• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Coaches at Michigan, Florida, Miami, Kansas

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles isn't coming to Mich anytime soon. So no worries here. I highly doubt his wife will allow that move up north at this juncture in their life. He's gotta clear it with her and she's stated on many occasion how much she loves Baton Rouge. Believe it or not, She has more say in where they go than he does no matter how much money is involved. Already mentioned many times in here, he's 61.. No Way

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll buy into John Harbaugh, not fuck-wad Jimmie, coming to U of M, a little. Mich AD Brandon and Jimmie working together would turn into the Gaza Strip before a year was up.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan - Jim Harbaugh

Florida - Jon Gruden

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want John “Chuckie” Gruden at UF. At the very least he would bring in recruits.

Ya ... QBs.

I was praying to God ND would snatch him, but they really didn't go at him as hard as they shoulda. :(

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens John Harbaugh going to the Wolverines has been a rumor for several months, with insiders saying Harbaugh would be interested.....check out this story from January:
Insider: John Harbaugh would accept Michigan job if offered

However, John Harbaugh is a friend of Brady Hoke, and does not want to be associated as being the guy pushing Brady out the door as his replacement......so today, John Harbaugh is saying he supports Hoke as remaining the Michigan coach:
John Harbaugh: 'The Harbaughs believe in Brady Hoke'

Of course when Hoke is eventually fired.......be prepared for the John Harbaugh rumors again.

FIFY. Ohhhh ... he's gone!

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Whittingham would be a great fit at Michigan.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan - Les Miles
Miami - Mike Leach
Kansas - Mack Brown
Florida - Charlie Weis

Last time Miami took a WSU coach they won a national championship, not a bad idea for them.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan - Kirby Smart (Bama DC) great recruiter and has learned from the best there is right now
Florida - Kerwin Bell (Jacksonville University HC/ex-Fla QB) he has the ties and AD Foley is a douche
Miami - Chad Morris (Clemson OC) great off. mind and a scheme change with all that speed at the U
Kansas - who cares, pull a name out of a hat or off the street or just SMU those sumbitches

none of the big names move on i.e. Sumlin, Briles, Petrino...IMO

I could see Fla going after Dan Mullen or Michigan trying to lure Miles/John Harbaugh but in the end probably doesn't materialize. Sumlin is king of Texas right now, Briles doesn't fit the pressure cooker at Fla and Petrino needs to stay put for 4 years and get some street cred back. Doeren, DeRuyter probably need a little less profile jobs than say Mich or Fla.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Neuheisal to Kansas.

zmnD0.gif

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles was offered more than $4 million to coach Michigan, LSU Board of Supervisors member Stanley Jacobs said. He decided to stay at LSU for $3.75 million a year plus more incentive money for championships and the like and a new extension through the 2017 season – three years more than the old contract.

Les Miles stayed at LSU after Michigan offered more money

Multi-reports were out there denying Mich AD Brandon offering Miles the HC position. Brandon was/still is a lying P.O.S. Why would he have been at Les' condo in Baton Rouge then later say Brady Hoke was the only offered the HC position to. Here's another link: Report: U-M offered Les Miles more than LSU salary | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

"He was offered more than $4 million to become the Michigan coach," LSU Board of Supervisors member Stanley Jacobs said Friday. "When he said no, they came back and offered him more. And he said no again."

"He never leveraged his offer from Michigan for more money from LSU," Jacobs said. "This guy is the real deal. He really is. He was offered more money — I was told in the $4.25-million range — and turned it down. Then they came back and offered more, and he turned it down again."

Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon, however, has maintained the job was never offered to Miles, a former Michigan player and assistant coach under legendary coach Bo Schembechler, or to Jim Harbaugh, another former Michigan player who recently left Stanford to coach the San Francisco 49ers after interviewing with Brandon before Miles did.

Brandon then went to the Mountain West Conference to hire San Diego State coach Brady Hoke, a former Michigan assistant, last Tuesday afternoon.

Earlier Tuesday, Miles said he was staying at LSU, but Brandon said Hoke was the only one offered the job.

