• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Coaches at Michigan, Florida, Miami, Kansas

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Kill's name was brought up a few times. But as other folks have mentioned, his health problems will prevent him from moving on elsewhere.

I believe Minnesota is Kill's final coaching stop. Kill is an excellent coach who was successful everywhere he went---Saginaw Valley State, Southern Illinois, Northern Illinois.

Also, I don't think Kill would want to go elsewhere. Kill was instrumental in compelling the Univ. of Minnesota administration to finally commit to improve it's athletic facilities. The newly planned and very ambitious $190 million Golden Gopher Athletic Village/Complex will be spectacular.

Nothing Short of Greatness

Last edited by a moderator:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan - Bobby Petrino

I would be extremely shocked to see Petrino leave Louisville, especially since they are still trying to settle into the ACC. But then again, this is Petrino we're talking about so anything is possible.

I would be shocked if Miles went to Michigan. Granted, I don't know a lot about LSU but I would assume that everybody loves him down there and LSU wouldn't want to get rid of him in the near future. So no need to go to a program in flux right now and leave a program that is very good and likely to be on or close to the top of the rankings for quite a while.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm loving these rumors on John Harbaugh coaching Michigan. Jim would alienate everyone in a few years and be gone just like he's probably gone in San Fran. Not that I wouldn't be happy with Jim but I think we'd be better off with John. I'd also love Les Miles but we should have hired him 7 years ago and now he's in his 60s. Missed the boat on that one I think. Outside of these 3 guys with Michigan ties, this Michigan Man shit has to end. Go get the best coach available.

As far as Jon Gruden, I'm not going to go into my normal rant of Jon Gruden being a liar, a snake, an awful teacher of football, a hater of young players, a person who's claim to greatness is a very complicated offense that pros say it takes 5 years to run effectively, and just a general douchenozzle that I wouldn't allow in my home to even speak with my kid. Nope! I'm just going to say that anyone who wants Jon Gruden as their college football coach deserves what they get in Jon Gruden.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be extremely shocked to see Petrino leave Louisville, especially since they are still trying to settle into the ACC. But then again, this is Petrino we're talking about so anything is possible.

I would be shocked if Miles went to Michigan. Granted, I don't know a lot about LSU but I would assume that everybody loves him down there and LSU wouldn't want to get rid of him in the near future. So no need to go to a program in flux right now and leave a program that is very good and likely to be on or close to the top of the rankings for quite a while.

Miles said recently that Michigan made him the man he is and that he would love to pay the university back someday. That's his almamater and contrary to popular belief he was never offered the job. Had he been offered the job he'd be Michigan's coach today. He would take that job in a heartbeat. The fact that they need a savior would be a positive, not a negative.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles said recently that Michigan made him the man he is and that he would love to pay the university back someday. That's his almamater and contrary to popular belief he was never offered the job. Had he been offered the job he'd be Michigan's coach today. He would take that job in a heartbeat. The fact that they need a savior would be a positive, not a negative.

So Brandon flies down to Baton Rouge in a private plane to have some crawdads and gumbo?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens John Harbaugh going to the Wolverines has been a rumor for several months, with insiders saying Harbaugh would be interested.....check out this story from January:
Insider: John Harbaugh would accept Michigan job if offered

However, John Harbaugh is a friend of Brady Hoke, and does not want to be associated as being the guy pushing Brady out the door as his replacement......so today, John Harbaugh is saying he supports Hoke as remaining the Michigan coach:
John Harbaugh: 'The Harbaughs believe in Brady Hoke'

Of course if Hoke is eventually fired.......be prepared for the John Harbaugh rumors again.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban to Texas?

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Link?

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm loving these rumors on John Harbaugh coaching Michigan. Jim would alienate everyone in a few years and be gone just like he's probably gone in San Fran. Not that I wouldn't be happy with Jim but I think we'd be better off with John. I'd also love Les Miles but we should have hired him 7 years ago and now he's in his 60s. Missed the boat on that one I think. Outside of these 3 guys with Michigan ties, this Michigan Man shit has to end. Go get the best coach available.

