• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Coaches at Michigan, Florida, Miami, Kansas

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about pulling Mike Gundy away from oklahoma st

Y

Yapp14

I think Hoke only won most of those games in 2011 because of Denard...not necessarily RR's players. Only 1. Once Denard was gone, it's been about the same -- with a few games going one way or another.

I think you're underestimating the talent on this team. The line is stacked with kids with offers from most major schools. We have two five star RBs on the roster, with a third who was pretty much a consensus 4 star, top 200 player. Our QB situation shouldn't be nearly as bad as it was this year. Morris was a five star, Speight (Sp?) was redshirted and is supposed to be a solid talent and we should at least have one QB coming in. The WR depth is lacking, at least with major talent on paper. I don't see any obvious star players on the current roster, but they should be able to be at minimum OK. The defense has talent all over the place, especially with Peppers back in the Roster. The secondary should be killer in the near future - heck - it was pretty solid this year.

Overall, the talent is there but the coaching is and hasn't been. I will once again reference recruiting rankings. Either you're suggesting the recruiting sites were wrong on all accounts or you have to accept that the talent is there just undeveloped.
The line is stacked with kids with offers from major schools? You are referring to recruits right? Some of which will flip or have flipped? Can't count kids that are not in uniform yet my good man.

Personally, if it requires some backsliding record wise I am okay with it as long as its a good hire

Y

Yapp14

The Rich Rod debacle has set that program back a few years
Thats not an accurate statement. What exactly did RR do to set the program back? He didn't win, plain and simple and was fired. He was bringing in a lot of talent. Hoke brought in talent and couldn't win either

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line is stacked with kids with offers from major schools? You are referring to recruits right? Some of which will flip or have flipped? Can't count kids that are not in uniform yet my good man.

Personally, if it requires some backsliding record wise I am okay with it as long as its a good hire

No...I'm referring to kids on the team and/or the starters.

Starting/2 deep:
Mason Cole: 4 stars - top 100
Eric Magnuson - 4 stars - top 100
Logan Tuley-Tillman - 4 star
Kyle Kalis - 5 star, 4th best OT in the class

On the bench:
Chris Fox - 4 star, top 150 player
Patrick Kugler - 4 star, top 100 player
Kyle Bosch (should return 2015) - 4 star top 150 player
Blake Bars - 4 star

So, again, the talent is there. I could go into their individual offers, but I'm sure you're OK with me just telling you -- those 4 star players have a lot of offers from a lot of major schools. 5 star Kalis especially. There's no excuse for how poorly the offense, in it's entirety, has played - especially the line the last two seasons. And whomever takes over will have plenty of talent to work with; more so than a lot of schools out there who are succeeding.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him leaving Okie St for UM regardless of the money
-
I think he would leave for the right opportunity. Flirted with Tennessee. Supposedly there is a rocky relationship between him and the AD. Also was a rumor he reached out to Florida through some back channels to say he was interested

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still hearing McElwain. . Am now hearing Josh McRoberts from the NFL

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown at Michigan would be a good hire. Mack is the perfect fit for a big name program like Michigan. The man can recruit and the big money donors will love him. Mack's flaw was getting satisfied at Texas & he's admitted that. I could see Mack being very successful at UM.....

Quit trying to push that crusty old fuck on everybody.
Nobody wants that washed up POS with beans for teeth and tobaccy juice running down his chin.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) you need to win now because the Michigan name can't hold up recruiting classes for very much longer with no success. We're selling the "look how good we will be, we're Michigan" stuff...and that can only last so long. Winning immediately wasn't necessary when we hired Hoke, but he did it and then fell flat. Now that we've gone through 2 coaches in 7 years we have to win now, or at minimum stabilize the program (9 wins + a year). You don't want to turn into ND and go 20 years, switching your head coach every 3 or 4 years. That cycle happens very quickly and is hard to break out of. As I said, we need a coach who can come in and immediately take advantage of the good talent Hoke brought in, before it's gone.

2. Plenty of coaches have come in an won immediately -- they're the best coaches in CFB. Urban turned around 6-6 OSU to a 12-0 team the next year. Michigan, while terrible, is not terrible because of talent. We have loads of it, some was young this year. Our offensive line improved significantly throughout the year - despite playing a true freshman at left tackle. Our coaches just simply have not developed said talent.

3. The Michigan connection is not a necessity, but you keep hearing it brought up because it's the reason some of these top coaches (Miles/Harbaugh) would even consider jumping from where they currently are. We're not going after Nick Saban because there's 0 connection to the school - thus - 0 chance we could convince him to come. Those guys, Harbaugh/Miles, ARE the best options out there. Proven college head coaches. Any other coaches, while probably still good, would have an element of risk that those two do not share. Again, the Michigan connection just means we have a shot at actually pulling them away.

Hey, you've always got the leather helmet days. No one can ever take that away from you.

:dhd:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Forde (Yahoo) claiming Jim McElwain to Florida.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't get Harbaugh, I'm hoping at this point for Miles -- and maybe we can get Muschamp or Pelini to be our defensive coordinator.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't get Harbaugh, I'm hoping at this point for Miles -- and maybe we can get Muschamp or Pelini to be our defensive coordinator.

I've been hearing Muschamp is going to FSU to be the D coordinater.. dont know how true this is but jimbo and he used to own a beach house together so its possible

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UofM interested in
Gary Pinkel and Bielema