• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Coaches at Michigan, Florida, Miami, Kansas

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubt our OC is considered for the KU job. I think this only because they just fired a HC with Nebraska ties.

Tim Beck is a decent coach, and Bo even admitted that Tim's ultimate goal is to be a HC, but I don't think the KU job is in the cards.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting aside for a second the Shane Morris incident (which let me ask, would Nick Saban be fired if the exact same thing happened at Alabama?) and the fact that I do now concede it is a question of when, not if Hoke is fired:
Why not wait until the end of 2015?

Now, here me out here. Hoke was initially given a 5 year contract, there is something to be said by allowing him to complete the terms of that contract. Show the next guy that you are willing to give him a full five year evaluation period (which is needed in college football). And that brings me to a second point, outside of the Harbaugh Hail Mary (to steal the term from MGoBlog), there really isn't an attractive replacement. Perhaps, by waiting a year that "home run" hire (maybe even a Harbaugh) emerges. You know, that whole delayed gratification thing.

Now to make it clear, I am not necessarily saying that is what Michigan should do, but it is worth considering.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the season play out and fire him if you see a better option. It's actually pretty damn simple. I'm so glad we didn't let emotions get the best of us when our head coach did something MUCH WORSE in terms of a PR standpoint.

I understand that it was an ugly looking situation with the potential to become much uglier, but I don't really believe Brady Hoke intended for anything like this to happen. He's incompetent at worst.

If you're gonna fire the guy, fire him for being a bad coach, not a bad guy. I don't believe he's a bad guy.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here is another thing to consider:
Another person that is on the hot seat just as much (if not more) is the AD Dave Brandon. Better to let that play out first, then deal with the coaching situation.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Bobby Bowden! He still wants the most wins ever.

(I'd burn my diploma)

He has the record for most wins in the FBS. Once the NCAA took away Joe Pa's wins. So why would he need to come back?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the record for most wins in the FBS. Once the NCAA took away Joe Pa's wins. So why would he need to come back?

Oh, that's right. My selective memory had forgotten JP being penalized for enabling child ass r*pe for decades.

Well hey, Bobby felt a bit bitter about the way he was pushed out the door a bit. So, what a better way to poke Jimbo in the eye than to take a position with a much better university?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, that's right. My selective memory had forgotten JP being penalized for enabling child ass r*pe for decades.

Well hey, Bobby felt a bit bitter about the way he was pushed out the door a bit. So, what a better way to poke Jimbo in the eye than to take a position with a much better university?

Was not Jimbo's fault he was pushed out and Bobby knows that and has said as much. He can thank the boosters for that one. From listening to him speak he is happy doing motivational speeches and spending time with his grandkids and shit. Honestly shocked he has lasted this long. Many of these coaches that coached that long tend to pass unexpectedly fast. Glad to still see him kicking around.

To the better university comment. :pound:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke's buyout drops to 2 million on January 01. 2015.

Let him own this train wreck nothing will change between now and January 1st.

The problem is UofM will need to move quickly afterward to secure a top coach to keep any semblance of a recruiting class together.

A lot will depend on if Brandon gets to hold onto his job. If he is going to get let go why let him have any say in hiring the next coach.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan needs to hire a coach that's under 50 you know somebody that can relate to these players.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke's buyout drops to 2 million on January 01. 2015.

Let him own this train wreck nothing will change between now and January 1st.

The problem is UofM will need to move quickly afterward to secure a top coach to keep any semblance of a recruiting class together.

A lot will depend on if Brandon gets to hold onto his job. If he is going to get let go why let him have any say in hiring the next coach.

Given classes 2012-14, I am not all that concerned about keeping 2015 together. Ideally a head coach will be with the team 10-20 years, at most a player 5. Not to mention you can have a "bad" class (which regardless, Michigan should still pull in a top 20-30 class), so long as there are great ones before and after.

Because I think one thing we can all agree on, for all the problems Michigan has had under Hoke, recruiting ain't one of them.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Blake was the best recruiter on the Planet.
Terrible Coach.

That's not what you want.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say it is.

But there are worse fates than having 3/4 years of a great recruiter who is a bad coach. Because they set the table up pretty nicely for the next guy, i.e. Zook and Meyer.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan- Gary Pinkel

Kansas - Mack Brown or Ed Orgeron

Miami - I think he gets another year

Florida- IF Will M gets fired( Im not sold that he does just yet)......... Art Briles

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan- Gary Pinkel

Kansas - Mack Brown or Ed Orgeron

Miami - I think he gets another year

Florida- IF Will M gets fired( Im not sold that he does just yet)......... Art Briles

Interesting....

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have already been mentioned but Emmitt Smith wants Charlie Strong or Les Miles to coach Florida. :whistle:

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that delicious suggestion the last time around - wish y'all would stop teasing wit dat.

John Gruden is NOT a good coach.. he won a superbowl with Tony Dungys team.. Jay Gruden on the other hand coached the Orlando arena team and took them to their version of the playoffs almost every year for almost 10 years. . HIM I would take

Y

Yapp14

This second coaching hire was the time to find a diamond in the rough. That's no longer what we can afford to do. It needs to be turned around now. We need someone who can come in and win immediately - guaranteed. Anything less and our recruiting will suffer. We need someone to take advantage of the good classes Hoke pulled in before it's too late.
Lets look at this from another perspective for a moment:
1) Why the "must win now" mentality? Its not as if Michigan is penciled in for the NC game next year...
2) Someone who can win immediately? I don't think even Saban could do that. There are glaring deficiencies in talent (ex Offensive line) and that is going to take some time
3) We need someone who has a system similar to what we have now (from another post). Hire the best coach, not someone who is the so-called Michigan Man or someone that has to fit a system already in place. Remember Hoke did this the first 2 seasons and that did not work out very well.