"Well, if Hoke was his first choice, he could've signed him up prior to ever talking to Les or Harbaugh," LSU chancellor Mike Martin said. "Don't you think?"

On Monday night, Jan 10, Brandon was quoted by the Detroit News upon his return from his interview with Miles in Baton Rouge as saying, "The deal is not done."

How could a deal be discussed if there was no offer?

Miles isn't coming to Mich anytime soon. So no worries here. I highly doubt his wife will allow that move up north at this juncture in their life. He's gotta clear it with her and she's stated on many occasion how much she loves Baton Rouge. Believe it or not, She has more say in where they go than he does no matter how much money is involved. Already mentioned many times in here, he's 61.. No Way

Those articles are over three years old ... a lot of shit has transpired and changed since then. The most recent news has both Harbaughs & Miles repeatedly at the top of lists.

Michigan's upcoming coaching search is perilous, but necessary - SBNation.com

Dan Mullen to Florida and Les Miles to Michigan? | FOX Sports

I could def see John Harbaugh playing this all low-key being that he's a class act and the respect for Hoke, but I have seen reports that he would love to coach at Meatchicken.

Kathy Miles has Central Michigan ties, also ... and Miles really wants his to follow in his footsteps and go to UM ... dunno if that would mean much. I'm certainly not writing off Miles and would not be a bit surprised if he or John H wind up there ... UM is more than willing to throw ALOT of $$$ at this, I'm sure.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan misses out on getting one of the brothers Harbaugh, then why not give a look at a non-bsc or other division coach like FCS. Worked for TOSU with Tressel. Hell, Dave Doren's Wolfpack didn't look all that bad against FSU.

Might want to take a look at Chris Klieman at North Dakota State.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan really needs a coach who can recruit Ohio. MSU's success is from the fact that Dantonio can recruit Ohio. Hoke has done well in this area, but he has shown over and over he can't develop talent worth a fuck. They are already having guys de-commit for 2015. Its over Hoke now. All he can do now is just keep calm and coach on until November.

I'm honestly hoping they can pull John or Jim.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See reports that Ed Orgeron is mailing out resumes.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan really needs a coach who can recruit Ohio. MSU's success is from the fact that Dantonio can recruit Ohio. Hoke has done well in this area, but he has shown over and over he can't develop talent worth a fuck. They are already having guys de-commit for 2015. Its over Hoke now. All he can do now is just keep calm and coach on until November.

I'm honestly hoping they can pull John or Jim.
I'm really hoping they get Lane Kiffin (or something like) for .... selfish reasons. :heh:

Last edited by a moderator:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll buy into John Harbaugh, not fuck-wad Jimmie, coming to U of M, a little. Mich AD Brandon and Jimmie working together would turn into the Gaza Strip before a year was up.

You are making the bold assumption that Brandon will be the one selecting the next head coach. He has been lying to the fans and the school about things left and right. He has resorted to gimmicks and free tickets to get fans and students to the games and it won't be long to Michigan's precious streak of 100k fans will be a thing of the past. He is responsible for bringing what is probably the worst head coach that Michigan has seen in the last century when you take into account the direction of the team, embarrassments, and complete disregard for player safety. Has David Brandon done one thing right at Michigan?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Brandon flies down to Baton Rouge in a private plane to have some crawdads and gumbo?

LSU's Les Miles talks Michigan football and old job openings at his alma mater | MLive.com

From the horse's mouth. It worked out for Les. He got a raise in 2007 and an extension in 2010 but he was never actually offered the job. Again, he said this in 2007 and in 2010 and no one believed him. At this point it makes no sense for him to lie about it. He was never offered the job. I'm sure his agent didn't tell LSU that he was never offered the job.

Someone also said that Schiano was offered the job before Rodriguez which I also think is garbage because Bill Martin, the AD at the time, said from the start of the search that he wanted to change Michigan football, he wanted to modernize it, go in a different direction. Les Miles and Greg Schiano isn't a different direction, it's more of the same. RR may not have particularly been the target at first but he certainly fit what Martin was looking for. Like coaches often do when they figure out that a job they interviewed for is going to someone else, he pulled his name from consideration.