cowboy. I have faith in the young bucks...but it will be interesting down front.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree, don't need a complete re-do. as usual the key will be QB play.

the O-line still has some talent, so its getting them into a unit. There were changes inside, and likely one more with Iupati, so they'll need to keep working towards a Unit.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see how anybody who's been watching the 9ers can honestly have this opinion. Expecting better play calling from Chryst, and more out of Kaep is a stretch.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that this will make any 9er fan feel that all is good, just a thread that gives a bit of focus on the coaching staff for the next season:

Update: Where things stand with 49ers coaching staff | The Sacramento Bee The Sacramento Bee

From that article:

Quarterbacks: Steve Logan. He’s been out of coaching for the past three years. However, he built a reputation over his career for squeezing maximum production out of quarterbacks and had success with passers -- like Kaepernick -- who can make plays with their feet. Logan likes mobile quarterbacks, and there will be several -- Blaine Gabbert, Josh Johnson, Jake Locker, Terrelle Pryor -- on the market in March. Another, Josh Freeman, is available now. Logan worked with Freeman in Tampa Bay and has spoken highly of him since.

Because that worked out so well in Tampa.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like a fresh start was needed on offense. Not necessarily all new players, but bringing back the same offense from the last 4 years when it wasnt working well at all, just feels like we will be getting more of the same.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like a fresh start was needed on offense. Not necessarily all new players, but bringing back the same offense from the last 4 years when it wasnt working well at all, just feels like we will be getting more of the same.

I agree. When we decided to go run heavy, it was due to Alex Smith being completely incapable of throwing the ball to a wide receiver. We shouldn't still be running that offense three seasons after we ditched him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. When we decided to go run heavy, it was due to Alex Smith being completely incapable of throwing the ball to a wide receiver. We shouldn't still be running that offense three seasons after we ditched him.

Harbaugh ran more than he passed with Andrew Freakin' Luck as his QB, and it wasn't to run out the clock. Harbaugh was known as a conservative coach who ran the ball before Smith. Now, what you think of Smith is known and I won't argue that, but the run heavy tendency was multi-factorial.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh ran more than he passed with Andrew Freakin' Luck as his QB, and it wasn't to run out the clock. Harbaugh was known as a conservative coach who ran the ball before Smith. Now, what you think of Smith is known and I won't argue that, but the run heavy tendency was multi-factorial.

Exactly. Last year they tried differently and it didn't work out

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Last year they tried differently and it didn't work out

I'd be fine drafting for balance or pass first, but these four years wasn't because of the QB. I mean, KC is passing more with Smith, with a smart enough coach who wouldn't if he couldn't throw, and the gripe is the yards per attempt in a WCO and deep ball* with a conservative QB, not who gets the ball (WRs were the most targeted and completed group in KC). *He'd go deep with Davis with us or DAT in KC, but no one else since Avery has the dropsies)