As far as Jon Gruden, I'm not going to go into my normal rant of Jon Gruden being a liar, a snake, an awful teacher of football, a hater of young players, a person who's claim to greatness is a very complicated offense that pros say it takes 5 years to run effectively, and just a general douchenozzle that I wouldn't allow in my home to even speak with my kid. Nope! I'm just going to say that anyone who wants Jon Gruden as their college football coach deserves what they get in Jon Gruden.

So you’re saying he’s better than Muschamp! Sweet! :clap:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU_imagine_no_alabama_DESIGN-vi.jpg

I just spit water on the TV in my hotel room. Damn you!

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Michigan should go after Jimbo Fisher

They can try but I can guarantee due to his contract he goes nowhere. If he were to leave early Jimbo himself would have to pay FSU over 5 million dollars in his assistant coaches' salary and that does not include his penalty for leaving early. THen there is the simple thing that he is making 3.3 mil this year without all his bonuses which are HUGE! By the end of this contract his base will be 4.3 million. Here is a list of his bonuses from his contract.

$100,000 for a division title
$100,000 for a conference title
$75,000 for making the playoffs
$200,000 for making the national title game
$200,000 for winning the national title game
$100,000 for a non-national title game major bowl game
$50,000 for a non-major bowl game
$200,000 for a top-five finish
$100,000 for a top-10 finish
$200,000 for an undefeated season
$75,000 for winning National Coach of the Year
$50,000 for ACC Coach of the Year
$25,000 for a graduation rate between 65% and 84%
$50,000 for a graduation rate above 84%
$25,000 for an APR rating of .930 or higher

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida - Watson Brown he has yet to have good talent. He is a really good coach.

Miami - Jeff Bowden. He needs a program to uplift into mediocrity. Oops already there.

Michigan - Dabo Swinney. He would not have to worry about beating FSU 5 out of 10 times.

Kansas - Does it really matter? It is fucking Kansas.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miles was offered more than $4 million to coach Michigan, LSU Board of Supervisors member Stanley Jacobs said. He decided to stay at LSU for $3.75 million a year plus more incentive money for championships and the like and a new extension through the 2017 season – three years more than the old contract.

Les Miles stayed at LSU after Michigan offered more money

So, the guy above you is talking out of his ass.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles scares me to some extent just because he's had some pretty awful offenses at LSU. With that said, he would be a significant upgrade on Hoke; but more of a temporary solution than a long term solution.

Along those lines of Miles being a temporary solution, just realized that Miles will be 61 in about a month. How many years does he have left on the sidelines?

Not to mention my already discussed issues with a Miles hire.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TigerBait1971 said:
So, the guy above you is talking out of his ass.

Multi-reports were out there denying Mich AD Brandon offering Miles the HC position. Brandon was/still is a lying P.O.S. Why would he have been at Les' condo in Baton Rouge then later say Brady Hoke was the only offered the HC position to. Here's another link: Report: U-M offered Les Miles more than LSU salary | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

"He was offered more than $4 million to become the Michigan coach," LSU Board of Supervisors member Stanley Jacobs said Friday. "When he said no, they came back and offered him more. And he said no again."

"He never leveraged his offer from Michigan for more money from LSU," Jacobs said. "This guy is the real deal. He really is. He was offered more money — I was told in the $4.25-million range — and turned it down. Then they came back and offered more, and he turned it down again."

Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon, however, has maintained the job was never offered to Miles, a former Michigan player and assistant coach under legendary coach Bo Schembechler, or to Jim Harbaugh, another former Michigan player who recently left Stanford to coach the San Francisco 49ers after interviewing with Brandon before Miles did.

Brandon then went to the Mountain West Conference to hire San Diego State coach Brady Hoke, a former Michigan assistant, last Tuesday afternoon.

Earlier Tuesday, Miles said he was staying at LSU, but Brandon said Hoke was the only one offered the job.

"Well, if Hoke was his first choice, he could've signed him up prior to ever talking to Les or Harbaugh," LSU chancellor Mike Martin said. "Don't you think?"

On Monday night, Jan 10, Brandon was quoted by the Detroit News upon his return from his interview with Miles in Baton Rouge as saying, "The deal is not done."

How could a deal be discussed if there was no offer?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome. Nobody would have an assignment or a clue...but all would just run wildly around the field putting big hits on everyone. It would look like that old vibrating football game from the '70s.

Then they would all kneel down and do that fake praying shit in an attempt to win over the media.